• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Paul Harvey: A Fond Remembrance

In summary, the conversation revolves around the recent passing of radio personality Paul Harvey. Many of the participants have fond memories of listening to him and his iconic catchphrases, such as "Good Day" and "Now you know the rest of the story." Paul Harvey had a long and successful career in radio, with his wife as his business partner. Some of the participants also discuss the difficulties of following in a parent's footsteps, as Paul Harvey Jr. did. Many express their sadness over his death and hope that his son will continue the radio program.
pampchefrhondab
I don't know how many of you have ever heard Paul Harvey on the radio, but I can't believe he died today.

My Father always listened to Paul Harvey while I was growing up - which is very funny since my dad is a democrat and Paul Harvey was a big conservative (LOL). Although I do remember my Dad talking back to him many times:)!

My Dad worked two jobs when I was little. One was a part-time janitorial job which I helped him with every day after school. I was suppose to earn a weekly income for helping, but that never seemed to happen. It taught me to be a hard worker today and I have fond memories of being with my Dad. This was when we would listen to the radio. Not only was Paul Harvey on, but they would have stories on at Christmas time. I remember hearing "The Little Match Girl" for the first time this way.

Well enough of my memories - I'm sure I'm boring you. But it's just kinda sad for me that Paul Harvey has passed. It felt like I wasnt' getting that old and time wasn't really passing by so quickly when I would hear Mr. Harvey on the radio.

and now you know the rest of the story....

Oh I am so sad. Paul Harvey is an American icon (not idol, LOL) and now he's gone.

I have soo many memories of listening to him give us the rest of the story. For me it was always a HUGE surprise, mostly because I was too busy flirting during history class to pay attention.

I guess I thought he would live forever.

Paul Harvey...Good DAY!

Rhonda
I, too, grew up listening to Paul Harvey, and like you, I worked 2 years with my dad in big ole' empty houses hanging plaster board all day. I would stand on a scaffol with my arms above my head holding up that plaster board...Most times it was just dad and I...and right at noon we would take our lunch break and sit and listen to Paul Harvey on the little radio my dad would bring along...oh what wonderful memories...my dad is now 78 years old and tomorrow I turn 47...doesn't seem quite possible!!! And now we no longer have Paul Harvey...I learned sooo much from his stories...it helped me make it through the rest of the day...
hugs to Paul...and Now you know the rest of the story
karlene

Karlene,
It's nice to know others know how I feel. My Dad is 72 and I'm 43. So close to the same age as you and your Dad. It is nice to have the fond memories even though we were working. I learned so much from my Dad during this time, and I am so happy he made me work.

How sad! How old was he?

I, too, listened to Paul Harvey. My Step-Dad used to listen to him, and that's how I got started. He was an amazing person. I am sorry that he's gone.

I too listened with my Dad... very sad that he passeed away, he will be missed..:(

He was a fascinating man. He started out as a janitor at a radio station in his teens. His career spanned 70 years. His wife, whom he always referred to as Angel on the air, passed away last year. She was his business partner and the first producer ever inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame. I don't think of him with the final Good DAY! I think of him as simply going to Page TWO!

http://www.abcrn.com/harvey/statements_page.jpgOne of the people "filling in" for Paul Harvey was Paul Aurandt, who started going by the name Paul Harvey, Jr. a few years ago. It's tough to follow in your father's footsteps when you're retirement age yourself.(Paul Harvey Aurandt was Paul Harvey's real name. When he published his book, The Rest of the Story about 25 years ago, it was credited as Paul Harvey with Paul Aurandt. It was about that time I found out Aurandt was his family name and Paul Aurandt of the book credit was Paul Harvey, Jr.)We lost the outlet here for Paul Harvey News a couple of years ago when WISN dumped the ABC Network to join Fox. For awhile, WTMJ picked up the broadcasts but they weren't really an ABC affiliate and dropped them not long afterward. The closest outlet to Milwaukee for Paul Harvey News was a small station in southeastern Wisconsin that I could hardly pick up in my car. I will miss him - and I hope Paul, Jr. will continue the radio program."Laura and I are saddened by the death of Paul Harvey. Paul was a friendly and familiar voice in the lives of millions of Americans. His commentary entertained, enlightened, and informed. Laura and I are pleased to have known this fine man, and our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

- Former President George W. Bush

Thanks for the info KG.

1. Who was Paul Harvey?

Paul Harvey was a radio broadcaster and commentator who became a household name in the United States during his 70-year career. He was known for his unique delivery style and his popular segment "The Rest of the Story."

2. When did Paul Harvey pass away?

Paul Harvey passed away on February 28, 2009 at the age of 90.

3. What was the inspiration behind "A Fond Remembrance"?

"A Fond Remembrance" was created as a tribute to Paul Harvey after his passing. It features stories and memories from those who knew him best, as well as highlights from his iconic career.

4. Can I purchase "A Fond Remembrance" through Pampered Chef?

No, "A Fond Remembrance" is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It was produced by the Paul Harvey Archives and can be purchased through their website.

5. Is "A Fond Remembrance" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "A Fond Remembrance" is suitable for all ages. It contains family-friendly content and serves as a tribute to the life and legacy of Paul Harvey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
Replies
Views
raebates