• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poll German Chocolate or Choc. Lava Cake?

In summary, the conversation is about trying to decide which cake to make for a BBQ party the next day. The options are a German chocolate cake and a chocolate cake, with the preference being for the German chocolate. Different methods for making the cake, including using a fluted pan and the microwave, are discussed. A recipe for making a German chocolate cake using a cake mix and coconut pecan frosting is shared. The conversation also touches on making cakes from scratch and the success of using a cake mix instead.
heat123
Silver Member
Need to find out which is better for a bbq party we have tomorrow afternoon!??

Both sounded good and simple (in the fluted pan and microwave) since I like both German cake and chocolate cake. Which do you think is better?:confused:

thanks!

chocolate cake! :)

How do you do the German Chocolate Cake?

Give Details.

I need them:eek:

Thanks, Teresa

MY vote German Choc!How I do German Choc in micro I mix cake as normal set aside. Scoop half of coconut pecan frosting in bottom of flut pan, then mix the rest of the frosting in the cake batter. Pour cake batter over frosting place in micro for 12-14 mins.
Now there may be a different recipe, this is how I do mine!

For baking the best German choc. You will need I cake mix (germ choc) and 2 coco pecan frosting. Mix cake as norm and add 1 whole can of frosting. Pour batter in flut, rounds, or rectangle baker. Bake on 350 for about 40 mins. When cake is slightly warm spread the other frosting over. The frosting will ooze and be yummy! The moistest German Choc cake ever!:D

That sound awesome!! Can you do it in the deep dish baker as well? That's all I have right now.

AlowayFamily That sound awesome!! Can you do it in the deep dish baker as well? That's all I have right now.

I am sure it would work in the oven or the micro, you may have to hold some of the batter back and do it that way.

Wow that sounds easy. My mom does her German Choc cake from scratch. I couldn't begin to tell you what she puts in it. It's my husband's second favorite cake...my carrot cake is his first favorite!

Ok so I tried the chocolate molten lava cake. It turned out messy looking so no one was interested in trying it and I didn't taste it so I don't know how moist it came out?! Will try the German chocolate next I guess.

Chef Kearns Wow that sounds easy. My mom does her German Choc cake from scratch. I couldn't begin to tell you what she puts in it. It's my husband's second favorite cake...my carrot cake is his first favorite!

I am all for making things from scratch, but when you can take a base and add to it, and it tastes just as good as from scratch I will do it that way. My husband's Grandmother used to make her German choc cake from scratch, and then tasted mine, she actually switched and said my tasted better! That was awesome!:D

What are the ingredients for Poll German Chocolate?

Poll German Chocolate typically includes chocolate cake mix, coconut, pecans, and a homemade caramel sauce.

What is the difference between Poll German Chocolate and Choc. Lava Cake?

Poll German Chocolate is a layered cake with coconut and pecans, while Choc. Lava Cake is a rich, chocolate cake with a molten center.

Can I make Poll German Chocolate or Choc. Lava Cake gluten-free?

Yes, you can make both Poll German Chocolate and Choc. Lava Cake gluten-free by using gluten-free cake mix and ensuring all other ingredients are also gluten-free.

How do I know when Poll German Chocolate or Choc. Lava Cake is done baking?

To check if Poll German Chocolate is done, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake - if it comes out clean, the cake is done. For Choc. Lava Cake, the edges should be set and the center should still be slightly gooey.

Can I make Poll German Chocolate or Choc. Lava Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make both Poll German Chocolate and Choc. Lava Cake ahead of time. Poll German Chocolate can be made up to 2 days in advance and Choc. Lava Cake can be made up to 1 day in advance. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies