• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening a Dull Pizza Cutter - Tips & Advice

In summary, there are several ways to try and sharpen a dull pizza cutter. You can use a sharpening stone, a honing steel, a sharpening tool, or even aluminum foil. Just be sure to use caution and clean the cutter before using it again.
tractorgal
My DIL has used her pizza cutter so much, it has dulled. How would you sharpen it. Any suggestions? :)

Don't think you can. It can be replaced if still under warranty.

There are a few ways you can try to sharpen a pizza cutter:1. Use a sharpening stone: You can purchase a sharpening stone specifically designed for kitchen knives and use it to sharpen the blade of your pizza cutter. Wet the stone with water and then hold the pizza cutter at a 20-degree angle and move it back and forth over the stone, starting at the base of the blade and moving towards the tip. Repeat this process several times until the blade is sharp.2. Use a honing steel: If you have a honing steel, you can use it to sharpen your pizza cutter. Hold the steel vertically and place the blade of the pizza cutter against it at a 20-degree angle. Move the blade back and forth along the steel, starting at the base of the blade and moving towards the tip. Repeat this process several times until the blade is sharp.3. Use a sharpening tool: There are also sharpening tools specifically designed for pizza cutters. These tools have a small slot where you can insert the blade of the pizza cutter and sharpen it by pulling it through the slot a few times.4. Use aluminum foil: This method is not as effective as the others, but it can work in a pinch. Fold a sheet of aluminum foil several times to create a thick, sturdy sheet. Then, hold the pizza cutter at a 20-degree angle and run the blade back and forth over the foil several times. This will help to hone the blade and make it sharper.Remember to always use caution when sharpening any kitchen tool, and be sure to wash and dry the pizza cutter after sharpening it before using it again.

1. How often should I sharpen my pizza cutter?

It is recommended to sharpen your pizza cutter every 3-4 months with regular use. However, if you notice that it is becoming difficult to cut through your pizza, it may be time to sharpen it sooner.

2. What is the best way to sharpen a pizza cutter?

The best way to sharpen a pizza cutter is to use a sharpening stone or honing steel. Simply run the blade of the pizza cutter along the stone or steel at a 20 degree angle, making sure to cover the entire blade. Repeat on the other side and test the sharpness by slicing through a piece of paper.

3. Can I use a knife sharpener to sharpen my pizza cutter?

It is not recommended to use a knife sharpener on your pizza cutter. The blade of a pizza cutter is much thinner and can be easily damaged by a knife sharpener. Stick to using a sharpening stone or honing steel for best results.

4. How do I know when my pizza cutter needs to be replaced?

If you have been regularly sharpening your pizza cutter and it still struggles to cut through your pizza, it may be time to replace it. Additionally, if you notice any chips or cracks in the blade, it is best to get a new pizza cutter.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when sharpening my pizza cutter?

Yes, always make sure to wear protective gloves and handle the pizza cutter with care when sharpening. It is also important to keep your fingers away from the blade while sharpening to avoid any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ibusse13
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jenniwest04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • PCJenni