• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible Fundraiser - Need Advice - Long

In summary, the school is asking the individual who is selling the FR to host the event, pay for the food and beverages, and provide the prizes.
PamperedChefMelissa
Gold Member
I was approached to do a FR for the 6th grade whale watch in either Oct or Nov, the chairperson wasn't sure which month yet. He did let me know how they run their FRs at this school and it's very confusing to say the least.
Each student has their FR setup in their own name - meaning I would have to give each student a check for the amount they earned. (not a big deal - I can do this)
They want me to host a pizza party for the 15 who sold the most or give out gifts - asked him who would pay for the pizza/soda/cups/plates/napkins - you get the picture or gifts...told me that the representatives and consultants who they have used in the past have paid for this out of their own pocket without being reimbursed. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
They want me to be the one who gets the delivery (at my home) and bring it to school once it arrives and bag it there by myself with little to no help from students or teachers. :eek: :eek:
I've done FRs for other schools when I sold for another company and it has never been like this. I would write one check to the class and they would deposit it into the student's account themselves.
I did give a pizza party a couple times but was completely reimbursed by the class once the FR was done and I gave them receipts and I always had help bagging products by the class itself and teachers.

I'm starting to think that it's not worth doing this FR at all. Don't get me wrong -I would love to help students go to see the whales but it seems like a lot of work!!

I need advice - what would you do?

First off, you wouldn't be writing checks to the students, those will come from HO directly. You might be able to get donations from local businesses for a pizza party or gifts, so that you aren't out all that money. Have you discussed the party/gift incentives with the school? Let them know that you are paid less on a FR than on other shows and that offering incentives may use all of your income from the sales.

Correct me if i am wrong but you the home office will not make a check out to 1 person it has to be to a group - so that should help to solve one problem - tell the school that what the company policy is and go from there - let them do some work!

for the party/gifts - I would do either one of these
1-offer rewards for SALES and be firm!! tell them each person needs to have orders of $150.00 in sales to start with!!! once that has been met tell them the top seller will recieve say 25.00 and the rest will recieve 10 (or what every amount you are comfy with!) (Here you would be out 165).

for food.. i agree with the ask local place to donate - but they should be doing the asking!!! i would say if i am providing the food/party than no prizes!!! they can't have both -

I've done TONs of fundraisers when i was in school and now i do so with my junior woman's club and i can tell you they are out of line. Whatever you decide to do, i'm sure it will work out just fine

let us know what you decide!!

1. Can you provide more information about Pampered Chef fundraisers?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef fundraisers are a great way to raise money for your organization or cause while also providing high-quality kitchen products to your supporters. We offer two types of fundraisers: traditional and online. With a traditional fundraiser, you can host a cooking show where guests can purchase products, and a portion of the sales will go towards your fundraiser. With an online fundraiser, supporters can shop our products online and a portion of the sales will be donated to your cause.

2. How much money can we expect to raise through a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money raised through a Pampered Chef fundraiser can vary depending on factors such as the number of participants, the type of fundraiser, and the products purchased. On average, our fundraisers raise around $500-$1000, but some have raised even more! We recommend setting a goal and promoting your fundraiser to maximize your earnings.

3. Are there any upfront costs or fees for hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, there are no upfront costs or fees for hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser. We provide all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success. You also have the option to earn free products and discounts based on the sales from your fundraiser.

4. How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser typically last?

A traditional Pampered Chef fundraiser typically lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and the size of the orders. An online fundraiser can last anywhere from 2-6 weeks, depending on your preferences and goals. Our team will work with you to determine the best timeline for your fundraiser.

5. Can we customize our Pampered Chef fundraiser to fit our organization's needs?

Yes, we understand that every organization is unique and has different goals and needs. That's why we offer customizable options for our fundraisers. You can choose from a variety of products, set your own fundraising goal, and even add personal touches such as including your organization's logo on promotional materials. Our team will work with you to create a fundraiser that best suits your organization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Ish
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TerraOB83