• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planned Parenthood Controversy - Confused?

In summary, there was a controversy in the past about Pampered Chef supporting Planned Parenthood, causing some consultants to leave. However, in 2003, Doris went to Warren Buffet and ensured that no profits from PC would go to support PP. This was reaffirmed in 2007. There is no current issue with PC supporting PP. The OP also has the power to delete or lock this thread.
cookscorner
I ran across an article on the Internet talking about the fact that consultants were leaving PC due to the news that money from PC was going to support Planned Parenthood and abortions.

I then came across an article dated 2003 that stated that Jean went to Warren and asked that something be done. It stated that starting immediately no money from PC would go to support Planned Parenthood.

I then came across a hit that was dated 2007 warning all PC consultants that this was still continuing. I am just confused and was wondering if any of you have any information or current news as to this controversial issue.

cookscorner said:
I ran across an article on the Internet talking about the fact that consultants were leaving PC due to the news that money from PC was going to support Planned Parenthood and abortions.

I then came across an article dated 2003 that stated that Jean went to Warren and asked that something be done. It stated that starting immediately no money from PC would go to support Planned Parenthood.

I then came across a hit that was dated 2007 warning all PC consultants that this was still continuing. I am just confused and was wondering if any of you have any information or current news as to this controversial issue.

Do you have linkage?

Ok, this is old news. Way back when, when Doris sold the co to Warren Buffet, there was a big flap about him supporting PP. Some consultants left because of it. I don't know what Doris did, whether she went to him personally or not, but we got a letter about 3 months later stating that she had his word that none of our profits were going to PP, period. I believe her. I never heard anything about Jean going to him, I can't believe that was ever mentioned, and I honestly cannot imagine HER doing that. It's not like her, and not her place. But be assured, we have all been assured that none of the profits from PC go to PP.

dead_horse.gif

By the way, you can do searches for previously discussed topics by using google. The way to do it is covered in The Hitchhiker's Guide to CS.Try it. Log onto google.com and in the search field, put in:"planned parenthood" site:chefsuccess.comYou'll get at least two pages of threads where this topic has been discussed thoroughly, all the way back to at least 2005.

Jean wasn't even part of PC back in '03, was she? I don't think so.

The OP has the power to lock/delete this thread. That would probably be the best thing to do.

ChefBeckyD said:
The OP has the power to lock/delete this thread. That would probably be the best thing to do.

Yes, please!

Thank you for all of your responses. It is nice to know that this is old news. I appreciate the information on going back to search old posts. I am content knowing that Doris took action on this years ago. I just wanted to be sure.

1. What is the Planned Parenthood Controversy?

The Planned Parenthood Controversy refers to a series of debates and discussions surrounding the organization Planned Parenthood, which provides reproductive health services, including abortion, to individuals in the United States.

2. Why is Planned Parenthood controversial?

Planned Parenthood is controversial due to its provision of abortion services, which is a highly divisive topic in the United States. Some individuals and organizations believe that abortion is morally wrong and therefore oppose Planned Parenthood's services, while others argue that access to safe and legal abortion is a fundamental right for individuals.

3. What sparked the recent controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood?

The recent controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood was sparked by the release of undercover videos by an anti-abortion group, which claimed to show Planned Parenthood officials discussing the sale of fetal tissue for medical research. These videos sparked a debate about the ethics of Planned Parenthood's practices and led to calls for defunding the organization.

4. Is Planned Parenthood federally funded?

Yes, Planned Parenthood receives federal funding through programs like Medicaid and Title X, which provide healthcare services to low-income individuals. However, federal funding cannot be used for abortion services, except in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.

5. What are the potential consequences of defunding Planned Parenthood?

The consequences of defunding Planned Parenthood could include limiting access to important reproductive health services for low-income individuals, as well as potentially increasing the number of unintended pregnancies and unsafe abortions. It could also have a negative impact on other healthcare services provided by Planned Parenthood, such as STI testing and treatment, cancer screenings, and birth control.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat