• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Rust on Pots and Pans: Tips and Solutions from Home Cooks

In summary, to prevent rust on your pots and pans, make sure to properly dry them after washing and avoid leaving them in a damp environment. If rust does occur, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water or soaking the affected area in vinegar. It is generally safe to continue using pots and pans with minor rust, but it's important to monitor and make sure it doesn't worsen. It's recommended to clean your pots and pans after each use, and there are also natural remedies such as lemon juice and salt that can effectively remove rust.
tiffanypc05
Alright, well to begin with i was washing my moms dishes the other day and noticed that one of the executive pots lids were rusted well i just thought it was b/c she put it in the dishwasher...well i was washing my dishes this morning and noticed that one of my lids are rusted and guess what? I don't own a dishwasher....They are rusted in the same spot...there's a line on the rim of the lid and then it's like it look like the rust has come from that...i don't know if that is confusing or not....Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...

Wow - this is the first I have heard of this. You should contact HO right away!! Let us know what you find out!

Plus lids ARE dishwasher safe, so even if she put them in the dishwasher, this shouldn't have happened.:(

Related to Dealing with Rust on Pots and Pans: Tips and Solutions from Home Cooks

1. How can I prevent my pots and pans from rusting?

To prevent rust on your pots and pans, make sure to properly dry them after washing and avoid leaving them in a damp environment. Also, avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the protective coating on the cookware and make it more susceptible to rust.

2. What can I do if my pots and pans already have rust?

If you notice rust on your pots and pans, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub it off. Another option is to soak the affected area in vinegar for a few hours, then scrub it with a non-abrasive sponge. If the rust is extensive, it may be time to replace the cookware.

3. Can I still use pots and pans with minor rust?

If the rust is only on the surface and not affecting the functionality of the cookware, it is generally safe to continue using them. However, it's important to monitor the rust and make sure it doesn't worsen. If the rust is causing the cookware to chip or flake, it's time to replace it.

4. How often should I clean my pots and pans to prevent rust?

It's recommended to clean your pots and pans after each use to prevent rust. However, if you are unable to clean them immediately, make sure to at least rinse them off and dry them thoroughly before storing.

5. Are there any natural remedies for removing rust from pots and pans?

Yes, there are several natural remedies that can effectively remove rust from pots and pans. Some options include using lemon juice, salt, or a mixture of cream of tartar and water. These methods are not only effective but also safe and non-toxic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erin.tpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies