• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Debbie's Porch Party: Ideas for a Perfect Show!

on the front porch. I've already asked her what she had in mind - she then turned around and asked me, "what are the new theme-type shows" - i told her all about the recent ones, like the salads, 3-meail make ahead beef, etc. - she didn't seem thrilled, and said she was going to think about it, and i should, too - and we'll talk this week. I'm hoping she has come up with her own ideas...where is the recipe for the mandarin oranage salad? I'd like to check that out.
Debbieskk
Hi! I'm hoping some of you have some good ideas for me. I booked a show quite a few months ago at a craft fair for July (keep in mind, i've only been with PC since September.)

Anyway, since then, i've come to find out that my hostess to be has a show every summer for the past 6 years - she booked with me, because she was unhappy with the past 3 consultants that she had - for some reason or another - and she seems to be very particular. Anyway, she wants to do a porch party - and i wanted to see if anyone has some fail-proof, safe ideas for me - i feel very intimidated by this woman. Please help! I think she's definately expecting me to be "The Perfect Chef" - as i'm always told we don't have to be - so i'm way too nervous about it!

Thanks,

Debbie

My advice is to relax and just be yourself! Apparently this woman is never satisfied, but YOU may be just what she's look for!

I would do maybe mojitos in the quick stir pitcher, or the cran-raspberry fizz which is always a huge hit.

The guests can sip their drinks and listen to your presentation. (Put a little alcohol in the hosts drink to help her relax, hee hee!!)

I would suggest doing an appetizer to go with the drinks. You could also do sliced fruit in the Chillzane tray with a fruit dip. I believe there's recipe in the cookbook ALL THE BEST.

Remember----its NOT you its the Host who is picky. I seriously wouldn't be offended if she didn't like your presentation because she hasn't liked the last three. I would OFFER her a JOB on your TEAM! Since she seems to know it all. ;)

Good luck! HTH!

great advice Vanessa---I think she would make a very intentional consultant==

Thank you so much! Those are great, easy ideas - i'll do my best to relax. I think you're right, though - i think she's already set to be unhappy. We'll see!

Deb

Debbieskk said:
Thank you so much! Those are great, easy ideas - i'll do my best to relax. I think you're right, though - i think she's already set to be unhappy. We'll see!

Deb
If she has already set herself up to be unhappy, then I wouldn't be intimidated. I would go and have a BLAST! Have fun with the guests and w/ her and if she likes, you, she likes you, if she doesn't oh well!! It is all good!
Best of luck!!

I wouldn't do the mojoitosFor me they were way too time consuming - and people are not going to be happy with a drink beverage as your demo.

I would do a salad, or a trifle. Something easy, but makes a great presentation

I just did a show yesterday...(it was inside, but could be done easily outside) doing it Wed. outside.
I made the mandarin pasta salad...huge huge huge hit..I put it in the colapsible bowl...they loved it...we added chicken that was already cooked up. I sold 4 bowls to the 7 guests there and the show is at 700.00 right now. I also made the fruit dessert pizza using crescent rolls instead of the sugar cookie dough...love it..they went well together and there;s no baking during the demo..bake up the crescent roll crust before show starts..have pasta cooked and ready as well as the chicken...love these 2 recipes together for summer.

Have you asked her what she has in mind for the show instead of speculating and asking here? It might make her more "picky" of you start offering things that are no where near what she has in mind. Just ask her and see what she says...

What is a porch party?And the mojitos can be very quick if you do a lot of pre-prep. ChefAnn posted her preprep routine once....

Hi - thanks, everyone! A porch party, by the way, is like a deck party, but instead - on the front porch. I've already asked her what she had in mind - she then turned around and asked me, "what are the new theme-type shows" - i told her all about the recent ones, like the salads, 3-meail make ahead beef, etc. - she didn't seem thrilled, and said she was going to think about it, and i should, too - and we'll talk this week. I'm hoping she has come up with her own ideas...where is the recipe for the mandarin oranage salad? I'd like to check that out.

Thanks,

Debbie

What about Bites and Bevs from the fall?

Debbieskk said:
Hi - thanks, everyone! A porch party, by the way, is like a deck party, but instead - on the front porch. I've already asked her what she had in mind - she then turned around and asked me, "what are the new theme-type shows" - i told her all about the recent ones, like the salads, 3-meail make ahead beef, etc. - she didn't seem thrilled, and said she was going to think about it, and i should, too - and we'll talk this week. I'm hoping she has come up with her own ideas...where is the recipe for the mandarin oranage salad? I'd like to check that out.

