• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can you offer prayers and support for my father's health crisis?

In summary, Heather's father has a brain aneurism and the doctor that diagnosed it won't do the surgery because of the risks. Heather is the oldest and has to be strong for her parents and siblings, but she's also having a hard time. Her mother called her last night and said that they are going to get a second opinion on Thursday.
heather223
Gold Member
I don't often ask for support or prayers but right now I need some. I learned late yesterday that my dad has a brain aneurism (They are 99% sure, but we have to get a second opinion.) The doctor that diagonsed it won't do the surgery because he feels that it is too risky. My parents now have to find a new doctor.

Both of my parents are having trouble keeping it together. My mom said my dad didn't sleep last night and has to go to work today so they have money to pay their bills. I worry about him going to work as he is a machinist and passed out there a few weeks ago. I am the oldest child so I have to be strong for my parents and sibilings, but even I am having a hard time with this. He hasn't been in good health for quite some time and I knew that things were getting bad, but I never thought it was this bad.

Heather, I am so sorry that you and your family are dealing with this!

I pray that God leads your parents to a great second doctor, and that everything (physically and financially) works out for the best. It's hard being the oldest (I am too!) but remember that you DON'T have to be the strong one for everyone. Take time for yourself about this too!

Heather,
I'm so sorry to hear that. I can imagine how worried you are. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

You can count on my prayers.

Sending prayers your way, Heather. I hope everything works out.

I am so sorry Heather. Your family will be in my prayers.

Heather I am sorry that you are going through this right now. I, too, am the oldest and you mustn't take all the responsibility upon yourself even though that is what we usually do. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Praying for your family!

I said a special prayer for your family this morning. I am the oldest child too and it is tough. I pray for complete healing and comfort and strength for you and your family.

Prayers going out to you and your family during this very trying time!

Heather my main friend...

I'm so sorry about this news!!! I understand how you feel about being strong due to being the eldest- I feel that same burden when faced with a crisis...(mostly because I'm the only one besides my husband that can handle a crisis, but that's another story)

I will certainly pray for your father and mother. I pray that God will send out His messenger angels to bring forth a wonderful new doctor for your parents and that the money needed to pay the bills will come without your dad having to further risk his health or life by going to work.

Prayers for strength, grace, healing, wisdom, and peace are coming your way!!!

Try to have a happy 4th, and now that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us posted- HUGS!!!!!

Heather, Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers your way.

Thank you everyone. My mom called me last night and said that they are going Thursday to get a second opinion. I still am worried that this doctor will say the surgery is too risky as well. He has heart issues, diabetes, and is on medication for seizures. 27 years ago (at the same time I was born) he was working as an auto mechanic and a car that he was working on fell on his head. It was just within the last 10 years that he started having seizures from it. He can't get Worker's Comp to cover any of the medical bills becuase it was past the statue of limiatations.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

Heather,
I'm so sorry. I hope that he can get to a good doctor for the second opinion. Prayers said for y'all!
God bless,
Amanda

Praying for Dad, you and the rest of the family ~

Just wanted to update everyone... My dad went and got the second opinion yesterday. He has surgery scheduled for August 25th provided that an infection he has is gone and that he passes all pre surgery testing. This surgery is to fix a hole in a bone in one of his ears. My mom misunderstood the first doctor he was telling her that if this hole didn't get fixed it would lead to an aneruism. So good news is he doesn't have an aneurism, but still needs surgery that is still risky becuase he isn't in good health.

Again, thanks for all the support. This is such a touching group of women!

Hi Heather, I just saw this today~glad to hear that things are not as bad as they originally seemed! I will keep you all in my prayers!

I too just saw this thread. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope all goes well with your father's surgery.

chefmeg said:
Hi Heather, I just saw this today~glad to hear that things are not as bad as they originally seemed! I will keep you all in my prayers!

Heather, I second what Meg said! Keep us updated!

1. How can I request prayers and support from the Pampered Chef community?

To request prayers and support from the Pampered Chef community, you can reach out to our customer service team through our website or social media channels. You can also join our online community group specifically for prayer requests and support.

2. Can I submit a prayer request on behalf of someone else?

Yes, we welcome prayer requests for anyone in need of support, whether it is for yourself or a loved one. Please provide as much information as possible so our community can effectively pray for the specific need.

3. How does the Pampered Chef community provide support for those in need of prayers?

Our community is built on a strong foundation of support and kindness. When a prayer request is submitted, our community members come together to offer words of encouragement, share personal experiences and offer support through thoughts and prayers.

4. Is there a limit to how many prayer requests I can submit?

No, there is no limit to how many prayer requests you can submit. We encourage our community members to share their needs and support one another through difficult times.

5. Are there any specific religious beliefs or practices required to participate in the prayer and support community?

No, the Pampered Chef community is open to all individuals, regardless of their religious beliefs or practices. We believe in the power of coming together in support and kindness, regardless of our differences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
raebates
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa