• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Picky Hostess Porch Party Update - Please Help Again!

In summary, the hostess for the "picky porch party" has decided on the recipe "Berries N' Stars" for her party. She plans on making the dough ahead of time and assembling it on the porch. She asks for any pointers or suggestions from those who have made it before. Some advice given includes baking the crust ahead of time, using a mandoline and egg slicer for slicing the strawberries, and making fresh whipped cream instead of using cool whip. The hostess also preps the strawberries and uses a citrus press and salad berry spinner during the party. She shares that the party went well and she received many orders. She has booked another party for the future and is grateful for the help and advice from others.
Debbieskk
Hi - for those of you who were helping me out with my "picky porch party hostess" (ha, ha) - she's come up with what she wants to do.

Berries N' Stars! Okay, looks good and i figure i can make the dough ahead of time and bring it to assemble on the porch - but i've never made this recipe yet. Has anyone made it - and if so, do you have any pointers or suggestions you'd like to share? I'm going to give it a try at home first, but any ideas would be very appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Debbie

I haven't made it so I cannot help you---but NO ONE Has to know you havent made it before. My advice would be to try it at home first....so you at least have a "flow" about the recipe. Good luck with picky hostess. Whens the party?? I will say a prayer for you! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I made it twice now. It is easy. Definitely bake the crust ahead of time it needs time to completely cool. I use my large bar pan because I do not have the rectangle stone. I roll the dough to size using the pastry mat, then I cut it on the large grooved cutting board. Make sure the crust is a nice golden color so it is not too chewy. I explain how I made the crust and show the guests the tools I used.

I use the mandoline to slice the strawberries as well as the egg slicer plus. Make sure you practice the stawberries on the mandoline, you only need a very gentle touch, but people think it is very cool. What I did for interactive, I had the guest use the egg slicer and I showed the mandoline.

I also showed the citrus press for pressing the lemons as well as the juicer.

I do not like cool whip so I use fresh whipped cream instead. I make this ahead of time with sugar and a little vanilla. I refidgerate it until the show then I transport it in the chillzanne bowl to keep it cool.

I also show the salad berry spinner. I clean the stawberries and spin before everyone gets there. Then I was the blueberries, but leave them in the spinner for the guests to see.

The only other preprep I do is hull most of the strawberries, because it is so tedious.

I think this is it. If it a really hot day, it will melt so plan to eat it right after you make it, or store it in the fridge.

Have fun!

I have printed recipes cards for this recipe, it's in publisher where you can change my info to yours or i have a blank pdf where you can stamp it and give out to the guests if you want it.

just e-mail me [email protected]

Thanks so much, everyone. I'm going to practice tonight - the show's tomorrow! Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute, huh. Well, at least i've gotten a lot of good advice - thanks again.

I'll let you know if i was able to make her happy. Hope so!

Debbie

Good luck!!

Hi - don't know if you read my other thread - but i wanted to let you all know - thanks to the help of you all - party went well. I practiced the berries and stars recipe the night before, and made the dough ahead of time - the funny thing is, after all that fuss, she only had 4 people show up - so, we kind of just all did it together. I think she liked it that way. She did get a lot of outside orders, so it ended up being a great show - $640!

We've booked for six months from now for a catalog, and we're gonna do it again nxt year!

Thanks again, everyone - so much!!!

Debbie

Great glad to hear---esp. since she was so picky!! Thanks for sharing!

Debbieskk said:
We've booked for six months from now for a catalog, and we're gonna do it again nxt year!

Thanks again, everyone - so much!!!

Debbie

Wow, sounds like she finally found a consultant she likes!!! Great job.

Hope the rest of your hosts are less difficult - but if another like her pops up, at least now you know you can handle it.

Sarah

Kudos! I am so glad it went well for you and that you made a new "friend"...nice party total too!

Related to Picky Hostess Porch Party Update - Please Help Again!

1. How can I make my porch party more appealing to picky eaters?

One way to make your porch party more appealing to picky eaters is to offer a variety of options, including both traditional and healthier options. You can also ask your guests for any dietary restrictions beforehand and try to accommodate them.

2. How do I handle guests who have specific food allergies?

If you have guests with specific food allergies, it is important to ask them about their allergies beforehand and plan your menu accordingly. You can also label all of the dishes with their ingredients so that guests can make informed decisions about what they can and cannot eat.

3. What if my guests have different dietary preferences, such as vegetarian or vegan?

It is always a good idea to have a variety of options for guests with different dietary preferences. You can offer vegetarian and vegan alternatives to some of the dishes, or even have a separate menu for those guests.

4. What are some easy and quick recipe ideas for picky eaters?

Some easy and quick recipe ideas for picky eaters include finger foods like mini quiches or sliders, build-your-own sandwich or taco bars, and simple pasta dishes with a variety of toppings and sauces to choose from.

5. How can I encourage my guests to try new foods at the porch party?

One way to encourage your guests to try new foods is to make them visually appealing. You can also offer small sample sizes or have a taste testing station where guests can try different dishes before committing to a full serving. Additionally, you can provide information about the ingredients and flavors of the dishes to pique their curiosity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Debbieskk
  • Joelybear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Mel92504