Thanks,

Debbie
type mandarin pasta salad in the files section and it will come up. This recipe is ALWAYS a hit for me!

Thanks for the recipe info. I first started PC i think when bites and bevs was going on - so i was too new to do a "Theme" - i just wanted to get the show right! I'lll check out bites and bevs tomorrow. What recipes to you recommend from that?

Thanks,

Deb

finley1991 said:
Have you asked her what she has in mind for the show instead of speculating and asking here? It might make her more "picky" of you start offering things that are no where near what she has in mind. Just ask her and see what she says...

I think this is the most valuable suggestion here. If she feels like you are listening to her and trying to please her she's less likely to be disappointed. Then you might be the consultant she books for next year! I don't think it was what the others made or didn't make that turned her off. I think she wants to feel important. I'd let her choose anything she wants and if I didn't know how to make it, I'd learn quick!

on the other hand, you don't want to hand her too much power. if you let her run the show (suggest recipes etc) you will be scrambling to satisfy her (impossible) then if anything goes wrong (in her opinion) she will say "you didn't do what i wanted you to do"

it sounds to me like she will not be satisfied no matter how fabulous you are or how much fun the guests have. so, try to be a little detatched from her and do your "job" - recommend 2-3 recipes for her to choose from, prepare for the show as you always do and then focus on making the guests happy, after all, they are your source of sales and bookings.

do not, i repeat, do not bend over backwards for this host. she will not be happy, and you will feel dumped on.

be yourself, relax, and focus on the guests :)

susanr613 said:
on the other hand, you don't want to hand her too much power. if you let her run the show (suggest recipes etc) you will be scrambling to satisfy her (impossible) then if anything goes wrong (in her opinion) she will say "you didn't do what i wanted you to do"

it sounds to me like she will not be satisfied no matter how fabulous you are or how much fun the guests have. so, try to be a little detatched from her and do your "job" - recommend 2-3 recipes for her to choose from, prepare for the show as you always do and then focus on making the guests happy, after all, they are your source of sales and bookings.

do not, i repeat, do not bend over backwards for this host. she will not be happy, and you will feel dumped on.

I couldn't have said it better myselF! GREAT advice!!!:thumbup:
Why ya in a crappy mood Susan??

susanr613 said:

Yeah, try that approach!

Good luck!

Hi, everyone! I MADE IT!

So - here's the story. I asked her if she had any ideas in mind and, of course, she did - she wanted to do the Berries and Stars with the 4th just around the corner. I had never made it before, but was able to practice the night before with some good advice that i got from some of you experts! Thankfully, it was an easy enough recipe - i prepared the dough/crust that morning and just put it all together there. It worked out GREAT! Here's the real kicker, though - after all that fuss - she only had 5 people show up - two of which, came after we were done and i was packing up. Luckily, she had enough outside orders (as i said - this is her 8th year) - we had a $640 show - AND we've booked a catalog show in six months, to follow up with another show next year! Thanks to all of you - you all have some really great advice!

Glad it went better than you had expected Debbie! She must have liked you!! lol

I am glad it went well!

I'm glad it went well, too - thanks to you all!

Debbie

1. What is "Debbie's Porch Party: Ideas for a Perfect Show!"?

"Debbie's Porch Party" is a collection of tips and ideas for hosting a successful Pampered Chef show on your porch.

2. What are some ideas for decorating my porch for the show?

Some ideas for porch decorations include string lights, colorful tablecloths, and fresh flowers. You can also incorporate Pampered Chef products into your decorations by displaying them on a table or hanging them on a wall.

3. How can I make sure my guests have a great time at the porch party?

One way to ensure your guests have a great time is to plan fun activities, such as product demonstrations or games. You can also provide tasty snacks and drinks using Pampered Chef products.

4. Will there be any special deals or discounts at the porch party?

Yes, as a host, you have the opportunity to earn free products and discounts based on the sales from your party. Your Pampered Chef consultant can also provide information on current promotions and specials.

5. Can I invite friends who don't live nearby to the porch party?

Absolutely! Your Pampered Chef consultant can set up a virtual party for friends and family who are unable to attend in person. This way, they can still participate and support your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dragonflyz
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • KCPChef