• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Pre-Op Appointments & Surgical Biopsies for Breast Health

In summary, the speaker shared their upcoming pre-op appointments and surgical biopsies at a military hospital in Germany. They are nervous but have faith that nothing cancerous will be found. The speaker's husband is away on work and they have been fighting. They ask for prayers and appreciate the support from their "CS family". Other speakers also share similar experiences and offer their thoughts and prayers.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
It is VERY late Monday night here. 1:26 in the morning, actually. Tomorrow morning I have pre-op appointments at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (that's the major military hospital over here in Germany where all the folks from the war are brought). Anyway, on Wednesday I am having surgical biopsies done on each breast. There is a fibroadonoma (?) in my right breast that has begun to calcify and "something" in my left breast that they could not determine. They wanted me to repeat my mammogram in 6 months but since they felt the procedure was necessary on the right breast, I asked them to do the left breast as well.

I am nervous to say the least. I have complete faith that they will not find anything cancerous, but it is still scary. My maternal grandmother died in 1991 from breast cancer. Mind you, I just turned 40 last month and had my first mammogram and now all this. To top it off, my husband is TDY (away for work in civilian terms) this week. I requested conscious sedation so I won't have to deal with coming out of local anethesia.

So, please pray for me. Mainly, to stay calm and not allow my anxiety to get the best of me. I so wish my husband was going to be here. And it doesn't help that we had a fight on his way out the door and I haven't really even heard from him since he left. (I won't even get into that....Men are such BOYS sometimes.) :grumpy:

Sorry I'm babbling. Too much on my mind really. I'm going to bed with appreciation because I know my CS family will be sending calming prayers up on my behalf. Thank you all and bless you!

Prayers coming your way Debi!

Hi, Debi.

They found a fibroadenoma when I was pregnant with Asa (now 6 months). It was a scary process to have it identified, especially being pregnant, but it all turned out okay in the end. I didn't know that calcification could be a problem. I will keep an eye on that one!

I will be praying for you as you go through this. Anytime something medical like this is going on, it's scary and hard, but it's definitely multiplied when a supportive spouse is gone. Please keep us updated...

Love, Me :)

Prayers are going your way. Sleep well tonight and think good thoughts tomorrow! God never gives us more than we can handle.

Sending prayers your way Debi. Take a tylenol pm so you're well rested for your procedure tomorrow. We're here thinking about ya!!!

Prayers coming right up for you, Debi! I hope everything turns out for the best!!

Debi good luck with your surgery {{HUGS}} everything will go well... My thoughts are with you and I will keep you in my thoughts until we hear how everything went... best of luck!

Sending you lots of prayers Debi.... big ((HUGS))... My thoughts are with you!!!

My thoughts & prayers are with you.......

Good luck Debi! I will be thinking about you!

Thoughts & prayers for you tonight. God Bless.

Debi~

He will get you through this. I will be praying for a positive outcome as well as peace in your heart about having it done. Keep us posted!

Love ya!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Kelly

Praying for you...

When does your husband return??

Please let us know how you are feeling once you return.

{{{hugs}}} to you, Debi. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious - then you can look back and think "better safe than sorry."

Do we need to send Rae to kick DH in the ankles to make him smart up?

angmillar said:
Praying for you...

When does your husband return??

Please let us know how you are feeling once you return.

He returns on Friday, I think. He's doing airdrop support for the Army.

chefann said:
{{{hugs}}} to you, Debi. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious - then you can look back and think "better safe than sorry."

Do we need to send Rae to kick DH in the ankles to make him smart up?

Yes please! RAE!!! I NEED YOU! He must REALLY be trying to prove a point because I still haven't heard from him. Grrrr...

My pre-op took forever today. I'm dreading tomorrow because I'm going to be stuck sitting around FOREVER waiting. With no food, no drink, and NO COFFEE!

I appreciate all the prayers! Keep them up please! I'll post when I can.

I'm praying for you Debi!!!!

Debi you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll be praying, Debi. Take good care of yourself, and do everything the doctors and nurses tell you to do. We'll be waiting to hear from you. <<<HUGS>>>

Good luck hun, keeping fingers crossed for you that it is nothing.

I'm praying for you too!

Much prayers to you! Hope your results are great ones!!

Blessings,
Paula

I actually took my Grandmother inlaw to have the same think done this morning. I hope and pray that all of the tests come back squeeky clean for both of you.

PamperedChefDebi said:
My pre-op took forever today. I'm dreading tomorrow because I'm going to be stuck sitting around FOREVER waiting. With no food, no drink, and NO COFFEE!

Oh dear, I've seen Debi without coffee....the docs will definitely regret it if they make her wait til the afternoon!!! ;)

I'm bringing her dinner tonight, so I'll post an update if she hasn't already done it byt then......though knowing Debi, signing on to ChefSuccess will be the first thing she does when she gets home...after pouring herself some coffee. :)

legacypc46 said:
Oh dear, I've seen Debi without coffee....the docs will definitely regret it if they make her wait til the afternoon!!! ;)

I'm bringing her dinner tonight, so I'll post an update if she hasn't already done it byt then......though knowing Debi, signing on to ChefSuccess will be the first thing she does when she gets home...after pouring herself some coffee. :)

Thanks Leggy!

Debi~
I am still praying for you!

Hope DH isn't being a stinker anymore. I think sometimes when we are scared, we pick on each other for other dumb reasons so we don't have to think about what REALLY is bugging us!

Good luck today, hope they do this quickly so you don't have to wait around too long starving, thirsty, and needing caffiene!!

I love you!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Debi text'd me to say she is out of surgery and "feeling great"...of course that may be the drugs talking. :)

She should be home shortly...so we should all hear from her soon.

Thank you for the update. Debi, prayers still coming your way!

I am home and just got off the phone with Kris (aka Leggy). I feel absolutely fine. They ended up only doing the procedure on my right breast. They felt that what they saw in the left breast didn't warrant the procedure. The Radiologist said he believed it was a lymph node and fatty tissue. I still have to have another mammogram in 6 months so that's fine.

I will find out next week the results of the biopsy, though I'm not the least concerned that there is anything to worry about.

Thank you all so much for your prayers! It really meant alot to me.

KellyTheChef said:
Thanks Leggy!

Debi~
I am still praying for you!

Hope DH isn't being a stinker anymore. I think sometimes when we are scared, we pick on each other for other dumb reasons so we don't have to think about what REALLY is bugging us!

Good luck today, hope they do this quickly so you don't have to wait around too long starving, thirsty, and needing caffiene!!

I love you!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Thanks Kelly!!! DH did call last night and text a couple times today. He's still being a stinker (and that's such a great way to describe it) but I think that's just my attitude deciding that at this point. :blushing: And you're right, his main problem was probably his inability to express his concern for what was going on and the fact that he's not here. But I still wanna choke him sometimes. :love:

And as far as the coffee, it was funny! I was sitting there in a wheelchair this morning getting ready to be taken to mammography when the Captain/nurse who did my pre-admit yesterday came in. I spoke with him briefly then told him he was just wrong because he had a cup of coffee in his hand and it smelled SO good. He joked with me about it so I told him for that, he owed me a cup of coffee after my surgery. And he did go get me a cup of coffee when I came from recovery and it was perfect!!! That was SO cool of him! I just love dealing with people like that.

Glad you're doing well, Debi. Don't forget to share the good results of the biopsy when you get them. We want to celebrate with you. :)

I'm glad you're feeling great, Debi. And, yes, we'll celebrate the good result with you!

Debi~

I am soooo glad that everything went smoothly!

When does DH come home so you can choke him in person?! LOL

I am sure you were both very nervous about the entire situation...take it from me (a fellow woman who can convince myself that ALL is NOT my fault....even when I do have a portion of fault...) Just apologize for the tension between the two of you first! Then, he won't feel like he has to be on the defense as soon as he returns. Now, before ya'll start a firing squad on me, let me say this: I am NOT a doormat for my DH. But, I have learned (God has taught me) through the years that if *I* take the first step to settle a disagreement with DH (even if he is 99% WRONG LOL) it sure comes to an end a whole lot quicker! Those times when (in my head) I have convinced myself that I have the "right" to be angry with him and stay angry with him....it normally turns into a HUGE fiasco of a fight. That is all I am saying here. Debi- I hope that came out right! I am NOT dismissing any wrongs that he has done!

Any how...now that I have rambled on and on I will be quiet!! LOL

KellyTheChef said:
Debi~

I am soooo glad that everything went smoothly!

When does DH come home so you can choke him in person?! LOL

I am sure you were both very nervous about the entire situation...take it from me (a fellow woman who can convince myself that ALL is NOT my fault....even when I do have a portion of fault...) Just apologize for the tension between the two of you first! Then, he won't feel like he has to be on the defense as soon as he returns. Now, before ya'll start a firing squad on me, let me say this: I am NOT a doormat for my DH. But, I have learned (God has taught me) through the years that if *I* take the first step to settle a disagreement with DH (even if he is 99% WRONG LOL) it sure comes to an end a whole lot quicker! Those times when (in my head) I have convinced myself that I have the "right" to be angry with him and stay angry with him....it normally turns into a HUGE fiasco of a fight. That is all I am saying here. Debi- I hope that came out right! I am NOT dismissing any wrongs that he has done!

Any how...now that I have rambled on and on I will be quiet!! LOL

I understand what you're saying Kelly. ;) And he actually got home a couple hours ago and we just had a "talk." LOL! The tension is easing.

Glad to hear it.Kelly, I've learned that saying, "I'm sorry," isn't the same as saying, "It was all my fault." I figure that, with few exceptions, I bear at least some responsibility in every argument I've ever had with The Furry Guy. I can always apologize for my part, even when it's mostly because he's being a horse's patoot.

Debi -

First let me apologize for missing this!!!! I will be praying that your test results are o.k./good!

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer after her first mamogram 20 years ago at age 48. She had a mastectomy on one side and was great until the year my DS was born (2003) when she was diagnosed with breast cancer again. She had a mastectomy on the other side too. She has survived twice and has been cancer free again and doing great since then.

No matter what the outcome, keep up the mammograms!

For those who have never had one or have a fear of them - get one! I started getting them in my 20's because of the family history.

Debi - I'm glad your biopsy went o.k., those I'm told can be painful - Mom has had many.

...and keep talking to DH - I'm sure he was afraid for what was happening but guys don't like to talk about that!

You've been having a great year so I hope God continues to bless you!

I'll keep praying!
Janet

UPDATE!

I got my bioposy results back Monday and there is NOTHING to be concerned about. I have had pretty much no pain since the procedure and hubby has even been helping me at my shows when he isn't working.

Thank you so much for all the prayers!!! It really means so much to me!

:balloon: Hooray! :balloon:
So glad it was nothing!

Debi that is wonderful news!!!! I am so happy!!!

Debi~

Praise God for your news! I am so happy that they didn't find anything!!

KellyTheChef said:
Debi~

Praise God for your news! I am so happy that they didn't find anything!!

What Kelly said! :D

So glad it was good news!

Great news and great relief! Congratulations!

Yahoo!! Great to here fantastic new from you:)

Glad to hear the good news.

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that! I missed this thread for some reason the first time around. What relief you must be feeling!:)

What are the pre-op appointments and surgical biopsies for breast health?

The pre-op appointments and surgical biopsies are important steps in assessing and diagnosing any potential issues with breast health. They involve a thorough examination and testing to determine the nature of any abnormalities or concerns within the breast tissue.

Why are you having these procedures done?

You are having these procedures done because of a fibroadenoma in your right breast that has started to calcify, and an unknown issue in your left breast. These procedures will provide a more detailed understanding of the situation and help determine the best course of action for your health.

What is your faith in the outcome of these procedures?

You have complete faith that the results of these procedures will not reveal anything cancerous. However, it is still a nerve-wracking experience and you appreciate any prayers or positive thoughts for a successful outcome.

What are your concerns about the procedures?

Your main concern is staying calm and not allowing your anxiety to get the best of you. You also wish your husband could be there for support, but unfortunately he is away on work. Additionally, you are requesting conscious sedation to avoid dealing with the effects of local anesthesia.

How can others support you during this time?

You are grateful for the support and prayers from your friends and family at this time. Knowing that others are sending calming thoughts and positive energy your way is a source of comfort and strength for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies