• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for the Deep Covered Baker

In summary, this recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for the Deep Covered Baker, shared by Yvonne Deatherage, calls for a stick of melted butter, brown sugar, pineapple slices, maraschino cherries, chopped pecans, a package of Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and optional whipped topping. The cake is made by layering the ingredients in the baker and microwaving for about 15 minutes. The result is a delicious and easy-to-make cake that can be served with a variety of utensils. There is a suggestion to check the cake at 12 minutes instead of the recommended 15, and to possibly use fresh pineapple and pineapple juice instead of canned.
ChefPaulaB
Here's another DCB microwave recipe... sounds good, can't wait to try it!

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for the Deep Covered Baker
From Yvonne Deatherage

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices
Maraschino cherries
1/2 cup pecans (we will chop during the show)
1 package Supreme Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
optional: 1 container thawed, frozen whipped topping

Place 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) in the deep covered baker, place in microwave for about a minute to melt butter.

Add 1 cup brown sugar (packed in easy adjustable measuring cup) to the butter in the baker and stir til blended using small bamboo spoon.

Drain 1 (20 oz)can pineapple, retain the juice for the cake mix.

Arrange pineapple slices over the sugar mixture. I placed them all around the outside and two in the center which overlapped the ones on the sides..Then place two maraschino cherries, drained in center of pineapple slices or place one cut in half-putting both halves in the center.

Then using food chopper, chop 1/2 cup of pecans and then pour these over pineapple slices.

Add enough water to pineapple juice to make 1 1/3 third cups of liquid using the easy read measuring cup in you use 1 can of pineapple. (or if you use 2 cans like I sometimes do, I use all pineapple juice)

Combine Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix, liquid in easy read measuring cup, 3 eggs, and 1/3 oil using same easy read measuring cup in Classic batter bowl or medium stainless mixing bowl; whisk with small stainless steel whiskuntil well blended and smooth. Pour over fruit mixture in deep covered baker.

Bake in microwave 15 minutes (microwaves varies--so you might need less time)

Cool 5 minutes.

Then invert onto large, heat-safe serving plate. I use the oval dots platter using the oven pads. Once inverted, there is sometimes sugar/butter mixture left in bottom of baker, I use the skinny scraper or the small mix 'n scraper to rub the left over mixture around the outer edging of the cake.

optional: when cooled, pipe whipped topping around the edge of the cake usingthe easy accent decorator.Yields 12 servings or 24 sample slices

I used the bread knife cutting the cake in half lengthwise--the oval shape-- then I cut slices so the cake goes further at shows. Serve with slice 'n serve or mini serving spatula

Wow - does that ever sound amazing!!
I was always sad that I couldn't make the Skillet Upside Down Cake, as I don't have the skillet yet, but this sounds superb!Thanks so much!!!

OK..sorry if this is a silly question..but I am going to ask it anyway..I am assuming that you put the cover on it when you microwave it..that would make sense..LOL..but I just want to make sure

chefheidi2003 said:
OK..sorry if this is a silly question..but I am going to ask it anyway..I am assuming that you put the cover on it when you microwave it..that would make sense..LOL..but I just want to make sure

Not a silly question, because I have no idea! I've never tried it just got the recipe from someone else.... I'll check into that and get back to you!

Bump..I know this was a few weeks ago..I was wondering if you ever got this answer..I was thinking about making this for my cluster meeting on Monday

Heidi - I haven't tried this recipe, but with the chocolate pb dump cake, you make it with the lid off, so that's the way I'd try this one.

I do want to make this one too!

I never did hear back, but I think that Becky is right, that's the way I'd try it too. Let me know how it turns out! I keep meaning to make this and about 20 other things, but I keep putting them off, mainly because I know that I'll eat too mcuh!

That would make sense..I am hoping to make this Saturday or Sunday to make sure that I like it before I take it to my meeting.

chefheidi2003 said:
That would make sense..I am hoping to make this Saturday or Sunday to make sure that I like it before I take it to my meeting.

you have to let us know how it is...

One thing that I wondered about is that the directions say 15 minutes, but the other cakes are around 12 minutes. I think I would check at 12 minutes. 3 extra minutes in a microwave can mean the difference between cake and hockey puck!

I think I am going to try the ingredients just as it says..but..I might try it another time..and do a fresh pineapple..and then buy pineapple juice..do you think that that would work?? I am just thinking that if I were to do this at a show..that is one more product to show..and I don't know about the rest of you..but..people love the pineapple wedger.

WOW - I can't wait to make this! Sounds YUMMY! :)

chefheidi2003 said:
I think I am going to try the ingredients just as it says..but..I might try it another time..and do a fresh pineapple..and then buy pineapple juice..do you think that that would work?? I am just thinking that if I were to do this at a show..that is one more product to show..and I don't know about the rest of you..but..people love the pineapple wedger.

I would totally use a fresh pineapple and juice. Now that I've started eating fresh pineapple I don't even like the canned kind. My DD went to a friends b-day party this summer and they served fruit kabobs with strawberries, melon and canned pineapple tidbits and my daughter was like "What is this?" and the mom said, "that's pineapple" and Gracelyn said, "Um, no it's not" I had to explain that we usually have fresh pineapple and she's not used the canned kind. It was kind of funny! But I have subbed fresh for canned in other upside down cake recipes and it always makes it better, so I'm sure this would too. And I agree with checking the time at 12 minutes too...

ok..then I am not even going to try it with the canned pineapple..I am going to do the fresh right away.

chefheidi2003 said:
ok..then I am not even going to try it with the canned pineapple..I am going to do the fresh right away.

Let us know! Can't wait to hear!

What is the recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for the Deep Covered Baker?

The recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for the Deep Covered Baker is as follows:

Ingredients:- 1/4 cup unsalted butter- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained- 1 box (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix- 3 eggs- 1/3 cup vegetable oil- 1/2 cup sour cream

Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the butter in the Deep Covered Baker and microwave for 1 minute or until melted.2. Add the brown sugar to the melted butter and mix well. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the baker.3. Arrange the pineapple slices in a single layer over the brown sugar mixture. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.4. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, reserved pineapple juice, eggs, oil, and sour cream. Whisk until well combined.5. Pour the cake batter over the pineapple and cherries, spreading it evenly.6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.7. Let the cake cool for 5 minutes before inverting it onto a serving platter. Serve warm and enjoy!

Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple for this recipe. Simply slice a fresh pineapple into rings and use them in place of the canned pineapple slices. Make sure to drain the excess juice before placing them in the baker.

Can I substitute the sour cream with something else?

Yes, you can use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for the sour cream in this recipe. It will add moisture and a tangy flavor to the cake.

How do I store leftover Pineapple Upside-Down Cake?

Leftover Pineapple Upside-Down Cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave it in the refrigerator overnight.

Can I make this recipe in a regular oven instead of the microwave?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a regular oven. Simply follow the same instructions and bake the cake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • DebPC