• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Sister's Health: A Call to Action for Family Support

In summary, my sister, Sue, is 68 years old and just turned 12-1/2 years older than I am. She lives in another city about 80 miles from me and hadn't talked to me in 3 weeks, but was feeling very sick. I told her to call me if she got worse, and she did. I then called her again to tell her that Ali has been told it could be any time for Maggi to be born, and she told me she had been extremely ill ever since she talked to me - running fevers, being on 4 rounds of antibiotics, and having 4 yeast infections. I feel bad for not calling her, but I was also upset that my niece, who lives about 50 feet from my sister
pcchefjane
Gold Member
My sister, Sue, is 12-1/2 years older than I am and just turned 68 on her birthday. She lives in another city about 80 miles from me now so I don't see her very often. I hadn't talked to her in 3 weeks and she was not feeling too well. I told her to call me if she got worse. I called her tonight to tell her that Ali has been told it could be any time for Maggi to be born. She told me that she had been extremely ill ever since she talked to me...ran fevers...been on 4 rounds of antibiotics...had 4 yeast infections from the antibiotics...a real mess since she is also an insulin-dependent diabetic. I feel bad for not calling her but I was also upset that my niece who lives about 50 FEET from my sister and her 11 yo daughter is with my sister every day, did not let me know either! She has my phone number...we all have Verizon so it would not even cost minutes. I wanted to just yell at my sister that my niece should have picked up the phone:cry: (she will be 40 her birthday in December)! Please pray for my sister's health. I am not sure when we will get up that way and it may be Christmas with the new baby and all. Please pray also for my niece to realize how sick my sister is and that she needs to be letting me know what is going on as well! I know after this, I will be calling my sister much more often. Our Mom has been gone 11 years now and our Dad has been gone 26 years on the 19th. My brother lives in FL and I don't see him much at all...last time was October 2006. I am so hurt that she could have died and I would not have known until someone "thought" to call me!

Praying for your sister to get better and soon.

My prayers are with you, your sister & your family.

prayers for your sister and family.

prayers for your sister and family

Sending prayers...

Prayers for you and your sister.

1. What inspired you to write "Prayers for My Sister's Health: A Call to Action for Family Support"?

I wrote this book as a way to share my personal journey of caring for my sister who was diagnosed with a chronic illness. It was a difficult and emotional experience, but through it all, I learned the power of prayer and the importance of having a strong support system.

2. What makes this book different from others on the topic of family support for a loved one's illness?

Unlike other books, "Prayers for My Sister's Health" is a combination of personal anecdotes, practical advice, and heartfelt prayers. It is not just a guide to navigating the challenges of caring for a loved one, but also a tribute to the strength of family support and the power of prayer.

3. How can this book help families who are going through a similar experience?

This book offers a unique perspective on the role of family support in times of illness. It provides practical tips on how to effectively communicate with doctors, manage medical appointments, and navigate the emotional rollercoaster that comes with caring for a loved one. It also offers a collection of heartfelt prayers that can bring comfort and strength to families during difficult times.

4. Who is the target audience for this book?

This book is for anyone who has a loved one dealing with an illness. It is especially helpful for families who are struggling to find the right balance between providing care and maintaining their own well-being. It is also a valuable resource for those who want to learn more about the power of prayer and how it can positively impact their lives.

5. Can this book be used in a group setting?

Yes, this book can be used in a group setting. It can serve as a discussion guide for families, support groups, or book clubs. Each chapter ends with reflection questions that can facilitate meaningful conversations and encourage participants to share their own experiences and insights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pcchefjane
  • General Chat
Replies