• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

pp3 Restarting Constantly: HELP!

In summary, PP3 is restarting for updating applications. Sometimes it does it a few times. Just open it up and make sure it is not updating before you start working on it.
lisa717
Everytime I go there to do something it says "PP3 is restarting for blah blah updating applications..blahblah"..WHY WHY WHY? Even if you ar ein the middle of something......what is wrong...does this happen to everyone else? HELP!!!!!!

Yes, it happens.Because PP3 is connected to the internet, it will update if necessary when you open it up. Sometimes it does it a few times. Just open it up and make sure it is not updating before you start working on it.

Robin

Mine does it constantly too! UGH, drives me nuts! But who knows! It gets updated almost daily!!

I would rather be working with updated information and be interrupted than to have to remember to download updates that used to take forever. I entered an order tonight for a mix n chopper and it had a warning that it was on backorder and when it may be shipped. Yes, I could order it but it would not be delivered with the show. Kind of like having stuff like that available in case I should forget.

Lisa~

Yes, mine does that too and it DRIVES ME NUTS!! It seems like whenever someone calls to close out a show, inevitably, P3 does an update when opening and it has to close one or two times before it will open all of the way in order for me to use it! I wish there was a way to skip the restart thing if you are trying to open it and use it right away! Hmm...perhaps we need to email HO about that!?!?!?!

I do have to say, though, I REALLY like the fact that it updates as soon as any updates are ready! That part I like better than PP!

I will admit that it can be annoying when you get a call and you were not on the computer prior. HO has "suggested" that when you turn your computer on go online and then open P3 to get any updates before you start using it.

That's all well in good if you were going to go on but not when you have someone call you. I guess they think we keep our computers on all the time!

pamperedharriet said:
......HO has "suggested" that when you turn your computer on go online and then open P3 to get any updates before you start using it.

That's all well in good if you were going to go on but not when you have someone call you. I guess they think we keep our computers on all the time!
For those of us that have DSL, we are always on-line. I like the fact that P3 takes care of the updates for me, but I agree, it is frustrating when you need to 'quickly' check something......inevitably there will be an update when you are in a hurry! What's really frusterating is that P3 will not only do the update, but then it automatically re-starts....now, that's something I'd like to have the capability to turn off.....the other day P3 re-started 2 times in a row.....and, of course I had someone on the phone waiting......

OK glad to hear it is not just me..and it is annoying as all heck..LOL

It would be nice to have a feature that lets you restart later like windows does.

pamperedharriet said:
It would be nice to have a feature that lets you restart later like windows does.
Yep! It sure would.

pamperedlinda said:
Yep! It sure would.

They were probably trying to make it idiot-proof for those of us who would tell it to restart later...get doing our work then wonder why we didn't have correct information or it didn't work. :rolleyes:

I know I would probably forget sometimes to go back!

janetupnorth said:
They were probably trying to make it idiot-proof for those of us who would tell it to restart later...get doing our work then wonder why we didn't have correct information or it didn't work. :rolleyes:

I know I would probably forget sometimes to go back!

That's what I was thinking after I wrote my last remark. LOL!

Or even if they had a function to put the update on hold - like my virus scan does.

Mine doesn't do it automatically, I have to go and look for updates. But seems like there is a new update all the time. I've gotten use to looking for updates prior to doing anything on PP3.

The best thing to do is...Check in the lower, right hand corner when you open P3. Just below the blue part of the screen in the white bar. You will see the update "monitor" there if it has an update coming through. You know the one, the littel green rectangles moving to the right. It also has the percentage of update downloaded thus far. If you see that, don't bother doing anything further because it will shut down on you and nothing you've done will take.

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! Even my husband has come to realize that its not "let me just submit this show real quick". With all the updates, it ends up taking forever - we only have dial-up available in our area:eek: :eek:

Related to pp3 Restarting Constantly: HELP!

1. Why is my pp3 constantly restarting?

There could be several reasons why your pp3 is constantly restarting. It could be due to a faulty power source, a software issue, or a hardware malfunction. It is recommended to troubleshoot the device or contact our customer service for assistance.

2. How can I fix my pp3 from restarting constantly?

The first step is to try a soft reset by unplugging the device from the power source for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. If the issue persists, you can try a hard reset by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. If the problem continues, please contact our customer service for further assistance.

3. Can a software update fix the pp3 restarting issue?

Yes, a software update can potentially fix the pp3 restarting issue. Make sure to check for any available updates and install them. If the problem persists, please contact our customer service for further assistance.

4. Is there a warranty for pp3 restarting constantly?

Yes, the pp3 comes with a limited warranty. If your device is still under warranty and is experiencing constant restarts, you may be eligible for a replacement. Please contact our customer service for more information.

5. Can I return my pp3 if it keeps restarting?

If your pp3 is within the return period and is experiencing constant restarts, you may be eligible for a return or exchange. Please contact our customer service for more information on our return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dessertMama
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies