• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpening Pizza and Crinkle Cutter????

In summary, the customer's pizza cutter and crinkle cutter may or may not be sharpened, but it is not worth it to try to sharpen them.
jenniwest04
I have a customer who wants to know if her pizza cutter and crinkle cutter can be sharpened...she's had both over 10 years! I can't see how the crinkle cutter COULD be sharpened.

She IS planning on hosting a show and could earn those free, but, she was curious and despite my logic of "no" I wanted to see if the seasoned vets out here knew differently!

OK, so this is just a stab in the dark and I HAVE NOT tried this. So if it will not work, someone tell us. Anyhow, I have heard that chopping ice with the food chopper will sharpen the blades. Maybe if she does the same with her crinkle cutter it will sharpen that. As for the pizza cutter, I don't know how you would cut ice with it - guess you could try.

You could proably hone the pizza cutter also. Sharpening is actually taking away part of the blade and you usually need a professional blade sharpener to do this. Probably cost her as much as a new p.cutter!

Just throwing out some ideas here.

The crinkle cutter is not a sharp tool so I don't think it needs sharpenning....I've had mine for 10 years and it still works as the first day!

WARNING- DO NOT try the Food Chopper and ICE thing. IT DOES NOT WORK! :D I had heard that, and had an older chopper that was getting pretty dull. So i tried it. Ruined it!! The blades got bent to pieces and I didn't chop that much! Guess my ice was too hard. :)So I do NOT recommend this! You won't be a favorite person for your customers. I don't know about the crinkle cutter, but I personally wouldn't try it.

i think they are cheap enough that unless she has other stuff to get sharpened, it is probably cheaper to just buy new. speaking of sharpening though, i have the new style kitchen shears, have had them about 2 years. they to be dulling on me. can they be sharpened? i didn't see any thing about sharpening in the PIG

esavvymom said:
WARNING- DO NOT try the Food Chopper and ICE thing. IT DOES NOT WORK! :D I had heard that, and had an older chopper that was getting pretty dull. So i tried it. Ruined it!! The blades got bent to pieces and I didn't chop that much! Guess my ice was too hard. :)

So I do NOT recommend this! You won't be a favorite person for your customers. I don't know about the crinkle cutter, but I personally wouldn't try it.

Thanks for the heads up! Like I said, I had not tried it (and have not recommended it to customers) - just heard about it. Glad to know the results!!! I was really just batting around ideas.....

1. How often should I sharpen my pizza and crinkle cutter?

It is recommended to sharpen your pizza and crinkle cutter every 6-12 months, depending on how often you use it. Regular sharpening helps to maintain the sharpness of the blades and ensures clean, effortless cuts.

2. Can I sharpen my pizza and crinkle cutter at home?

Yes, you can sharpen your pizza and crinkle cutter at home using a sharpening stone or a handheld sharpener specifically designed for kitchen knives. However, if you are not confident in your sharpening skills, it is best to take it to a professional.

3. What is the best way to clean my pizza and crinkle cutter before sharpening?

Before sharpening, make sure to remove any food debris or residue from the blades. You can use a damp cloth or sponge with mild soap to wipe the blades clean. Make sure to dry the cutter thoroughly before sharpening.

4. How do I know when it's time to replace my pizza and crinkle cutter?

If your pizza and crinkle cutter is not cutting as smoothly as it used to, even after sharpening, it may be time to replace it. You should also replace it if you notice any rust or damage to the blades.

5. Can I use my pizza and crinkle cutter on other foods besides pizza and vegetables?

Yes, you can use your pizza and crinkle cutter to cut various types of food, such as sandwiches, fruits, and even dough. However, make sure to clean and sharpen it before and after each use to maintain its sharpness and prevent cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinat51796
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tractorgal
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sburnside