• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Mini Fluted Pan Vs. Large Fluted Pan

J
jillbean
I was looking for a chocolate recipe for a host. She is having a show before Valentine's Day and wanted to feature a quick and easy recipe that she and her guests could make for their husbands. I am thinking that the chocolate cake with strawberries (the one from the Chocolate Bliss show) would be great but I don't have the pan. :eek: Does anyone know if it can be made usuing the mini fluted pan instead? How would I need to alter the recipe?:confused:

This would actually be better because I think that the small ones would be just the right size for two to share and it can be dressed up easily...not that the larger one can't. For some reason I just think the smaller one would be better.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Those would be cute, might want to test it before to determine correct cooking time. Let us know how they turn out!!

Give it a try, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. By the way, this was one of my most requested recipes last season!

I may have to make a special run to the store tomorrow!! I really want to try these!!
Even if I did have the big pan I think the smaller ones would be better, as I said before.

Don't know what my hang up is with that!! Somehow it just seems sweeter and more intimate with the little one. Maybe I'm just a nut!! I've never even thought that before when making other mini desserts. Maybe it's the chocolate and strawberries that are making it seem that way. They are a "romantic" treat.

No, I think I'm just crazy.

Isn't that a recipe for the microwave? You'll need to adjust the time and bake it in the oven for the mini-fluted pan. I think it's a great idea. From what I remember about this recipe - I believe it's really sweet.

I like the idea, but you are going to sell your customers on the idea using a pan you can't even sell to them. The Mini Fluted Stone is no longer in the catalog.

Except you could tell them it is on your website outlet WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.Of course, that doesn't help your host!

I had planned on letting them know that the pan is available in the larger size so it is Great for parties and things like that. I will mention the outlet to those who seem really interested in the small one. I don't want everyone ordering something that isn't helping out the host.
I don't know, maybe it isn't the best idea. It's just that most everyone that will be there has been familiar with PC for years and I figured most of them would have gotten the pan by now if they had wanted it.
I had planned on doing another dish to feature some of the current products.

pamperedlinda said:
Isn't that a recipe for the microwave? You'll need to adjust the time and bake it in the oven for the mini-fluted pan. I think it's a great idea. From what I remember about this recipe - I believe it's really sweet.
Very true! I didn't think of this, make sure that it fits in your microwave and your host's.

If you have a full prep bowl set you can make the mini lemon cakes. I've heard of a few variations of this on here also.

I am plannign on making the cakes ahead of time so it would be in my microwave and they will fit, I think. I think I could park my car in my microwave.
My microwave is HUGE!! It is VERY famous! I KNOW that it was the microwave that was in Mrs. Noah's ark kitchen!! That is how old this baby is!!

Do you have the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan? That would be cute and romantic too and it is something that would be available to benefit the host... Just a thought...

Ok. I'm thinkin' of just forgetting the fluted cake!!
I'm thinkin' of just doing chocolate cakes in the prep bowls, pouring the chocolate over them and garnishing with dipped strawberries. It's the look of the cakes that I was going for and the cakes in the prep bowls will look pretty much the same....if I "dress them up" the same.
They won't look as cute as the cakes in the fluted pan but if I don't show them the picture of the cake that I was going to make they'll never know the difference!!

1. Can I use a mini fluted pan instead of a large fluted pan for a chocolate cake recipe?

Yes, you can use a mini fluted pan instead of a large fluted pan for a chocolate cake recipe. However, you may need to make some adjustments to the recipe to accommodate for the smaller size of the pan.

2. How would I need to alter the recipe if I use a mini fluted pan instead of a large fluted pan?

If you are using a mini fluted pan instead of a large fluted pan, you may need to adjust the baking time and temperature. Since the mini pan is smaller, the cake may cook faster. You may also need to reduce the amount of batter used in each pan to prevent overflow.

3. Would a chocolate cake with strawberries be suitable for a Valentine's Day event?

Yes, a chocolate cake with strawberries would be a great choice for a Valentine's Day event. It is a classic and romantic combination that is perfect for the holiday.

4. Can the chocolate cake with strawberries recipe be easily dressed up for the event?

Yes, the chocolate cake with strawberries can be easily dressed up for the event. You can add extra decorations such as heart-shaped sprinkles, chocolate drizzle, or fresh flowers to make it more festive and romantic.

5. Is the smaller size of the mini fluted pan better for sharing and serving two people?

Yes, the smaller size of the mini fluted pan would be perfect for sharing and serving two people. It creates a more intimate and personalized serving size, making it a great option for a romantic event like Valentine's Day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
cochef
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies