• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poll German chocolate or Choc. lava cake?

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
Need to find out which is better for a bbq party we have tomorrow afternoon!??

Both sounded good and simple (in the fluted pan and microwave) since I like both German cake and chocolate cake. Which do you think is better?:confused:

thanks!

pamperedalf

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2005
MY vote German Choc!

How I do German Choc in micro I mix cake as normal set aside. Scoop half of coconut pecan frosting in bottom of flut pan, then mix the rest of the frosting in the cake batter. Pour cake batter over frosting place in micro for 12-14 mins.
Now there may be a different recipe, this is how I do mine!

For baking the best German choc. You will need I cake mix (germ choc) and 2 coco pecan frosting. Mix cake as norm and add 1 whole can of frosting. Pour batter in flut, rounds, or rectangle baker. Bake on 350 for about 40 mins. When cake is slightly warm spread the other frosting over. The frosting will ooze and be yummy! The moistest German Choc cake ever!:D

pamperedalf

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2005
AlowayFamily That sound awesome!! Can you do it in the deep dish baker as well? That's all I have right now.

I am sure it would work in the oven or the micro, you may have to hold some of the batter back and do it that way.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Wow that sounds easy. My mom does her German Choc cake from scratch. I couldn't begin to tell you what she puts in it. It's my husband's second favorite cake...my carrot cake is his first favorite!

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
Ok so I tried the chocolate molten lava cake. It turned out messy looking so no one was interested in trying it and I didn't taste it so I don't know how moist it came out?! Will try the German chocolate next I guess.

pamperedalf

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2005
Chef Kearns Wow that sounds easy. My mom does her German Choc cake from scratch. I couldn't begin to tell you what she puts in it. It's my husband's second favorite cake...my carrot cake is his first favorite!

I am all for making things from scratch, but when you can take a base and add to it, and it tastes just as good as from scratch I will do it that way. My husband's Grandmother used to make her German choc cake from scratch, and then tasted mine, she actually switched and said my tasted better! That was awesome!:D