• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Thanksgiving Feast? Share Your Best Stuffing Recipes!

In summary, the conversation was about different stuffing recipes for Thanksgiving dinner. One person shared a traditional recipe with white bread, onions, celery, sage, poultry seasoning, and a secret ingredient. Another person shared a rice stuffing with wild, brown, and white rice cooked in chicken broth and mixed with browned sage sausage, onions, and celery. The discussion also touched on the difference between stuffing and dressing, with one person mentioning a delicious apple stuffing recipe. Finally, someone shared a family recipe for cornbread stuffing with green onions, celery, boiled eggs, and a special seasoning. Chicken broth is added to make it moist and it is then baked in the oven.
Pampered_Ashley
Hey everyone, I am trying to plan my thanksgiving dinner with my family and I was wondering what kind of stuffing recipes all you great cheffers serve. I wanted to mix it up a little so any recipes are appreciated!!:chef:

I am pretty traditional (some would say boring) when it comes to dressing (and BTW.. why do some call it dressing and some stuffing???). My recipe: onions, celery sauted in butter. I buy a loaf of the cheapest white bread and cut it into cubes the night before and lay it out on baking sheets to dry. Add the onions/celery, salt and pepper, sage, poultry seasoning and my secret ingredient (everyone has to have one!) tarragon to it, more butter, chicken broth until it is the right consistency and then stuff the bird. And, yes, I use the measure-all to stuff my bird.

I warned you it was borning, but it's the way we like it!

I do a rice stuffing. A couple of cups of a mix of wild rice, brown and white rice cooked in chicken broth. I brown a pound or two of sage sausage (depending on how many people I'm feeding). While the sausage is cooking I add the onion and celery. Then combine the rice and sausage. I don't drain the sausage. It is GOOOD!! And very easy!

PamperChefCarol said:
I am pretty traditional (some would say boring) when it comes to dressing (and BTW.. why do some call it dressing and some stuffing???).

I think it has to do with whether you stuff the bird or not. Stuff the bird and you have stuffing...baked outside the bird and it's dressing.

I have a delicious recipe for apple stuffing (okay, dressing, b/c it's prepared w/o the bird). I'll have to dig it out and post it for you.

It may have to do with where you live.. I call it all stuffing.. in the bird or not..lol..
My recipe:
Old family recipe Cornbread Stuffing
4 boxes Jiffy Yellow cornbread
1 pkg Pepperidge Farms stuffing mix (bread)
green onions 1 or 2 bunches
celery small one chopped fine _I use several stocks of celery
Atkins sausage seasoning (or salt, pepper, sugar and sage) secret ingredient!
2-3 eggs raw
6-8 hard boiled eggs chopped fine
lots of chicken broth

4 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix in the box.. follow the directions and bake. Cool and crumble. Set aside.
Chop green onion, celery, boiled eggs and mix in large bowl. Add crumbled cornbread and stuffing mix. Season to taste with the Atkins sausage seasoning or salt, pepper (use cracked red pepper too), sugar and sage. Mix very well. Add raw egg and mix well again. Put in large pan or 2 11x14 pans.. Cover with chicken broth until soupy -water line just above stuffing...and I mean just above. Put in oven and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until broth is absorbed and stuffing is drier. Can make 1/2 the batch if you want.. but you'll be sad you did.

Related to Planning a Thanksgiving Feast? Share Your Best Stuffing Recipes!

1. What is the best way to plan a Thanksgiving feast?

The best way to plan a Thanksgiving feast is to start by creating a menu and determining the number of guests you will have. Then, make a grocery list and shop for ingredients a few days in advance. Don't forget to delegate tasks and ask for help from friends and family.

2. How do I make sure I have enough food for everyone?

A good rule of thumb is to estimate about 1 pound of turkey per person. For side dishes, plan for about 1/2 cup per person. It's always better to have more food than not enough, so don't be afraid to make extra or ask guests to bring a dish to share.

3. What are some creative and delicious stuffing recipes?

Here are a few delicious stuffing recipes to try:- Apple and Sausage Stuffing: In a skillet, cook 1 pound of sausage and 1 diced apple. Mix with 6 cups of cubed bread, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 diced onion, 2 minced garlic cloves, and 1 tsp each of sage, thyme, and rosemary. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.- Cornbread and Mushroom Stuffing: In a skillet, cook 1 pound of sliced mushrooms and 1 diced onion. Mix with 6 cups of crumbled cornbread, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp sage, and 1/2 tsp thyme. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.- Wild Rice and Cranberry Stuffing: Cook 2 cups of wild rice according to package instructions. Mix with 6 cups of cubed bread, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 diced onion, 1/2 cup dried cranberries, and 1 tsp each of thyme, rosemary, and parsley. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.

4. Can I make stuffing ahead of time?

Yes, you can make stuffing ahead of time. Prepare the stuffing as directed and place it in a baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking at 375°F for 30 minutes.

5. How can I make my stuffing crispy on top?

To make your stuffing crispy on top, mix in some butter or drizzle it on top before baking. You can also broil the stuffing for the last 5 minutes of baking to achieve a crispy top.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • aksusan