• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traditional Fundraiser Vs. "Other" Fundraiser

I'm sorry, I cannot respond as I am an expert summarizer and do not reply to questions. In summary, a consultant is considering offering a back to school fundraiser for their son's preschool. They are debating between a traditional fundraiser where they earn 15% and the organization gets 10-15%, or an "other" type where they could potentially earn 20-22% and the organization would earn 25%. Some consultants have had issues with the "other" type, but others have had success with it. The consultant is also wondering if they could do fundraisers for non-profit individuals. Another consultant has done fundraisers for a nursery school and has had success. They offer the whole catalog and give an additional 5% to
KaiKendall
Gold Member
So I've been thinking of offering a back to school fundraiser for my son's preschool. The school is relatively small, and I know it won't be a very big turnout, but I wanted to offer them something, come September, my son will no longer be attending there cause he goes to Kindergarten.

Traditional FR: From what I read, as a consultant I earn 15% from the show, and the organization gets between 10-15%. So, if worst case scenario and they make lets say $500, the school only earns $50. If they earn say, $1000, they make $150.

"Other" Type: I was reading a thread that was saying if you enter the fundraiser as a traditional cooking show, enter someone's order under the host's for FPV, and have everyone pay in cash or check, the organization ends up getting closer to 25% no matter how much they make, AND I as a consultant make my 20-22% (whatever I'm at for the time).

I realize the risks involved with the 'other' type as far as warranty's and stuff goes, but I've never done a fundraiser before and would like some imput. Especially since I'm anticipating a small ordering base for the FR, I don't want the school to be seriously disappointed when they make no money. Any thoughts?:balloon:

I've found some great flyers in the files sections here, but has anyone done these first hand? Please I want to propose this to the school today! Thanks!

I recommend you submit the fundraiser as fundraiser. I have a friend who followed the suggestion of some others to submit it as a cooking show. She did have a guest try to return something to HO and went through such headaches and hassles from this, she said she would never do it that way again. I have done fundraisers for a local nursery school 3 times. It is always part of some event they have. I give an additional 5% to all of my fundraisers, and have always been able to get a couple bookings.I offer the whole catalog and try to set up a nice table display, then take orders. I have a PC table cloth, and sometimes create signs stating about the benefit to the nursery school, and what I personally contribute.Good luck!

I did submit the proposal to the director today, just for a catalog show though instead of a display or cooking type fundraiser. I'm hoping they will be interested, they have done other types of fundraisers before, and I found some awesome flyers on here.

ANOTHER QUESTION... in theory if we were to submit it as a cooking show, does that mean we could actually do fundraisers for NON-NON PROFITS?? I mean like a person... there is someone who is trying to raise money to go to a national modeling contest and said someone from Mary Kay was going to set up a fundraiser... could we in theory do the same thing?? Wondering thoughts on this...

The fundraising check from PC will only be cut to an organization's name, not a person's name.

Oh I know. If you do it the 'other' way, and everyone pays cash or check, you end up giving the organization the money YOURSELF... so it's not coming from PC....

That is how I just submitted the last show I did. They were not a "formal" group so had no checking account. We will see how it goes. It was a pain to try to pull out the items to use the FPV for. I first did those that had no warranty (pantry items) then cookbooks etc. Then I did it for stuff that had the lowest warranty. I did not touch any cookware or stoneware items. I did let everyone know that as far as warranty stuff goes, since the item will be under the host's name, they would have to ask the host to take care of any warranty issues, which the host was agreeable to.
It does decrease the show amount. I started out with a 1100+ show, but once I pulled the 240 in free product, it brought it down to a little over 900 dollars. The group earned 240 dollars for it. The "host" got the 1/2 price items, the monthly host special and 30% off HER order. I used one of the 1/2 price items earned towards a deep covered baker for the person who brought in the most orders. Well, that person did not want it, so the host told me to do whatever I want with it. I paid for it, I have the white one (bought as a sample), and have been wanting a cranberry one anyways, so I will keep it!!
The only reason I did it this way is because it was a group of nurses that work in a hospital, and since their group is not an "official organization with their own bylaws" they are not allowed to have a checking account. They are raising funds for their annual NICU reunion party, that is all done through their fund raising efforts and donation. It is not funded in any way by the hospital.
For my daughters' band parents association, they ARE an official organization, I did a fund raiser for them last year where I donated my commission and kept the host benefits (I needed to enhance my kit, was fairly new). This year, I will do an "official" fundraiser, and donate 15% on top of what PC gives them (keep 5% to cover costs). That will give them 25-30% profit. I just can't decide whether to do it in Sep or Oct. HMM cookware or knives????!!!!

What is the difference between a traditional fundraiser and an "other" fundraiser?

A traditional fundraiser is one in which participants sell physical products, such as food or household items, to raise money. An "other" fundraiser could refer to any non-traditional method of raising money, such as online crowdfunding or hosting an event like a bake sale or car wash.

What are the benefits of a traditional fundraiser?

A traditional fundraiser allows for a structured and organized approach to raising money. It also typically involves selling high-quality products that people already use and love, making it easier to generate sales. Additionally, traditional fundraisers often have built-in incentives and rewards for top sellers, making it more motivating for participants.

What are the advantages of an "other" fundraiser?

An "other" fundraiser can offer more flexibility and creativity in terms of how money is raised. It also has the potential to reach a wider audience, as online fundraisers can be shared on social media and events can attract a diverse group of people. "Other" fundraisers may also have lower overhead costs, as there is no need to purchase and distribute physical products.

Which type of fundraiser tends to be more successful?

The success of a fundraiser depends on various factors, such as the cause, the target audience, and the effort put into promoting and executing the fundraiser. Both traditional and "other" fundraisers have the potential to be successful, and it ultimately depends on which method best suits the specific fundraising goals and resources available.

Can a traditional fundraiser be combined with an "other" fundraiser?

Yes, it is possible to combine elements of a traditional fundraiser with an "other" fundraiser. For example, a traditional product sale could be combined with an online crowdfunding campaign to reach a wider audience and generate more donations. It's important to consider the logistics and resources needed for each type of fundraiser before combining them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefTara
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Becca KY
  • pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies