• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PO Box Shipping: FAQs for Online Orders in WA

In summary, the customer's address was okay, but the website should not have allowed her to use a PO Box.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I got an online order in WA for a show that has the mailing address to a PO Box.. I've looked all over and can't find anything either way, but for some reason I'm remembering something about PO BOXES and shipment of our products?

Do we ship to PO BOXES for guests?

I don't think we can ship to PO boxes at all... for anyone. Fedex requires a physical address.

That's right - we can't ship to a PO Box at all. If she's a guest and her order is going to the host, then it's not an issue. But if it's special ship or an individual order, you need her physical street address.

I've had orders shipped to rural parts of the state and used PO Boxes. Up here in Alaska there are some cities that don't have Fed Ex delivery. If your customer lives in a rural area like that, maybe you can check with HO??

I agree there are probably some rare exceptions, but do be very sure to clear any PO box shipment with home office, as suggested.

Two times I've inadvertantly sent a direct ship to a PO box, the order was held at the nearest (then UPS) shipment location...which for one of my guests was a 2 hour drive. Jn one case,when the guest did make the drive to the shipment place...she discovered that the order had exceeded the "hold" time and been sent back to PC. I had to wait for it to be re-received by PC before they would reissue the order back to the customer's mailing address. Customer was NOT happy.

So, long story short....for any direct ship, try for an actual address first. Ifi they insist they only have a PO box, check with Home Office before proceeding.

Good luck!

I think to ship to a PO box you have to ship via USPS. UPS and FEDEX do not deliver to the Post Office

Overseas they use boxes but then it does go through usps.

Well I know APO works fine..I've had 2 hosts already w/ APO, and having just lived in Germany, Pampered Chef is huge over there !

:> But, I called the customer and she had an easy physical address, so I just changed it, and submitted the order.

My problem is that the website allowed her to use that address...If PO Boxes aren't acceptable, then the website should be programmed for such, and redirect them to use a physical address.

Related to PO Box Shipping: FAQs for Online Orders in WA

1. What is a PO Box and why would I need one?

A PO Box, short for Post Office Box, is a locked mailbox located inside a post office. It is used to receive mail and packages separately from your home or business address. PO Boxes are especially useful for individuals or small businesses that do not have a physical address or need to keep their home or business address private.

2. How do I get a PO Box?

To get a PO Box, you can visit your local post office and fill out an application form. You will need to provide two forms of identification, such as a driver's license and a utility bill, and pay the required fees. The post office will assign you a PO Box number and you will receive a key to access your mailbox.

3. Can I use a PO Box as my business address?

Yes, you can use a PO Box as your business address. Many small businesses use PO Boxes as their mailing address to keep their personal or home address private. However, some businesses may require a physical address for certain purposes, so it is best to check with your local post office or business licensing agency.

4. What happens if my PO Box is full?

If your PO Box is full, the post office will hold your mail for a certain period of time, usually 30 days. After that, they will return the mail to the sender with a note stating that the PO Box is full. It is important to regularly check and empty your PO Box to avoid missing important mail or packages.

5. How much does a PO Box cost?

The cost of a PO Box varies depending on the size and location. Generally, the smaller the box, the cheaper the cost. PO Box fees also vary between post offices, so it is best to check with your local post office for specific pricing. You can also choose to pay for your PO Box on a monthly or annual basis.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jenne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies