• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

German Chocolate Upside Down Cake???

In summary, the recipe for German Chocolate Upside Down Cake includes a layer of caramelized coconut and pecans on the bottom, topped with a rich chocolate cake batter. The topping is made with butter, brown sugar, shredded coconut, and chopped pecans, while the cake batter includes flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and milk. You can use any type of chocolate for this cake, but the traditional recipe calls for German sweet chocolate. To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease it well and let it cool before flipping. This cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Nuts can be omitted or substituted in the recipe.
cheflizzy
HI have any of you heard of this german chocolate cake recipe? I have a host who wants this recipe for her show and I can't seem to find it .
Any Ideas?
Liz

:Hi there! I haven't personally heard of a specific German chocolate cake recipe, but I'm sure there are plenty out there. Have you tried searching online or asking in a cooking or baking group? You could also try reaching out to the show's audience or fans to see if anyone has a good recipe they could share. Good luck!

Related to German Chocolate Upside Down Cake???

What is the recipe for German Chocolate Upside Down Cake?

The recipe for German Chocolate Upside Down Cake includes a layer of caramelized coconut and pecans on the bottom, topped with a rich chocolate cake batter. The topping is made with butter, brown sugar, shredded coconut, and chopped pecans, while the cake batter includes flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and milk. The full recipe can be found in the Pampered Chef website or recipe books.

Can I use a different type of chocolate for this cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for this cake. However, the traditional recipe calls for German sweet chocolate, which has a lower cocoa content and a sweeter taste. Using a different type of chocolate may alter the flavor and texture of the cake.

How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously grease the bottom and sides of the pan with butter or cooking spray. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easier removal. Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes before flipping it onto a serving plate.

Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time. Once the cake has cooled, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 1 month. Let the cake thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

Can I make this cake without nuts?

Yes, you can omit the nuts from the recipe if desired. You can also substitute the pecans with a different type of nut, such as walnuts or almonds. The cake will still have a delicious caramelized coconut topping without the nuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
lindseystar