• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for German Chocolate Something Cake

In summary, a German chocolate something cake is a rich chocolate cake with a coconut-pecan frosting that is popular in the United States. It can be made with any type of chocolate, but using semi-sweet or dark chocolate will give it a more authentic flavor. It can also be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend. The cake can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. It can also be made ahead of time by freezing the cake or storing the frosting in the refrigerator. Just be sure to bring everything to room temperature before serving.
KayPT
I have a host who's mom wants a German chocolate ice cream cake for her birthday. Do any of you have any ideas for something German Chocolate? A trifle or something would be great as I want to do it as a demo.
Thank you!

I'm not seeing trifle, I'm seeing Springform Pan! I'm picturing making a cake in the springform pan in advance. At the show, take it out, cut it in half, put the bottom half back in the springform pan, do a layer of ice cream, the top layer of cake & refrigerate in the springform pan while you do the icing. Then pull it back out, take off the sides, icing & serve!

Great idea Sheila! Thank you. I do not have the PC springform pan though, but it would also work with the torte pan. I'll talk to my host. Thanks again; you rock.

You're welcome! And yes, you could fill up the torte areas with ice cream, then make those two edges meet. Same effect! :D

I made the German Chocolate whoopie pies from the new cookbook. *amazing!!!* Those would be goo as ice cream sandwiches :D

Haven't tried them yet! I'll have to do that soon! ;)

What is a German chocolate something cake?

A German chocolate something cake is a rich, chocolate cake that is traditionally filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. It is a popular dessert in the United States, despite its name, as it does not actually originate from Germany.

Can I use any type of chocolate for this cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for this cake. However, for a more authentic German chocolate flavor, it is recommended to use a semi-sweet or dark chocolate.

Can I make this cake gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this cake gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend in place of regular flour. Just be sure to check all other ingredients for hidden sources of gluten, such as malt or wheat flour.

How do I store this cake?

This cake can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days. If you need to store it longer, cover it tightly and place it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving.

Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time. You can bake the cake, wrap it tightly, and freeze it for up to 3 months. You can also make the frosting ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just be sure to bring everything to room temperature before assembling and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • cheflizzy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg