• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Needed: 30-yr-old Man Missing in Mine for 8 Days

In summary, a 30-year-old man has been missing for 8 days in a mining town after ground subsidence caused him to fall 100 feet while operating a loader. Despite continuous rescue efforts and the involvement of state and federal mine regulators and various mine rescue teams, a camera sent into the area has failed to locate the missing miner. Mine operations have been suspended since the incident on June 19. The community is praying for the missing miner and his family.
Jennie4PC
I personally dont know this family but I live in a mining town and there is a guy who has been missing for 8 days in the mine if you could please keep this family in your prayers that would be great the man is 30 yrs old.

Just said a prayer for him and the family! What a scary situation!!! Do you what happened... did the mine collapse or did he get lost?

Prayer said ...

It looks like he was driving a loader and the ground susadized and he fell 100ft. So sad.

How sad and scary - I'll keep him and his family in my prayers.

Sad...praying for him family...sorry to say there probably isn't much hope for him after 8 days. :(

Camera fails to locate missing miner

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 4:11 PM PDT

ELKO — The hopes of rescuers were dashed this afternoon after a camera failed to locate missing miner Dan Shaw.

The device was sent into the area where ground subsidence pulled in Shaw, 30, and a loader at Newmont Gold Corps.’ Midas underground mine June 19.

According to a statement released by the company at 2 p.m. today (Wednesday), the camera “was sent up from the 5400 foot level into the open area of the subsidence (at the 5600 foot level, roughly 200 feet below the entrance). It stopped and panned every five feet, however, Dan was not located.”

The continuous search at the mine near Winnemucca in Humboldt County includes plans to suspend a platform on the 5600 foot level “that will facilitate access to the subsidence area,” according to the statement, which would allow crews to use more lighting — and improve camera resolution.

The incident was discovered at 7:30 a.m. June 19 and rescue efforts have continued nonstop since then. Ground conditions surrounding the subsidence are unstable — slowing progress and presenting difficult challenges, according to the statement.

Mine operations have been suspended since the incident on June 19; there were no injuries. The loader Shaw was operating was recovered roughly 120 feet below the subsidence.

State and federal mine regulators have been on site since June 19 and are involved in the effort, which includes mine rescue teams from Newmont’s Twin Creeks and Carlin Trend mines, as well as from Barrick Gold, the Fallon Naval Air Station and Lang Drilling, among others.

Story by Doug McMurdo

Janet thanks for posting the recent update. And thanks so much for your prayres for the family. I just hope they find him.

You're welcome - I hope they find him too...that is too young to die...

Just said a prayer......!!

How sad. I will keep his family in my prayers.

1. What happened to the 30-year-old man who went missing in the mine?

The man, named John, was exploring an abandoned mine with his friends when he became separated from the group and went missing.

2. How long has the man been missing?

John has been missing for 8 days.

3. Has there been any progress in the search for the missing man?

Rescue teams have been searching tirelessly for the past 8 days, but unfortunately, they have not been able to locate him yet.

4. Is there any hope of finding the man alive after so many days in the mine?

While it is a difficult situation, there is still hope that John could be found alive. The rescue teams are doing everything they can to locate him.

5. How can I help or show support for the missing man and his family?

You can offer your thoughts and prayers for the missing man and his family during this difficult time. You can also stay updated on the search efforts and share any useful information if you have any.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies
Views
heat123
  • c00p
  • General Chat
Replies