• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for My First Fairs: Tips From Experienced Vendors

In summary, Wendy uses a drawing slip with humorous questions on it to give out at her fairs. Jules recommends collecting names and slips so that people can win prizes, and bringing old catalogs and mini-catalogs.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
I will be doing my first far next week and then a much larger one in Nov. I know what I am going to set up but I was wondering what you gals had out such as paperwork and do you have your own door slips that you make?

I make my own prize slips (just looked here and made one that worked for me). I also am sure to collect them, not just let me people fill them out and put them in. That way, I can write a comment on them. Anything that helps me remember them. I don't get a TON of names, but then I get them from those interested in PC, not just a prize.As for paperwork...talking consultant agreements and host packets? Depends on the type of fair. You may want some with and be sure they are easily accessible. Know your upcoming dates as much as you can. Even post a calendar so people can see what you have available. I bring old catalogs and the mini-catalogs (like the holiday one now). I have new catalogs to but ONLY for really good orders and for hosts. Good luck. Hope this helps.

I do quite a few fairs. I agree with Jules' list. I have attached the drawing slip I use. I am not sure where I got it, but I did not come up with it. I like it because it it big and the answers are humorous. I think the bigger slip makes it easier to write at a fair. I usuallIy do a drawing for a $25 shopping spree that they redeem through me.

I recently made this little give aways. They are a clear plastic goodie bag like the ones you find at a crafts store. In it I have my card, candy smarties and small box of milk duds. I tie a note to the bag that says,
Don't be a "DUD" for the holidays.
Book a Pampered Chef show of your own today!
They are easy, fun and really great:
For details call Wendy --------
So be a "SMARTIE"
Call now to book your party!!!

It is just something different to give out and people get a chuckle out of them and a few of them have worked. I usually cannot give out homemade stuff at the fairs due to health codes.

Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• Prizedrawingslip.doc
    29 KB · Views: 546
Wendy~I love your prize slip!! It's perfect & great wording!! I'll definately start using this!!

I think it is awesome Wendy! I just might have to give it a shot!! I like it better than the ones I have for sure!

Those are awesome i love it i am going to be giving them a try. at our next show and my fairs coming up soon!!!!

i love this...thanks!

I'm diggin' this drawing slip!! I'm doing a fair this weekend and I was looking for something catchy...think I just found it! Thanks so much!!

Thanks for the compliments, but I didn't make it. I try hard not to make any flyers, LOL! I need to get better at remember where I get them. If anybody sees this and it is yours...Thanks!

My former director told me before that those were Nancy Jo Ryan's. Not sure if she is the one who designed them or not, but that's what I was told.

I use one like that too. It makes people smile. BIG SUGGESTION...add a "Do you currently have a Pampered Chef Consultant?" to it. That's a great time saver too b/c then you can remove some from your call list and no where they stand.

Thank you for all the ideas

Debala715 said:
My former director told me before that those were Nancy Jo Ryan's. Not sure if she is the one who designed them or not, but that's what I was told.

I took a workshop at conference of the creator of this flyer for the prize drawing slips. I think her name was cindy lazor... ??

Ah, okay. Didn't know for sure, just knew that my former director gave us ones that had the same wording and said that she got them through Nancy Jo. The ones that my former director gave us didn't look as fancy as the ones above. But, we all tend to share things anyway, so who knows. LOL

ok who is nancy jo

rose56 said:
ok who is nancy jo
Nancy Jo Ryan, she's a National Executive Director out of IL, and has the overall cluster sales for who knows how many years running. I think she's been with the company since about 1986 or there about.

I have used these for two bazaars so far, and a show later this month. I love it! It gives a more clear-cut answer to EVERYTHING!!!

:D

Related to Preparing for My First Fairs: Tips From Experienced Vendors

1. What are some essential items to bring to my first fair?

Some essential items to bring include your product inventory, display materials such as tablecloths and risers, business cards, order forms, and a cash box with adequate change.

2. How should I price my products for the fair?

Pricing your products for the fair will depend on various factors such as your cost of goods, competition, and market demand. It's important to research and compare prices with other vendors to ensure your prices are competitive.

3. How can I make my booth stand out from others?

To make your booth stand out, you can use eye-catching displays, offer samples or demonstrations of your products, and have interactive elements such as games or giveaways. You can also use signage and decorations to create a visually appealing and inviting space.

4. How can I attract customers to my booth?

To attract customers, you can utilize social media to promote your participation in the fair, offer special deals or discounts, and collaborate with other vendors to cross-promote each other's products. Additionally, having a visually appealing and interactive booth can also help draw attention from potential customers.

5. How can I prepare for unexpected challenges at the fair?

It's always important to be prepared for unexpected challenges at a fair. This can include having backup inventory in case of high demand, having a contingency plan for inclement weather or technical difficulties, and having a positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to any situation that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
MHPampered
  • ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies