• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused Over Pink Scraper Transaction

In summary, the Pink Scraper from the HWC is a pink scraper that is supposed to be $8 but the lady says she paid $8 for it at the Cancer Walk. The scraper is $7 and the lady was charging $2 for shipping and tax which makes the total cost $9.70. The lady says she tried calling the number on the scraper but couldn't get a hold of the person. The lady says she changed her number and is asking for the scraper back. If the scraper is not returned, the lady says she will report the
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I have a lady who just called me regarding a Pink Scraper from the HWC.
Well, she SWEARS that she paid me $8 at the Cancer Walk for the pink scraper.
Ok here is my thing.
1) I ONLY took orders at the cancer walk, NO MONEY.
2) The scraper was $7, I was charging $2 for shipping & tax= $9.70, so she wouldn't have paid me $8.
3) I KNOW I tried calling her NUMEROUS times to follow up w/ her, because I KNOW that she wanted the scraper. I ended up giving up & basically saying "OH WELL!" She says that she changed her cell # and that's why I couldn't get a hold of her, and she is asking me what the number was that I called her at...HELLO, I don't FREAKING KNOW! BUT I do remember her giving me an address sticker to put on her "guest slip" instead of her filling it out, because she is disabled. I told her that she put a sticker on, and she said yes she did. So I remember her, but not her paying me the money for the scraper.
She is totally freaking out over the phone with me, telling me that she doesn't appreciate me calling her a liar, lada lada la,,,etc. etc. etc.
So, I told her that I would look for her paper that had her number and give her a call back.
I just don't know what to do.
HELP!

I would send it to her and forget it. But I do have one on hand (I have it listed for sale-) Sometimes it isn't worth the argument and she might realize she is wrong and pay you or you might realize it and feel terrible. I had a lady send me a check for $32.00 for a chillzanne bowl she thought she never paid for 2 years before when I had her show. I don't recall but thanked her so when it's the other way I just go with it because it isn't too often when you have it happen. If you need the scraper let me know.

trps said:
I would send it to her and forget it. But I do have one on hand (I have it listed for sale-) Sometimes it isn't worth the argument and she might realize she is wrong and pay you or you might realize it and feel terrible. I had a lady send me a check for $32.00 for a chillzanne bowl she thought she never paid for 2 years before when I had her show. I don't recall but thanked her so when it's the other way I just go with it because it isn't too often when you have it happen.

If you need the scraper let me know.

I agree, I would just give her the scraper.

Explain to herwhat you explained to us. Tell her that you were taking orders only and no money. And that the orders were $9.70 not $8.00. Not only is she accusing you of calling her a liar, but she doesn't see anything wrong with making that assumption about you. I agree sometimes it's not worth the fight with someone who is persistent and kind, but with someone who is getting upset and making you uncomfortable, you should really try to explain the situation. If you give in, she will tell other people the bad things about you taking her money, not calling her and calling her a liar anyway.
That's just my suggestion, that's what I would do. I know it's only $9.70 but if we did this all the time, we would lose money to people who lie and that's not right.
Hopefully you had witnesses that were there with you who could vouch for you. Call HO and tell them the situation so they know in advance. I am very sure this lady is not going to be a very valuable customer that PC or you will be missing!!

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
what you explained to us. Tell her that you were taking orders only and no money. And that the orders were $9.70 not $8.00.

Hopefully you had witnesses that were there with you who could vouch for you. Call HO and tell them the situation so they know in advance. I am very sure this lady is not going to be a very valuable customer that PC or you will be missing!!

Debbie :D
I did explain that to her, that's when she accused me of calling her a liar.

I also just got off the phone w/ a girl that worked the booth w/ me and told me that I absolutely did not take money for orders and that I didn't even have anything on hand to sell except the pins & raffle tickets.
I told her *I* knew that, but this lady is saying otherwise.

I too would give it to her and let it go. I would just explain how busy you are and that you appreciate her business. She may respect you for this and send business your way, if not chalk it up as a lesson learned.

What if you just didn't call her back? Maybe she'll forget?

I'd be inclined to just give it to her and include a SB as a "sorry", I'd consider this as good public relations. I know you are right about what happened but is there a possibility if she is happy with the outcome she might do a show/become a good customer/not talk bad about you to others?

When I worked as the admin assist for the Director of Critical Care, one of my jobs was to "screen" the complaints and present one or two options for resolution to my boss. I learned VERY quickly that if you start just GIVING people things, then they will always expect it. If you are completely wrong, that is one thing. But when I knew the hospital/staff/me/etc. was right and the person submitting the complaint was wrong, I would always try to meet them half way.
For your lady, I would probably say something along these lines...
Thank you so much for stopping by my table at the ACS Walk and for your interest in supporting ACS with your purchase of PC products. The $ we have raised through PC has giving so much hope to so many people as they continue to fight whatever form of cancer they have.
After we spoke, I really tried to remember if I accepted any money from anyone for the pink products. I honestly do not think I took any money, just orders... that way I didn't have to worry about keeping cash at my table. However, since you remember giving me the $8 for the scraper, why don't we do this? If I had accepted payment from you for the scraper, the total would have been $9.70. You gave me $8. If you will send a check or money order to me for the remaining $1.70, I will gladly send a scraper to you.

If she really wants the scraper, she'll send the money. She still might bad mouth you to her friends, but at least you can know that you were honest in your dealings with her and tried to resolve this without being taken advantage of.

Anyway, that is JMHO!

It sounds like the votes are split a bit on this one but I would only send her the scraper if you feel there is no other way out of this situation. And, in my opinion, trying to save her to be a happy customer in the future is really not very realistic.

Honestly, IMO, I would not try to win her over with an act of kindness...she is obviously NOT receptive to the truth either because she is delusional, or simply rude and obnoxious (and may be using her disabilty to play to your sympathies too). I would also not offer her a catalog, a discount, a free recipe at a show or a free seasons' best. She totally sounds like a '"host from heck" in the making and I would avoid her like the plague (after you deal with the current situation as you decide to...)

I agree with letting home office know about this in a proactive way, or at least your upline director. This way you have some advance documentation. I would ask for the gal who was at the event with you to write and sign/date a letter indicating what she saw. Seems silly over a $7.00 item but you need to protect yourself.

I would send her a letter, with a "cc" to your director and the home office so she can see that you are taking the situation seriously but that you disagree with her version of events. Point out your proof in the letter.

In my nearly 5 years in biz, the folks who argue the most about stuff like this are usually thorns in my side and eventually cost me money, time, both. I am now VERY leary when folks like this present themselves.

I had one gal who called me and insisted that I replace a broken stone that I knew I had not sold her. She insisted I had. She had family members who also said that yes, it was me who sold it to her and that it was on a combined order with other family members. I spend literally hours searching my records every which way AND then calling 2 other consultants I knew this group had dealthwith. NO one could find the stone purchase. Eventually, the gal showed up at a show I was doing for a friend of hers. She pretty much threw the stone at me and left....I call it a "drive by return".

I was flustered at the show and not wanting to make the host and the friends mad so I did not react to this product toss (literally).

At home I studied the stone.

It was a Home and Garden product.

Called the gal the next day and said I couldn't help her and that I had her stone to pick up so she could return to Home and Garden if they had a warranty to cover it.

Never heard from her again. But her family members are still hosts of mine. They probably know all about her diffiucult behavior.

Ultimately do what you feel you should do but, above all, learn from the episode so to try to avoid falling into such a "trap" in the future.

Good luck....

Ok, I must say that I agree w/ those that say not to "give in to her".
She WILL not be a good customer.
She even commented to me
"I am disabled and I told you that I could not have a show because I am disabled and my family is in Riverside. I really wanted that pink scraper and was excited to get it, and that's all I wanted."
So, obviously, she is no where near interested in hosting, buying in the future, or even being a future contact.
She wanted one thing, made that clear and doesn't want anymore.
I also went to her house and dropped off catalogs, business cards & information regarding the company.
She stated that she "just" found the catalog w/ my # on it.
Kinda funny, cause I took her the stuff in June.
I just don't know.
In one way, I want to just give in to her.
But in another, I don't want her to have the satisfaction if she is "robbing" me.
I put an email into my director. I am really torn with this.

Melissa how many times have I told you to stop ripping off the disabled !!! HaHaHa. Sorry girlfriend I just could not resist. Seriously, is there a possibility I might know this person ? Were you and Shelia in your home town or mine ? I would tell her what she owed and that you will send her the scraper once you receive the balance. I had a woman screaming by my booth I was sharing with Shelia that our foodchopper sucked . People were walking away. I told her I would met her the next day to see what the problem was and I would fix the problem. After waiting for her in a parking lot for 45 minutes she showed up and it WAS NOT OUR CHOPPER !!!! When I politely told her she was mortified, she placed on order to make up for her behavior but canceled the order before I drove home !!! don't let it get you down. I have a team parent meeting for AYSO on the 21st and since I am the fund raising director I NEED to be there. So I will see you next time little sister !!!
Janie

Hey Janie!
I have heard that story, but no, you girls wouldn't know her. I did this at the Relay For Life I did in May. Sheila didn't come out to help.
I am gonna wait for an answer from my director. If I have to give in and get her a scraper, I guess I will. Then the process of finding one....
Yeah, I won't be at the meeting either.
BECAUSE...I TOO am the fundraiser coordinator for my AYSO and I TOO will be at our Team Parent's Meeting that night :D
So, I will see you next time too!!!

Hi Melissa
congrats on becoming fund raising director !!! robin just e-mailed me about doing the training for her that night !!!! Oh no how am i suppose to be in two places at once !!! Do you think Shelia can switch nights to Monday or Thursday my house ?
Back to your original problem - I thought I had the pink scraper but I only have the knife that I have not opened sorry.
Jane

Related to Confused Over Pink Scraper Transaction

1. What is the "Confused Over Pink Scraper Transaction" and why did I receive it in my order?

The "Confused Over Pink Scraper Transaction" is a special promotion where a portion of the proceeds from the sale of our pink scraper goes towards breast cancer research. It may have been included in your order if you purchased a pink scraper during the promotion period.

2. How much of the proceeds go towards breast cancer research?

10% of the proceeds from the sale of each pink scraper go towards breast cancer research.

3. Can I still participate in the promotion if I didn't receive the "Confused Over Pink Scraper Transaction" in my order?

Yes, you can still participate in the promotion by purchasing a pink scraper during the promotion period. Make sure to add the item to your cart to ensure the proceeds go towards breast cancer research.

4. How long does the promotion last?

The promotion lasts for the entire month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

5. Can I return the "Confused Over Pink Scraper Transaction" if I don't want it?

The "Confused Over Pink Scraper Transaction" cannot be returned as it is a promotional item. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bluiydangl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • barbchan
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • chefsteph07