• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is my grill press rusting? How can I prevent or fix it?

In summary, the main cause of rust on a grill press is exposure to moisture and air. It is not recommended to use a rusted grill press as it can transfer onto food. To prevent rusting, make sure to properly dry and store the press, and use a protective oil coating. Rust can be removed by creating a paste with baking soda and water and scrubbing with a non-abrasive pad or brush. Avoid using steel wool as it can damage the surface.
PurpleAngel
Gold Member
I was washing my grill press today and noticed rust spots on it. I didn't think this was suppose to happen. I only hand wash any pieces of my cookware and dry them once I am done. Any ideas on how to stop this and reverse it???

Or do I just need to call HO for a replacement because it is only about 6 monthes old...

I would call and have it replaced. It shouldn't rust.

mine kinda did the same thing too, but I just washed it well and use it anyway. It was only on the top. HO will replace it, but you have to send it back... and that thing weighs a ton.

Mine is rusty too. You have to REALLY make sure you dry it.

Since it's enamel coated cast iron, couldn't you dry it in the oven like you do cast iron skillets? I don't have my grill press yet so can't look at it. I wonder if a light coating of cooking oil would hurt it? Just rub it down and wipe it off, like seasoning a skillet. Just a thought.

What causes the grill press to rust?

The most common cause of rust on a grill press is exposure to moisture and air. When not properly dried and stored, the metal can begin to oxidize and rust over time.

Can I still use a rusted grill press?

It is not recommended to use a rusted grill press as the rust can potentially transfer onto your food. It is important to properly clean and maintain your grill press to prevent rusting.

How can I prevent my grill press from rusting?

To prevent rusting, make sure to thoroughly dry your grill press after each use and store it in a dry place. You can also lightly coat the press with cooking oil before storing to provide a protective barrier against moisture.

Can I remove rust from my grill press?

Yes, you can remove rust from your grill press by using a mixture of equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the rusted areas and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing with a brush or scouring pad. Rinse and dry thoroughly.

Can I use steel wool to remove rust from my grill press?

No, using steel wool can scratch and damage the surface of your grill press. It is best to use a non-abrasive scrubbing pad or brush to remove rust.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • BettieC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • kdangel518