• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharpen Your Salad Chopper for Perfectly Cut Fajitas - Tips and Tricks

In summary, the conversation is about a Salad Chopper that was too dull to cut chicken well during a show. The speaker asks for tips on how to sharpen the chopper, and another person suggests cutting aluminum foil to sharpen it. They mention that the choppers are covered by HO and can be adjusted if needed. They also discuss a potential issue with the red locking mechanism and suggest using a rubber band to keep it in place. The conversation concludes with the speaker mentioning that they have sent back multiple choppers and have had to give loaners to customers while waiting for replacements.
I was doing the fajitas yesterday at a show and my Salad Chopper was too dull to cut the chicken well. Any tips on how to sharpen it?

I seem to remember something about cutting aluminum foil to sharpen your food chopper, so maybe that will work as well? It would be worth a try.

They are covered by HO, do an adjustment

PCJenni said:
I was doing the fajitas yesterday at a show and my Salad Chopper was too dull to cut the chicken well. Any tips on how to sharpen it?

When you are about to cut something take a look to see If the red thing that locks them is not getting in the way. I've have to send back a few already because of this. At first you think its because the blades are dull, but If the red thing is moving, then its preventing the blades to meet...HTH

Ginger428 said:
When you are about to cut something take a look to see If the red thing that locks them is not getting in the way. I've have to send back a few already because of this. At first you think its because the blades are dull, but If the red thing is moving, then its preventing the blades to meet...HTH

That is what is happening to mine! I had a heck of a time with salsa at one of my last shows. it was so embarassing and no one bought the Salad Choppers as a result.

I think I will do a product adjustment for mine.

Ginger428 said:

Same thing happened to me one time. I couldn't figure out for the longest time what was happening so after I struggled to get it all chopped and put the choppers in the sink I discovered what was wrong.

There are serrated (tiny, tiny ones but they are there) so I don't think you can actually sharpen them.

DebbieJ said:
That is what is happening to mine! I had a heck of a time with salsa at one of my last shows. it was so embarassing and no one bought the Salad Choppers as a result.

I think I will do a product adjustment for mine.

I have sent back quite a few...The pair I use in my house I tie a rubber band around the red thing & its fine, but the ones I take to my shows ( I check them before I go) work fine, also keep an eye on the spring, that likes to pop out every now & then. But on the other side...the few women that told me about theirs went into a panic when I told them I'd make a product adjustment...so I had to give them a loaner till they got theors back....:rolleyes: ;)

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your Salad Chopper was not performing well during your fajita show. Sharpening your Salad Chopper is actually quite simple and can make a big difference in the quality of your cuts. Here are a few tips to help you out:1. Use a honing steel: A honing steel is a long, thin rod that is used to sharpen and realign the blade of your knife. Simply hold the honing steel vertically and swipe the blade of your Salad Chopper against it at a 20-degree angle, starting at the base and working your way up to the tip. Repeat on the other side of the blade.2. Try a sharpening stone: A sharpening stone is a flat stone with a coarse side and a fine side. Wet the stone with water and place it on a towel to prevent slipping. Hold the Salad Chopper at a 20-degree angle and move it back and forth against the stone, starting at the base and working your way up to the tip. Repeat on the other side of the blade.3. Use a knife sharpener: If you have a knife sharpener, you can use it to sharpen your Salad Chopper as well. Simply follow the instructions on the sharpener and be sure to hold the Salad Chopper at a 20-degree angle.I hope these tips help you to sharpen your Salad Chopper and get perfectly cut fajitas at your next show. Happy cooking!

What is a salad chopper?

A salad chopper is a kitchen tool designed to easily cut and chop salad ingredients into small, uniform pieces. It typically consists of a sharp, curved blade attached to a handle.

How do I sharpen my salad chopper?

To sharpen your salad chopper, use a sharpening stone or honing steel to carefully run the blade along the sharpening surface at a 20 degree angle. Repeat on both sides of the blade until it is sharp. Be sure to clean and dry your chopper before and after sharpening.

How often should I sharpen my salad chopper?

The frequency of sharpening your salad chopper depends on how often you use it and the types of ingredients you chop. As a general rule, it is recommended to sharpen your chopper every 3-6 months for regular use.

Can I sharpen my salad chopper in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to sharpen your salad chopper in the dishwasher. The hot water and detergents can damage the blade and handle, and the high heat can cause the blade to become brittle and break.

What are the benefits of using a sharp salad chopper?

Using a sharp salad chopper makes chopping and preparing ingredients for salads quicker and more efficient. It also helps to create more precise and uniform cuts, resulting in a more visually appealing and evenly mixed salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyDare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • bbenton4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
Replies