• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pink Spatula Mystery: Possible Color Change and Functionality Issue

In summary, Tammy says that the pink color could be from the food coloring in the brownie mix, or from the decorator bottle that she was using. She recommends spraying the scraper with Clorox Clean up and throwing it in the dishwasher.
AMTC
Gold Member
I just had a girl who I work with at my full time job bring her spatula in to me to show me that it turned pink when she was mixing a brownie mix. She's had it for "a few years" - no receipt, doesn't know who she bought it from, so I don't think I can do anything for her, plus it's still funcitional, just pink.

Has anyone else seen this?

I thought they weren't supposed to change colors.:confused:

I heard something about putting lemon juice on it to make it white again...don't know if there was anything else added to the juice though

What I always tell my customers is to start with a paste of Baking Soda and water. Smear it on the scraper and let it sit for about 30 minutes then wash it off. If that doesn't work try leaving the paste on for a little longer. It should take the stain out.

Or lay it outside in the sun - the sun will bleach it out.

Last edited:
It will also wear off with time..... when I started with PC 7 years ago, I tested a scraper by baking it inside my lasagne! It did turn color, but the white came back after awhile (I don't remember how long...)

put it in a sink of hot water with just a bit of bleach. I do this to all of my white tools every few months just to keep them fresh looking

You can also wash them with a cleaner with bleach (like Soft-Scrub).

Whenever mine get a little discolored, running them through the dishwasher seems to do the trick.

Also have heard to use a solution of bleach water....or to leave them in a dark place.

HTH

Tell her to spray it with Clorox Clean up and throw it in the dishwasher. That worked for me. I rarely buy spaghetti sauce in a jar, but the last time I did it happened to me.

Doesn't this all make you wonder once in awhile what is in our food? Yuk! ;)

Not really, because natural items like blueberries and tomatoes are the worst offenders.

And since everything is bad for you, you might as well eat what you want and die happy.

LOL! I second that!

I've also heard to make a paste of powdered dishwasher detergent and scrub it on there.

While these are all good suggestions, try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Since it cleans Sharpie off of kitchen, it will probably take the pink out of her scraper.

Maybe my brain is a little weary...but how would a scraper turn pink if she was mixing brownies?? hmmm...I'm puzzled!?!??

I thought the same thing but thought I was off too!

When I decorate cakes and make black icing it tends to turn my hands and pastry bag pink. Why would there be food coloring in brownie mix?

Tammy

Hey Annie! Don'tcha just love this site? You get a ton of different answers!:D I was going to say the same thing as Carolyn, set it outside!

On another thread someone suggested the Plastic Booster for the decorator bottles. Would that work on this too?

That was me and I use that stuff like crack! Not literally because that would hurt, but I put a bunch in my dishwasher and then find every stained plastic anything I can find. It all comes out looking brand new!

I'll never squeeze that tube again with out laughing! Thanks for the laughter aid! :)

1. What is the "Spatula Turned Pink" product?

The "Spatula Turned Pink" is a limited edition silicone spatula designed and sold by Pampered Chef to support breast cancer awareness and research. It features a pink handle and a pink ribbon design on the silicone head.

2. Is the "Spatula Turned Pink" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Spatula Turned Pink" is dishwasher safe. To ensure the longevity of the product, we recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher.

3. How much of the proceeds from the "Spatula Turned Pink" sales go towards breast cancer research?

Pampered Chef will donate $1 from every "Spatula Turned Pink" sale to the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer campaign. As of 2021, we have donated over $12 million to this cause.

4. Can I use the "Spatula Turned Pink" for hot cooking?

Yes, the "Spatula Turned Pink" is heat-resistant up to 428°F (220°C), making it suitable for use in hot cooking. However, we recommend avoiding direct contact with flames or heating elements.

5. Is the "Spatula Turned Pink" available year-round?

No, the "Spatula Turned Pink" is a limited edition product and is only available during the month of October, which is breast cancer awareness month. However, you can still support breast cancer research and awareness through other Pampered Chef products and initiatives throughout the year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Luv2bake
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies