• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poinsettia Mini Fluted Cakes(Featured Recipe)

C
chefmama
Has anyone made these yet? Are the poinsettia flowers easy to make? I am wanting to make these for my open house in December, but don't know if I am crafty enough to fashion the flower petals.....any help would be appreciated! Also, do you think the petals could be made out of something else instead???

Thanks a bunch.... ;)

We made these at a cluster meeting. The petals were a little tricky. We used pink tootsie roll candies, I think Starburst may be easier to work with. We had to keep microwaving the candy to make it soft enough to roll out.

I found the petals were easy to shape, just cut strips the right length and then cut the corners off to make petal shapes.

In the end, once decorated, the poinsettia cakes did look really pretty. I don't know if I'd do a bunch of them by myself, but if I had a gang of kids helping it would be a fun project.

I tried decorating a cake with the starburst "clay" like you find in one of the Showstoppers - it was a little more painstaking than I though it would be because I kept having to remicrowave the starbursts, but if I did it too much the got liquidy and I had to let them cool again. Quite the pain! In the end the cake did look very pretty and I got lots of compliments, but I think I would only do it again for a special occasion.

Leesa

I was just thinking if large gumdrops would work? They seem squishy enough and could possibly be rolled together. Just a thought.

I made these to display at a booth I had over the weekend and I used Starbursts. I probably microwaved them for about 8 or 9 seconds total, but in two spurts just to make sure they didn't get too soft. Then I rolled them out. next time I won't roll them so thin. I think the leaves would have been more realistic-looking if they were a little thicker than I made them. It does look REALLY cool though! I think I'll save the one I did and bring it to my show on Tuesday. :)

Thanksfor the input...you have been helpful. I guess I will give it a try with the starbursts!

:) :) Cross your fingers for me.... :) :)

UK ConsultantsHas anyone tried this using Maoam-type candy? Not the small bite-sized blocks, but the ones that are larger and flat. I am so sorry I can't remember the brand name, but they sell them in the stores where those of us on a tight budget shop.

At our cluster meeting last night, someone shared that they used fruit roll ups fruit by the foot for the petals. I can't remember everything she said but I remember that she said to not get them overly wet, which kitchen spritzer did too, but the pastry brush or your finger worked best. I'll see if I can get more information, if anyone wants it.
Sandi

CoolI would like more info on the fruit roll ups. I never even thought of that, but I think I will try that instead...I would think I would just have to cut out the petals....no melting required.

Waiting to hear more.....

Thanks. :)

use laffy taffy

I am curious for more information on using fruit roll ups too.

1. Has anyone made these yet?

It is likely that many people have made Poinsettia Mini Fluted Cakes, as it is a popular recipe during the holiday season. You can search for reviews or photos of the finished product online to see if others have tried it.

2. Are the poinsettia flowers easy to make?

The difficulty of making the poinsettia flowers will depend on your level of skill and experience in baking and decorating. Some people may find it easier than others, but with practice and following the recipe instructions, it can be achievable for most people.

3. I am wanting to make these for my open house in December, but don't know if I am crafty enough to fashion the flower petals.....any help would be appreciated!

If you are unsure about your ability to make the poinsettia flower petals, you can try practicing with a small batch before making them for your open house. You can also watch tutorial videos or read step-by-step guides to help you create the petals. Additionally, you can ask for assistance from a friend or family member who is more experienced in baking and decorating.

4. Also, do you think the petals could be made out of something else instead?

The recipe for Poinsettia Mini Fluted Cakes may call for specific ingredients to create the flower petals, but you can always experiment with different materials to see if they work as a substitute. Just keep in mind that the end result may not be the same as the original recipe.

5. Thanks a bunch.... ;)

You're welcome! We hope you enjoy making Poinsettia Mini Fluted Cakes and that they turn out beautifully for your open house in December. Happy baking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooknjess
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • cookin4u