• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

8 Yr Old Dd Bff Is Moving to Japan

for the ideas! My 8 year old daughter has a best friend, and they have been BFF's forever. Unfortunately, the BFF will be moving to Japan the day after Christmas. (the daddy is getting shipped to Iraq so Mom, Brother and the BFF will be going to Japan (where the mom is from) until daddy gets back)So, my daughter and her best friend came up with a plan to give each other presents. The girls will each keep in touch on Yahoo messenger everyday, and when the time comes, they will each give the other a gift--a Friendship Bracelet. This will be something the girls can keep as a memory of their friendship.Another idea is for the girls to bake
naekelsey
Gold Member
My 8 yr old daughter has a best friend, and they have been BFF's forever. Unfortunately, the BFF will be moving to Japan the day after Christmas. (the daddy is getting shipped to Iraq so Mom, Brother and the BFF will be going to Japan (where the mom is from) until daddy gets back)

I want to have the girls make something together to give to each other...Just not sure what to do. So far the only thing I can come up with is each doing a Knot Quilt for each other... Any suggestions??

Both have already set up there Yahoo accts so they can keep in touch daily!! Would be awesome for them to actually touch something to remember each other with.

Thanks

Friendship bracelets? That might be more portable for a military-kid. We used to make 'em out of DMC embroidery floss and they don't have to be all that complicated. Or you could get them beads and let them string friendship bracelets with beads on elastic string. It's easy, fun.. you can get beads that have letters on them too so they could spell out things like "bff 4ever" and stuff like that...

how about a small scrapbook or collage picture framed.

why not have the girls over to do some baking (supervised of course)? take pictures, develop and make a nice photo album for them. they can remember how much fun they had while together.

How about going to Build A Bear Workshop and creating bears for each other?

Or having them go to one of those paint your own pottery places? They could each make each other something.

I love all of these ideas! The baking/photo book sounds super...they will make memories and have pictures so they will never forget!

I bought a craft frame from Hobby Lobby, painted it and decorated for my neice. You can write "Best Friends" at the top with glitter tube glue and their names at the bottom. That way they always have a picture to remember them by.

Give the girls some of these suggestions then ask them what they want to do. At 8 they should have a good idea of how they'd like to remember each other.

These are AWESOME ideas! Thanks bunches to you all! We had already thought of the build a bear idea but none of the others. I will show the girls all of these and see which one(s) they choose. (knowing them, ALL of them! LOL)
Keep the ideas coming, this is real fun..

Thanks

Related to 8 Yr Old Dd Bff Is Moving to Japan

1. What can I do to help my child cope with their best friend moving to Japan?

It can be difficult for a child to say goodbye to their best friend, especially if they are moving to a different country. Some ways to help your child cope include encouraging them to stay in touch through letters, video calls, or social media, planning a goodbye party or special outing with their friend, and reminding them that even though their friend is far away, the memories they shared will always be special.

2. How can I help my child make new friends after their best friend moves away?

Encourage your child to get involved in new activities or clubs where they can meet other children with similar interests. You can also organize playdates with other children in their class or neighborhood. Remind your child that it takes time to make new friends, but encourage them to be open to new experiences and friendships.

3. Is it important for my child to learn about Japanese culture now that their friend is moving there?

While it's not necessary for your child to become an expert on Japanese culture, learning about their friend's new home can help them understand and appreciate their friend's new life. You can read books or watch videos about Japan together, try cooking Japanese dishes, or even plan a trip to visit your child's friend in the future.

4. How can I support my child if they are feeling sad or lonely after their friend moves away?

It's important to listen to your child and validate their feelings. Let them know that it's okay to feel sad and that it's natural to miss their friend. Encourage them to talk to you about their feelings and offer to do fun activities with them to help take their mind off of things. If your child continues to struggle, consider seeking support from a counselor or therapist.

5. Will my child's friend forget about them once they move to Japan?

While it's natural for children to worry about losing touch with their friends, remind your child that true friendship knows no distance. Encourage them to stay in touch with their friend and remind them that they can always make new memories and create new traditions when they visit each other in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sherri lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
overthyme