• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preventing Rust on Blade & Plastic Pieces: A VA Guide

or if they had a way to get them to you?Hey, Sheila...you probably have tried this, but thought I would check just in case. Did you call HO to see if you could ship those boxes back to them...or if they had a way to get them to you?I called HO and they said I needed to get a new blade. :( I just did and it's the same thing! I'm not happy about this!I called HO and they said I needed to get a new blade. :( I just did and it's the same thing! I'm not happy about this!
Pamperedva
Gold Member
Anyone having any problems with the blade around the plastic piece rusting? I just found my grossly rusted, doesn't look very sale worthy to me!! VA

Mine's still OK, but it's only been through the dishwasher about 6 times. Do an adjustment! I just did on mine, since the lock won't stay engaged. I need it to store flat. I would lock it and walk away, and it popped up. If I did get it to stay, I needed to use a knife to unlock it - couldn't get it with my fingers.

Pamperedva said:
Anyone having any problems with the blade around the plastic piece rusting? I just found my grossly rusted, doesn't look very sale worthy to me!! VA

Yes! Same thing happened to me...not very happy about this. I'll have to call to get a replacement.

I don't use the dishwasher and I'm having the same issue with rusting. Been meaning to do an adjustment, but haven't gotten around to it. Hope it's not a recurring problem.

My blades are rusting already and my lid doesn't stay in the locked position very well. I am trying to get to love this thing, but it's hard.

Ashley

This is NOT good news. I don't notice any problems with mine and I sure do hope my customers don't either!

NicksBride said:
My blades are rusting already and my lid doesn't stay in the locked position very well. I am trying to get to love this thing, but it's hard.

Ashley

I think you got a dud on the lid, like I did. It is supposed to stay locked and be easy to operate.
My salad spinner stays locked, no problem.

I've used mine lots and the blade's good. I rinse it before I pop it in the dishwasher (air dry). And, I agree that it sounds like you got a dud with the lid. Mine is easy to operate.

mine rusting too....

Try the stainless cleaner. I use it on my forged cutlery all the time to keep them looking new and it works great!

Oh, I better go look at mine! I do know that I really have to make sure mine is in the locked position, otherwise mine will pop open as well....Karen

ShellBeach said:
Mine's still OK, but it's only been through the dishwasher about 6 times. Do an adjustment! I just did on mine, since the lock won't stay engaged. I need it to store flat. I would lock it and walk away, and it popped up. If I did get it to stay, I needed to use a knife to unlock it - couldn't get it with my fingers.

I had the same problem with the handle locking so I posted on here about it and found out you have to really push hard on that little "button" to get it to lock. This first position where it seems like it's catching, is not the final position. Haven't noticed rusting yet.

Oh no, I really don't want to hear this! :yuck:

It's like the pocket thermometer. When it came out, it was fine for awhile, and now I keep hearing about everyone's thermometers losing their heads (mine included).

mine has rusted too.

No rusting here, but two of the three I have gotten had dud locking mechanisms.

My guess is that it's not rust but rather carbon spots...the same thing that happens to our Forged Cutlery if the blades aren't dried as soon as you're done washing them. Some of our SS cleaner should clean it right up and from now on, wipe the blades dry CAREFULLY with a towel as soon as you're done washing.

dannyzmom said:
My guess is that it's not rust but rather carbon spots...the same thing that happens to our Forged Cutlery if the blades aren't dried as soon as you're done washing them. Some of our SS cleaner should clean it right up and from now on, wipe the blades dry CAREFULLY with a towel as soon as you're done washing.

That's what I was thinking too. I've not had a problem *knock on wood*, but I also don't have a problem with my knives air-drying, whereas others can't let them do that without the "rust" spots.

I just want mine! I earned it, but due to the slow overseas mail it didn't arrive in Japan before the evacuation. Hubby said I have boxes now, but it will be months before I get to open them. :cry:

Sheila said:
I just want mine! I earned it, but due to the slow overseas mail it didn't arrive in Japan before the evacuation. Hubby said I have boxes now, but it will be months before I get to open them. :cry:

Hey, Sheila...you probably have tried this, but thought I would check just in case. Did you call HO to see if you could ship those boxes back to them and have new ones sent to you at your new address? Much the same way purchased products can be returned within 30 days? Sometimes HO can be more accomodating with natural disaster emergency situations...don't know if it would work, but couldn't hurt to try!

dannyzmom said:

Oh thank you for this idea, I will try the SS cleaner and see what I get. VA

nikked said:
Hey, Sheila...you probably have tried this, but thought I would check just in case. Did you call HO to see if you could ship those boxes back to them and have new ones sent to you at your new address? Much the same way purchased products can be returned within 30 days? Sometimes HO can be more accomodating with natural disaster emergency situations...don't know if it would work, but couldn't hurt to try!

Then I'd have to pay to ship it all back to Japan when it's time for me to go home.

my lock was sticking too, then I pushed harder and it's fine now after doing it lots of times it's not as difficult. No rusting here, I rinse and dry as soon as I'm done just like my knives. I baby them!

As for as the blade rusting, this happened to me almost immediately after receiving it. I had taken it to a Tuesday night show and stored it until my Friday night show, just to realize it had rusted. Be careful that you don't store all of the pieces together, unless the lid is completely dry. My host had washed my lid and pretty much submerged it in water. The lid dripped water onto my blade, causing it to rust. Of course, I know not submerge the lid, but after I rinse it, I leave it out to air dry thoroughly before storing it away with the other part

Ugh! My hostess submerged my lid a few weeks ago and now it smells musty. I called HO and they sent me a new one and a mailing lable. I love this company:)

1. How can I prevent rust from forming on my knife blade?

To prevent rust on your knife blade, make sure to dry it thoroughly after each use. Store it in a cool, dry place and avoid leaving it in water for extended periods of time. You can also apply a thin layer of mineral oil or cooking oil to the blade after cleaning to create a barrier against moisture.

2. What should I do if I notice rust on my knife blade?

If you notice rust on your knife blade, use a mixture of vinegar and water to gently scrub the affected area. Rinse thoroughly and dry completely. You can also use a rust remover specifically designed for knives. Once the rust is removed, make sure to properly dry and store your knife to prevent future rusting.

3. Can I put my knife with a plastic handle in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting knives with plastic handles in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the handle and potentially cause it to crack or break. It is best to hand wash these knives with warm, soapy water and dry them immediately.

4. How often should I oil my knife blade?

It is not necessary to oil your knife blade after every use. However, if you notice the blade starting to look dry or dull, you can apply a small amount of mineral oil or cooking oil to the blade and wipe off any excess. It is important to make sure the blade is completely dry before storing.

5. Can I use my knife on acidic foods without damaging the blade?

Yes, our knives are made with high-quality stainless steel which is resistant to corrosion from acidic foods. However, it is still important to properly clean and dry your knife after each use to prevent any potential damage or rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • PurpleAngel