• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for the Cozort Family: Tragic Accident in Oklahoma

In summary, the Cozort family from our town was on their way home from our church camp near Madill, OK. When they were in a 5-passenger car, no seat belts, the driver of the other car also perished. Kristy Cozort, the mother, is in Parkland Hospital in Dallas with multiple broken bones. Her niece Lauren Manning, 17, is in a hospital in OKC with multiple broken bones. Lauren's dad (Kristy's brother) told me he has medical insurance on her and that, other than not being able to play basketball for a long time, she should recover. The funeral will be at 2:
Ann F
Gold Member
Dear ones,

There's been a terrible accident that you may have heard about. The Cozort family from our town was on their way home from our church camp near Madill, OK. Six people in a 5-passenger car...no seatbelts...My young friend Kristy Cozort lost her mother, her husband, her oldest child (12), and her youngest child (5). The driver of the other car also perished. Fortunately, the middle daughter was in OKC at the time of the accident.

Kristy is in Parkland Hospital in Dallas. Dreadful injuries, including a head injury that required surgery.

Her niece Lauren Manning, 17, is in a hospital in OKC with multiple broken bones. Lauren's dad (Kristy's brother) told me he has medical insurance on her and that, other than not being able to play basketball for a long time, she should recover.

Lauren's dad is concerned, however, about the medical expenses Kristy's incurring. She's self-employed, and there's some discussion as to whether Jason, her husband, was still employed at the WalMart DC here (with insurance), or if he was plumbing full-time...(no insurance).

Jason's mother and aunt were at worship services last night. The funerals will be at 2:00 this Thursday.

Please keep this family in your prayers. I can't begin to imagine...

Thank you.
Ann F.

Just learned that the two survivors DID have on seatbelts. The Highway Patrol ruled it a "true accident" in that the 2 cars involved were both trying to avoid a 3rd car.

Also, a bank account has been opened at Pauls Valley National Bank to assist with their needs.

Ann Frame
Independent Sales Director
The Pampered Chef
(405) 238-3549
www.pamperedchef.biz/annframe
[email protected]

Last edited:
Ann, I just have to ask, what church are you a member of? The kids from our congretation here in Ohio just returned from Church Camp and I can't imagine if something like that had happened here. You will definitely be remembered in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Amy

Ann,
I'm so sorry to hear about such a horrible accident. I know it will be very difficult for a mother to survive so many family members in this accident. I will keep this family in my prayers.

Jeanie Gay

I will be remembering them in my prayers....My eyes are full of tears as i have read this thread....

amya said:
Ann, I just have to ask, what church are you a member of? The kids from our congretation here in Ohio just returned from Church Camp and I can't imagine if something like that had happened here. You will definitely be remembered in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Amy

I'm a member of the church of Christ. Mitchell, the 12 y/o boy, was in my Bible class last year. My husband taught Jason, Mitchell's daddy, years ago when Jason was in the Jr/Sr hi class...

Thanks for asking.

Thank you for answering. I, too, am a member of the church. In fact, my father has been a church of Christ preacher for close to 35 years. It is great to know a new sister. You and your congregation will be remembered in our prayers.

Ann,

I also will be remembering this family in my prayers. I don't even know what to say.... How sad. I wish you all peace.

Ann, I will pray the the Lord lay his comforting and healing hands on the family. I also pray that those surrounding the family has the strength to be there and help and lend support wherever needed. I also pray for God's will because I know it is right and just.

I hope you dont mind...but I am a member of myspace and I posted the request on there. all of my friends are christians and will be praying with us. Keep us updated!!

Ann,
You know why my heart is breaking for your friend right now. I will keep her in my prayers. If she needs someone to relate to I would be happy to lend my ear and support in any way I can. That group Compasionate friends you told me about has been my life line. One thing I have learned over this past year is there is nothing that can explain the bond complete strangers can form just from losing a child. The how doesn't even seem to matter. It's almost humbling to see how many people out there are going through the same thing you are.

I have also put the family on the prayer chain at my church. Many prayers going up now. My heart breaks for all of them. So sad......

This poor family will absolutely be in our prayers! There is nothing better than prayer to help mend broken bodies and hearts...

TragedyAnn,

God Bless you for asking for the power of prayer from your fellow cheffers.

You are right - you can't begin to imagine unless you have been through it yourself and even then it is different for everyone.

Know that prayers and prayer chains are flowing throughout the USA today for your friend and for you.

Just a piece of advice that I TRULY appreciated during my ordeal - you are close to this family....we tend to ask if there is anything we can do? - which is wonderful; however, your friend is not capable of answering your question or even asking -- JUST DO IT!!! -- go get the kids for the weekend, take the family dog for a while, go over and mow the lawn, wash the cars, pick up and sort through the mail, etc.

I could not have done any of this for myself - thank God I didn't have to!!! WHY? because of the love and compassion of truly dear friends, neighbors and my church.

JUST DO IT!!

My eyes are filled with tears as I read this thread. What a horrilbe thing to experience. This family will be in my prayers and all of their friends.

My prayers go out to this family many times over.
To help with medical expenses for this poor family do some kind of benefit to raise money for them and you could start a fund at there local bank taking donations for there medical expense.
My God bless them through this terrible tradgedy.

1. What happened to the Cozort family in Oklahoma?

The Cozort family, who are Pampered Chef consultants, were involved in a tragic car accident in Oklahoma on their way to a Pampered Chef event. The accident resulted in the loss of their youngest child and serious injuries for the rest of the family.

2. How can I help support the Cozort family during this difficult time?

There are a few ways you can support the Cozort family during this time. You can donate to their GoFundMe page set up by the Pampered Chef community, send them messages of love and support, or purchase Pampered Chef products through their consultant page, as a portion of the sales will go towards their family.

3. Will Pampered Chef be making any donations or contributions to the Cozort family?

Pampered Chef has made a donation to the Cozort family and is also matching any donations made through the GoFundMe page up to a certain amount. They are also encouraging their consultants and customers to show support through purchasing products from the Cozort family's consultant page.

4. Can I send physical items or gifts to the Cozort family?

At this time, the Cozort family is not accepting physical items or gifts. The best way to support them is through donations, messages, and purchasing Pampered Chef products through their consultant page.

5. Are there any updates on the Cozort family's condition and recovery?

The Cozort family has been providing updates on their GoFundMe page and social media accounts. They have expressed their gratitude for the outpouring of love and support, and have shared updates on their healing and recovery process. We encourage you to follow their journey through their official channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies