• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle 27 Confirmed Guests?

to get to buy anything. I had her sign up for a catalog and email me the order. She was excited about it!
krahema
I have a "good" problem :) My show for Wednesday night has 27 confirmed guests. While that sounds great, I know that sometimes large parties don't end up producing the best results - sometimes lower "per-guest" orders and difficult to generate bookings.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for large parties? I typically do a very interactive party - usually the 15-minute fajitas, salsa & guac. I was planning to do this, but now I'm worried about how to keep a group that size interactive, let alone engaged. Also, I don't think that recipe will make enough for everyone to even have a taste of the food.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Margaret

I would have two teams. Splitting them in two rooms even so it's not so overwhelming. Consider doubling the recipe. Even if you have only one DCB available, one can prep everything and when the first one is done it can be moved to a bowl and the second one put in the microwave.

Alternately, have one group do the planned recipe (you can almost double it in the DCB - just add cook time) and have the other do a trifle dessert.

I've had a big show like that where I was doing the interactive, but it was too crazy of a group. So...I recruited just a couple of helpers. I was blessed with a loud helper making the avocado salsa...she sold about 5 or 6 mix n mashers at least, among other things and my other helper made people try every tool she was impressed with. So I'd talk to the host and find out who the outgoing ones are and see if you can get their assistance. I gave them each a Season's Best or something for being so great. MANY of the people were just milling and talking, but they were talking PC and asking questions and buying so it was just fine with me :).

Jules711 said:
I've had a big show like that where I was doing the interactive, but it was too crazy of a group. So...I recruited just a couple of helpers. I was blessed with a loud helper making the avocado salsa...she sold about 5 or 6 mix n mashers at least, among other things and my other helper made people try every tool she was impressed with. So I'd talk to the host and find out who the outgoing ones are and see if you can get their assistance. I gave them each a Season's Best or something for being so great. MANY of the people were just milling and talking, but they were talking PC and asking questions and buying so it was just fine with me :).

Great advice! I'd perhaps also ask around before you get started about who has what tools they love, find people who can demo the tools you're planning to use, then let them do the selling for you.

I have hands on helpers to assist with the recipe and I ask them to give their critique of the tools they are using and how they like it. I ask if they could think of other uses for the tools besides what we just used it for in the demo.I also recruit members of the 'audience' to be the first to find the tools in the catalog. I'll hold up the tool, say what it is and let my helper use it while the non helpers search the catalog for it. It's kind of the Queen of the Shoppers plan where I use a Season's Best as the prize for who finds the product in the catalog. When the recipe is all assembled, the last person holding the SBRC gets to keep it.

I don't do a fully interactive show. My show yesterday had about 24 people there. It was a bit unique since it was in the club house of a 55+ plus community. They were sitting at tables of 4. I didn't even have everyone do introductions. I had a few people say what their favorite product was and made sure they said what page it was on. There was no way that everyone was going to pay attention. I tried to go through the demo as quickly as possible. I brought a few tools to people to try during steps of the recipe. I made sure to cover my booking talk and did the ticket activity for recruiting and then during dead time had other people mention a favorite product. I think it was important to give them plenty of time to go through the catalog and do their order and talk to their friends. I also had one woman in the back who was hard of hearing so she had me yelling, which I'm fine doing when it's my kids but not so comfortable when it's a room of adults.

The fajitas recipe is fabulous! To double it, you can actually cook a second recipe of it on the stovetop, in the Family Skillet!!

Another idea for this is, don't forget the morning after calls! Full-service checkout is a bit difficult with this many people, as they tend to "line up" after awhile, so you may have to "rush through" the process a little. This gives you a really good reason for those morning after calls!!

One last thing...ask the hostess for help in securing bookings. Having her help you with that is a big help, to be sure all the "bases" are covered.

Good luck with your show!!

I would absolutely do the Queen of Shoppers game..it will keep everyone focused on your agenda...Bring a dessert recipe already done and maybe ask your host to have something there that you could pour one of our sauces over...great extra sell item!

Talk about the items as they find them and keep your presentation short and sweet! Use the Spring Fling mentality and let your catalog work for you! Good luck, I am sure you (and they) will have a great time!!!

As far as getting bookings, enlist the help of your host! Check out this thread for a fun idea on that: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/who-doesnt-want-get-leid-pc-party-right-67840/I vote for the Queen of the Shoppers game too. I used a SB this weekend, but for a big group to keep them engaged, I might do a mini-spatula or something $2-4 in value. Then I had a basket of recipe cards and EVERYONE got a recipe card for playing. :)
It was a fun easy way to introduce the new products AND the version I used had you search for the Host Benefits page and the Business page....so I could touch on those then too. It brought attention to alot of products that I forgot or did not bring with me. If I had this "problem", I'd probably have a recipe that is pre-made...or quick. The Mango Confetti Salsa serves a lot. Make a batch at home, and then make one at the show (have host get the ingredients for one batch that you do at show, plus chips). You can get a couple of volunteers to help. I set up stations with the cutting mats we have now, and one could prep the peppers, one did the jicama, one does the mango. I did the jalapeno. And do a chocolate lava cake in the DCB! Have the cake made up and in the baker, or have your host make it up and in a bowl ready to put in the baker, then plop the icing in the baker, and cook it while you make the batch of salsa. You're not a caterer- but they'll get a good sampling. The salsa recipe shows off alot of the best new products, and the baker for the cake. You don't have to pack a lot of heavy products either! Take only what you need for the recipe (http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/pack-less-carry-more-67679/) It will save you alot of time- which you'll need, if you are dealing with that many orders hopefully! ;)Good luck! Here is the game I used:

Last edited:
I have never done the Queen of Shoppers game but it sounds like fun...I have a party Friday at a coffee shop and hope to have a good crowd...So this game may be a good way to keep everyone interested...Thanks

You could double the recipe by prepping one in advance and keeping it warm in the oven and then demoing the second batch. I'd talk with the host ahead of time to see if she could ask a couple friends to be helpers so you don't have to do it on the fly (and reward them, of course!)

Thanks everyone for your replies! I think I'm going to use this format:

Have fajitas & salsa made ahead of time. Do a quick demo making guacamole. Talk about DCB & make lava cake (cook while everyone is eating the fajitas)

I'll hand out door prize tickets for various things:
Bringing a friend
Demonstrating a product during guacamole prep
Asking questions during my "Ask About the Business" Q&A
Might also give out tickets for "Got it, love it" - let them sell the products :)

I'm going to do the "lei" challenge that someone suggested. I've already talked with my host, and she is excited for it! I'm interested to see how it goes - I told her 3 shows will get her $25 when we close the 3rd show & 5 shows will get her $50 when we close the 5th show. We shall see :)

I'm pretty excited about the party - a little nervous, but excited for the possibilities :)

Thanks again everyone!

the guacamole I make is, avocados, lemon/lime juice and salsa (usually fresh so make the MFP salsa and put some in the avocado mix) mixed to taste.

So the show went great! $1300 & 4 solid bookings when I walked out the door. We are closing on Monday, so we will see if it ends up any higher :) Plus 2 recruiting leads!

The leis worked great - I think it really helped for a big show like that, since I didn't have as much interaction with individual guests to get a feel for who might be interested in hosting.

Also, I gave out door prize tickets for:
Bringing a guest & "being" the guest
"Got it, love it"
Demo-ing a tool
Asking a question during my "ask about my business Q&A" (earned 2 tix)
Reading the booking slide...with enthusiasm! (earned 2 tix)
being my ticket person (earned 3 tix)

I started out by saying, "Everyone is going home with a prize, but some will go home with better prizes than others. The only way to guarantee you go home with the best prize is to have the most tickets at the end of the night". I had a handful of nicer prizes (mini serving spatula, prep bowl filled with candy, mini-whipper, quickut knive, iSlice) and then I had enough old Season's Best so that everyone could have something (the ones on supply order 10 for $2.25). I'm amazed at the power of a prize - even one that only cost my $0.225! People love to think that they "won" something & they love to go home with something in hand :)

My host was a great sport about the leis - she had fun handing them out. And, one thing I loved about it was during checkout, I didn't have to come up with 20 different ways to say "would you like to host a party". Instead, if they didn't have a lei, I would just say something to the effect of "Were you interested in one of our leis tonight?" It seemed to take the pressure/awkwardness away.

