• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!! Fajita's & Margarita's for About 50 Guests!!!

In summary, the hostess is having a house showing/PC party and she has 38 definite yes' & 12 maybe's. She hasn't heard from about 18-20 other guests, so she's been coaching them along the way. The hostess plans on bringing a simple chocolate lovers trifle and tripling the rush hour fajita's. She thinks that 4-5 batches of fajitas would be enough and she has a friend coming along to help with the demos. Any advice for a show of this size would be appreciated.
Mel92504
Gold Member
So I have a hostess who just moved into her new house who's having a house showing/PC party.

We decided to do fajita's & margarita's for the demo.....LOVE this combo!!!

so she said originally that she thought she'd probably have about 15-20 people there....just got an email from her....has 38 definite yes' & 12 maybe's!!! Still hasn't heard from about 18-20 other guests!!! I of course have been coaching her along the way to "overinvite" but neither one of us thought it would get to this point!!! :)

So I guess my question is....do you think that tripling the rush hour fajita's would be enough...& I told her to buy enough margarita mixers for 4-5 batches (slap your mama)

I also plan on bring a simple chocolate lovers trifle ahead of time....so hopefully we'll have enough to go around ;)

Any advice for a show of this size would be GREAT!!! I have a friend coming along with me early to help prep the veggies & what not so I can hopefully have at least 2 batches of the fajita's made before anyone even gets there....just think that it would be wayyyy to drug out doing the entire demo in front of that crowd.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! TIA:blushing:

Is this a show you do interactive or just do the demo. I am interested in the recipe for both of these as I think this show is amazing too. Great for Summer shows.

I mostly do the demo....sometimes I can get a few people to help out...but there's really not much to it...super easy & tastes GREAT!!if you do a recipe search for rush hour fajita's & the slap your mama margarita's those are the recipes that I use.

I'd have her make most of it ahead of time, and then you just demo one recipe of each. There is no way you can be expected to cook for 50 people. That's not your job.

What's the choco lover's trifle? That sounds yummy

I agree, do most ahead of time and then run one batch as the demo!

ONLY COOK One Recipe in front of people. She can have whatever spread she chooses - but make it clear it is not a typical show - K.I.S.S. to get recruits and hosts from 38 confirmed guests! And RECRUIT HER!

Been there done that :) Literally. I did a show last summer, had 50-54 people and we did the fajita and margaritas. One thing I would suggest- if you do a demo, only do the margaritas. With your show opening, magarita demo and closing you should only be talking for about 15 minutes and with a crowd that size, that is all the time they will pay attention to you.
I started one batch of the fajitas right before I began that way when I heard the "ding" I knew it was time for me to can it. I put out the fajitas and margaritas (I had enough magarita for 2 batches in the gallon quick stir). As soon as the first batch of fajitas was cleaned out, I threw the already prepped ingredients for the second batch of fajitas in the micro. It flowed really well and we had about 2-3 cups of the mageritas left at the end and maybe enough chicken left for one fajita.
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the trifle- remember, you have future hosts and recruits in that crowd and if they see you haul in a trifle, plus do the drinks and the fajitas, it could be a big turn off (it will look like wayyy to much work). Just my humble opinion :)
You want to keep it wayyyyy simple since you will be spending a majority of your time doing your full service checkout with every single guest.

thanks so much for the advice!!

Not to sound silly Scott...but what is k.i.s.s.??? It's probably something obvious...but my brain is not working very well right now ;)

K I S S = Keep It Simple Stupid

not that you are stupid.....

I prefer K I S S = Keep It Simple Sweetie!!! lol

What is the best way to prepare fajitas for a large group?

The best way to prepare fajitas for a large group is to marinate the meat and vegetables ahead of time, and then cook them on a grill or in the oven. This will help save time and ensure that the flavors have fully developed before serving.

How much meat and vegetables should I buy for 50 guests?

For 50 guests, it is recommended to buy approximately 20 pounds of meat and 10 pounds of vegetables. This will allow for about 6-8 ounces of meat and 4-5 ounces of vegetables per person.

Can I make fajitas ahead of time?

Yes, you can make fajitas ahead of time by preparing the marinade and marinating the meat and vegetables a day before the event. You can also pre-cut the vegetables and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Cook the fajitas right before serving for the best flavor and texture.

How do I keep fajitas warm for a party?

The best way to keep fajitas warm for a party is to place them in a slow cooker on the "warm" setting. You can also cover them with foil and place them in a warm oven until ready to serve.

What is the best way to make margaritas for a large group?

The best way to make margaritas for a large group is to make a big batch ahead of time and store it in a pitcher in the fridge. This will save time and allow for easy serving. You can also set up a DIY margarita bar with different flavored syrups and toppings for guests to customize their drinks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
krahema
  • TheFreddiesCook