• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Phd Matches: Name Discrepancy in Online Orders - Expert Insight

In summary, when a previous host orders on-line and types in her discount number, software does not accept it if the name isn't exactly the same as when she held her show. If just the number is sufficient, what would stop a past host from "sharing" her number with friends ordering on-line?
legacypc46
Gold Member
When a previous host orders on-line and types in her discount number, does the software not accept it if the name isn't exactly the same as when she held her show? Any of you more experienced folks know the answer on this?
(For example, a host's show was submitted as Angela Smith, but she's ordering as Angie Smith)

legacypc46 said:
When a previous host orders on-line and types in her discount number, does the software not accept it if the name isn't exactly the same as when she held her show? Any of you more experienced folks know the answer on this?
(For example, a host's show was submitted as Angela Smith, but she's ordering as Angie Smith)

I'm pretty sure that it has to match exactly.

It shouldn't have to match exactly. I misspelled a host's name and called HO to see if there was anything I could do, they said that as long as she knows her PHD, I couldn't change anything after the show was submitted. I just had to tell her that I screwed up in case another consultant tries to look it up.

Sorry I mis-read, if the host already has her number then it should be fine. I was thinking the question was about looking on line for a host number and not having the name spelled correctly.

If just the number is sufficient, what would stop a past host from "sharing" her number with friends ordering on-line? That scenario isn't what prompted the question...one of my fellow team members has had two hosts last week order on-line, but their valid PHD numbers wouldn't take.
(I was going to call tech support....but then I saw the post about wait times!)

I accidently submitted an order with AB1234 as a PHD before and it went through fine. I think it's sort of like how HO expects us to be honest but may "audit" us from time to time, I bet they do the same with hosts. Or they are just on the honor system.

legacypc46 said:
If just the number is sufficient, what would stop a past host from "sharing" her number with friends ordering on-line?

Good question. I had never thought of that before.

I know when I have looked up numbers before the name has be done exactly as the show or I cannot find the number. Don't know if it makes a difference when placing an order though.

Yes, as long as the # is correct you should be good...suppose you get married (or divorced) and change your name. I've had 3 bridal showers and had no problem giving the brides their discount under their new names.

I have had hosts that got married and as long as they (or you) know their # or maiden name, it has went through just fine.

One time I had a guest give me her married name and I tried to look it up and it wouldn't come up. I knew she had just had a bridal shower with another consultant, so I called her and she told me it was in her maiden name.

Related to Phd Matches: Name Discrepancy in Online Orders - Expert Insight

1. What is "Phd Matches: Name Discrepancy in Online Orders"?

"Phd Matches" is a feature offered by Pampered Chef to help match customer orders with their correct consultant. It is designed to catch any discrepancies between the name on the order and the name of the consultant, ensuring that orders are delivered to the correct person.

2. Why is it important to have accurate names on online orders?

Having accurate names on online orders is crucial for ensuring that orders are delivered to the correct person. This helps prevent any mix-ups or delays in receiving orders, which can negatively impact both the customer and the consultant's business.

3. How does the "Phd Matches" feature work?

When a customer places an online order, the system will check for any discrepancies between the name on the order and the name of the consultant. If there is a match, the order will be automatically assigned to that consultant. If there is a discrepancy, the system will prompt the customer to confirm the consultant's name before proceeding with the order.

4. Can I opt out of using the "Phd Matches" feature?

Yes, you can choose to opt out of using the "Phd Matches" feature by updating your consultant preferences in your back office. However, we highly recommend using this feature to ensure accurate and timely delivery of orders.

5. What should I do if I notice a discrepancy in my name on an online order?

If you notice a discrepancy in your name on an online order, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to help you resolve the issue and ensure that your order is delivered to the correct person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • RoseAndrews