For the food: I prepped the salsa at home & had the fajitas assembled ahead of time & put them in the micro to cook when I started my presentation. We just demo-ed the guacamole (I'll post that in the next post).

Thanks again everyone for all the great tips!

Guacamole

5 avocados
1 small white onion
1 small jalapeno
1 cup loosely-packed cilantro
2 cloves garlic
2 roma tomatoes
1 lime
1 Tbsp Southwest Seasoning
1 tsp salt

Using Avocado Peeler ($6.50), cut, de-seed & peel avocados. Place avocados into 4-qt Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl ($84.50).

Wedge onion using Veggie Wedger ($18.00). Place onion wedges into Manual Food Processor (MFP) ($49.00).

On the Large Grooved Cutting Board ($30.00), cut stem of off jalapeno & slice lengthwise using 5” Santoku Forged Cutlery Knife ($50.00). Using the Core & More ($11.00), remove seeds from jalapeno.

Use the Food Chopper ($31.00) to finely chop the jalapeno. Add jalapeno & cilantro to the MFP.

Use the Garlic Press ($16.50) to press 1 clove of garlic into the MFP. Use the Garlic Peeler ($7.25) to peel 1 clove of garlic & then slice into the MFP, using the Garlic Slicer ($14.50). Pump MFP handle several times to dice onions, jalapeno, cilantro & garlic.

Using Core ‘n More, remove stems from tomatoes. Slice tomatoes lengthwise using the 5” Santoku Forged Cutlery Knife. De-seed tomatoes with the Core ‘n More. Chop tomato halves into quarters. Lift into MFP using the Handy Scrapers ($13.00 – for 2).

Pump MFP handle several times until tomatoes have reached desired consistency. Empty contents into the 4-qt Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, using Mini-Mix n Scrape ($9.50).

Cut lime in half, using 5” Santoku Forged Cutlery Knife. Juice directly into 4-qt Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, using the Citrus Press ($18.50).

Use Adjustable Measuring Spoon ($8.00) to add 1 Tbsp of Southwest Seasoning ($6.00) to bowl. Add salt.

Use Mix ‘n Chop ($10.50) to combine all ingredients until guacamole has reached desired consistency.

Serve in Small Bamboo Bowl ($25.00).

Total Product Value: $397.75

1. How much food should I prepare for 27 guests?

For a dinner party, it is recommended to prepare 1.5 pounds of food per person, which would equate to about 40.5 pounds of food for 27 guests. However, this amount can vary depending on the type of event and the types of dishes being served. It is best to consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for specific recommendations.

2. How many servings will a Pampered Chef product make?

The number of servings a Pampered Chef product will make can vary depending on the product and the recipe being used. It is important to read the product description and instructions carefully to determine the serving size. Additionally, a Pampered Chef consultant can provide more information about specific products and recipes.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products for large events?

Yes, Pampered Chef products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier, even for large events. Many of our products are specifically designed for serving a large number of guests, such as our large serving platters and cookware. It is important to read the product descriptions and recommendations for use to ensure the best results.

4. How can I ensure all 27 guests are served at the same time?

Pampered Chef products, such as our cookware and serving pieces, are designed to keep food warm and fresh for longer periods of time. Additionally, planning and organizing the meal ahead of time can help ensure that all guests are served at the same time. Our consultants can also provide tips and tricks for serving large groups efficiently.

5. What are some easy recipes to make for 27 guests using Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a wide variety of recipes for all types of events and occasions, including large gatherings. Some easy and delicious options for 27 guests include our Classic Lasagna, One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta, and BBQ Chicken Sliders. Our consultants can also provide personalized recommendations based on dietary restrictions and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KivaSlade
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
patty42240
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Becky0216
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies