• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Claim Your 5.5 Million Pound Prize from Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lotto Today!

In summary, the conversation is about a scam email claiming to be from Microsoft and offering a large sum of money to the recipient. The email contains poor grammar and asks the recipient not to report it to anyone. Some of the speakers in the conversation have fallen for similar scams in the past and express disbelief at how many people continue to fall for them. One speaker mentions a book about saying yes to everything, including scam emails. The conversation ends with a humorous discussion about retiring to Peru with the supposed winnings.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
What great news! (Remember the e-mail you used to get that said Bill Gates would give you a zillion dollars for forwarding an e-mail? This was in my inbox on Saturday. :rolleyes:

MICROSOFT ELECTRONIC EMAIL AWARD PROMOTION.
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:58:04 -0400

MICROSOFT LOTTERY UNITED KINGDOM. LONDON.
BANK OF ENGLAND/MICROSOFT HOUSE,LONDON.
Dr ALBERT RICHARDSON (director)
Phone 1: (+44) 701-113-6972
Phone 2: (+44) 702-408-2527
Fax : (+44) 871-264-0840

MICRO (LOTTERY)
REF NO: M154S/WL06.
CHIP NO: 9465206

MICROSOFT ELECTRONIC EMAIL AWARD PROMOTION.

Today, we announce the 25 lucky winners of the MICROSOFT MEGA JACKPOT
LOTTO WINNINGS PROGRAMS held on 28th APRIL 2007. Your company or your
personal e-mail address, attached to the Chip number: 9465206,won in the
sixth lottery category 2006. Your email address has brought you an
unexpected luck, please read through this message.

You are therefore been approved for lump sums pay out of 5,500,000.00,
FIVE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS. Equivalent to, ($10,064,000
USD), Ten Million, sixty four thousand US Dollars.
Blah, blah blah...
WARNING!!! ANY MAIL RECIEVED OF THIS SUCH WITH ANY OTHER TRADE MARK OR
ADDRESS SHOULD BE FOWARDED TO YOUR CLAIMS PROCESSOR IMMEDIATELY, THIS
WILL HELP US TO FIGHT SCAM AND LOTTERY IMPOSTERS. THANK YOU FOR
YOURANTICIPATED CO-OPERATION.
**************************************************************************************************************
The MICROSOFT MEGA JACKPOT LOTTO is proudly sponsored by the Microsoft
corporation, the Intel roup, Toshiba, Dell computers, Mckintosh and a
conglomeration of other international IT companies. The MICROSOFT MEGA
JACKPOT LOTTO internet draw is held once in a year and is organized to
encourage the use of the internet and computers worldwide.

This one combines two old chestnuts, the Nigerian pigeon drop and the "...forward this e-mail to as many people as you can..." Bill Gates scam. Doncha just love the spelling of "Mckintosh" the missing spaces and poor English grammar? Not to mention, don't report this to anyone lest the scammers try to take advantage of you.

I wonder how many suckers fall for this? If they didn't fall for it, these grifters wouldn't keep doing it.

I think most of my friends do... sad.

Common Sense unfortunately isn't a class in school...

I hate to say I did fall for it once... did the foreward thing even though I knew better.
It kills me how many people believe this stuff!

So, KG, where will you be retiring to? I mean, with all those big bucks, you're going to want to be someplace fabulous.

Hmm...haven't gotten THIS one yet!

Grammar is always the key--if the grammar is poor, you know it can't be for real. Like Microsoft would send out something that looked like that! Sheesh!

Has anyone ever read the book The Yes Man? It's about this guy (whose name I cannot remember) who says yes to every yes-no question he is asked for an entire year, regardless of the consequences. One of his buddies has to hook up some super-duper security on the yes-man's computer because the yes-man replies to all of these ridiculous emails... Great book, stupid email.

Wait...so I really didn't win it? Guess I better stop payment on those student loans

raebates said:
So, KG, where will you be retiring to? I mean, with all those big bucks, you're going to want to be someplace fabulous.
Peru.

Razzlebrazzit minimum.

1. How do I know if I have won the 5.5 million pound prize from Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lotto?

If you receive an email or phone call claiming that you have won the 5.5 million pound prize from Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lotto, it is most likely a scam. Microsoft does not have a lottery or sweepstakes program, and they will never contact you directly to inform you that you have won a prize.

2. Is there a fee or payment required to claim the 5.5 million pound prize?

No, there is no fee or payment required to claim the 5.5 million pound prize from Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lotto. If you are asked to pay any money in order to receive your winnings, it is a scam and you should not provide any personal or financial information.

3. What should I do if I receive a notification that I have won the 5.5 million pound prize?

If you receive a notification that you have won the 5.5 million pound prize from Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lotto, do not respond to the email or provide any personal information. Instead, report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

4. Can I trust the email or phone call claiming that I have won the 5.5 million pound prize?

No, you should not trust any email or phone call claiming that you have won the 5.5 million pound prize from Microsoft Mega Jackpot Lotto. These are most likely scams attempting to steal your personal and financial information.

5. How can I protect myself from falling for a scam related to the 5.5 million pound prize?

To protect yourself from falling for a scam related to the 5.5 million pound prize, be cautious of any unsolicited emails or phone calls claiming that you have won a large sum of money. Do not provide any personal or financial information, and always verify the legitimacy of the organization before responding to any notifications of winnings.

Back