• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Switch that Went Awry: A Lesson in Rescheduling

In summary, the party switch that went awry caused the jewelry consultant to miss her show date, and the party host to repent for not being more motivated to help her make her show a success. They are both looking to reschedule for a later date.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
(or "the party switch that went awry ...")

OK, last week came and I found myself with a full calendar. I had six calendars, and was uncertain where I would fit in another show or craft fair. I was pretty overwhelmed, and stopped making contacts while I managed the shows I already had.

One of them was a Nov. 2 show that is 76 miles from my house. It was part of a party switch with a jewelry consultant, which I frankly was not happy with. I used to SELL jewelry, and there is a reason I don't do it any more.

The Jewelry party is Nov. 7 ... I still have not gotten an invitation or an e-mail.

The jewelry consultant called today ... her son is having surgery the day before her show. So she wants to reschedule for Nov. 16. And since I don't have 7 to 10 people already clamoring to be there ... she talked about the possibility of making them BOTH catalog shows.

I think I just may take her up on that ...

All I could think is a) it's pretty convenient that she has now turned this around to make her party come before mine and b) if I had double-booked this date, I wouldn't have an opening on my calendar!

So ... I hereby repent! I will return to making daily contacts and book my calendar solid!

One more reason to NOT do the party switch..I'd do both as catty shows, and then if anything comes out of either, then fine, if not, then don't get your hopes up! At least you don't have to drive 76 miles!

Just say no...LOL

Well, I guess I'd be more motivated about this if SHE was more motivated to help me make MY jewelry show a success! She hasn't sent me a single e-mail, let alone an invitation in the mail.

Without these tools, how on earth am I supposed to find out who is going?

She is concerned about canceling at the last minute ... of course, I wouldn't do that ... but at least put the invites in my hands and let me get them to people!

Also, there has been a bit of manipulation about whose show goes first ... I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd think she was lying!

The thing is ... I just keep thinking that if I had been working my business for the last week instead of resting on my laurels ... I would have a replacement booking by this time.

Can I ask why you didn't like selling jewelry? I have a friend who sells and is trying to get me to switch.

In a word ... I just didn't have people in my life who would support it.

Everybody eats ... but not everybody wears jewelry! Also, people will gladly drop $50 to $100 to invest into their families and make cooking more fun ... but those same people won't invest the same amount into a necklace that just sits there and looks pretty!

I've sold more in my one year with Pampered Chef than I did in my three-year jewelry-selling career!

In short, you have to do what works for you.

I don't wear jewelry but my friend keeps talking up this company. I would easily spend money on stoneware, not on jewelry. Thanks!

Well ... I did talk to a few people and I do have four potential guests who all want to see the jewelry ... however, I am not sure I can get to their show minimum.However, this is what I'm going to do:* Still do both shows live
* Let the consultant know in advance that I have some guests who are coming, and others who just want to see the book, and suggest that we close the jewelry show on the 16th when I'm there to do her show.That gives me 2 weeks to get outside orders ... and if they're not enough to meet their show minimum, so be it.Oh, and about the jewelry ... I know that every jewelry company gives hosts a lot of "free product credit" and a really great discount for consultants. However ... that tells you that they have a HUGE mark-up. So the hosts and customers don't get value for their money!Just tell her that jewelry is not a good fit for you ... and you are glad she's doing what she wants to, and you hope she feels the same about your business.

1. What is a "party switch" and why would it go awry?

A "party switch" is when a hostess for a Pampered Chef party decides to switch the date of their party. This can go awry if the hostess does not communicate the change effectively or if the guests are unable to attend the new date.

2. How does rescheduling a party affect the hostess?

Rescheduling a party can be stressful for the hostess, as they have put time and effort into planning the original date. They may also worry about disappointing their guests or losing attendance.

3. What is the best way to handle a party switch that went awry?

The best way to handle a party switch is to communicate clearly and promptly with the hostess and guests. Offer to help the hostess find a new date that works for everyone and provide resources and support to ensure a successful party.

4. How can Pampered Chef consultants prevent a party switch from going awry?

Pampered Chef consultants can prevent a party switch from going awry by setting clear expectations with the hostess from the beginning. This includes discussing the importance of effective communication, providing a backup plan in case of a switch, and offering resources for rescheduling.

5. What should I do if I am unable to attend a rescheduled party as a guest?

If you are unable to attend a rescheduled party, it is important to communicate this to the hostess and consultant as soon as possible. They may be able to offer alternative options, such as attending a different party or ordering through the consultant directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
angel7581
Replies