1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: You Overseas Consultants will LOVE this!

1. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

My customer sent this e-mail to the Solution Center about an hour ago & cc'd me. I LOVE IT!!!

Reprinted with her permission of course. ;)

Nov 11, 2009
  2. Triciascucina

Triciascucina Member

Love it, it is very discouraging to have to wait so long! Some days I do not even want to be a consultant because of how long it takes.

Nov 12, 2009
  3. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Guess what I found out! If you break the military & Custom's Regulations and do "ship-to-host", it comes faster! If the box is over 15 lbs, it comes priority mail. Someone who just moved to the island & didn't know about the shipping restrictions just had 13 boxes shipped to her Okinawa host and it all came in under 10 days!!!

1) I can't believe the post office didn't question 13 boxes

2) How in the heck did she get them all home from the post office??? LOL

I had to tell her that the military can punish you in 3 different ways for violating those shipping rules ... they can yank your business license, they can yank your mailbox privileges and/or they can ERD you. I'm not willing to deal with any of the 3, but I certainly wouldn't want to loose command sponsorship & be sent back home (Early Return of Dependents) leaving my hubby behind!!! Her husband was standing there when I covered the rules & the potential punishments. I don't think she'll be doing that again. But it's not fair that the rule breakers get rewarded with faster shipping!!!! Argh!!! The ones who are paying more for direct shipping are waiting 4-8 weeks and the ones who are paying $4.25 against military regulations are getting it in less than 2 weeks. Sooooo not fair. :(

Nov 12, 2009
Have something to add?