• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

H&G Party: New Way to Get Bookings?

In summary, the consultant at a H&G party played a game with fake money where guests could earn money for various actions. At the end of the party, she offered guests the chance to pick an envelope with different rewards inside, including the obligation to host a party. This tactic has been successful for the consultant in getting bookings, but some guests may feel pressured or uncomfortable with the obligation. Other consultants have also used similar games with success, but it is important to be clear and not force anyone to host a party against their will.
Swirl
I just came from a H&G party and the consultant played a game where she had fake money and for every question you asked you got some, for showing up, for being to one before and so on. At the end of the party she said the money was for an auction she was going to hold for 3 diffrent items, she then pulls out these brightly colored envelopes and said we could pick one if we wanted to or pass on them. She then told us inside the envelopes were diffrent things like auction money or free gift or "Let's Pary" wrote on them and if they had "Let's Party" on them you were obligated to have a party *but note you had the choice to pick an envelope or not. She told me she has had such success with this and getting bookings it was unreal. Has anyone heard of this before?

Of course being the sucker and gambler I am I just had to pick an envelope, and I will be holding a party in Nov. So it did work at this party, there were 7 guest and she got 4 partys booked from this show. Pretty good!

I have heard of this before, but I don't really like obligating someone to have a party whether or not they knew that going in. I think it might discourage someone who was interested in booking, if everyone else books because of this game.

did she ask for other bookings or just go for what the game got for her? did she do any thing for recruiting during her show?

She did ask during the show while explaining what the host could get if she had just 2 bookings (which I don't care for, I think it puts pressure on the friends of the host). She has a little spill about her job and how easy it is to do for recruiting. I've know her for a short while but she is very very successful with her buisness. I think with knowing of the possiblility that you would have to host a show by drawing a envelope the person was already thinking about doing a party anyways.
I may try this at one of my shows just to see how well it goes over. I would love to know if any cheffers have tried this before. Even the fake money auction?

I have heard of the fake money auction, but they auction off little products with the money. The one who had the most money gets the nest chance.

I too was at a home party recently where they did a hidden prize game, and at least one was "FREE party" which meant you were obligated to have a party (at least that's how understood it). I think along with that was free items, dollars off, etc. Anyway, of the 9 or 10 guests there, not a single one took the chance because I'm not sure anyone wanted to host a party (seemed most were veterans of the product).

Seems the whole plan could really work against you too. I know I wouldn't want to be "required" to have a show. But, maybe it's how she presents it, and I would think if you REALLY didn't want to have a show, you probably could get out of it.

Tanya

Iwouldn't want to be required to host a party like that. I would be theone who polietly declines the hostess.

As far as the pc auction dollars go; Here no need to reinvent the wheel, something I actually made not borrowed.

I think saying you have to book a show comes off as pushy to me.

when a play certain games I use envelopes similar to this, free shipping, door prize, free cooking shows, I don't force them but when the open their envelope I say what you have own is a free night out with your friends, I will come to your house and make a delicous dessert. All you have to do is fill out your guest list. Most of them book but I don't say you have to.

http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=835&d=1124914286

Last edited:
I have a little perspective on this.....
I went to a seminar at the beginning of the year with Karen Phelps (check out her site http://www.karenphelps.com/ ) A popular speaker for those in Dir. Sales. She really promotes the "envelope game" similar to described below but no auction.
I personally did this game from Jan thru August and it did help my bookings. I never Forced anyone to have a show but you have to be very clear. They are taking a chance. If they know that they do not want to host then they should not pick an envelope! If they get an envelope that says book a show they are making a commitment to me. If they picked and had to book but were hesitant I would explore why... sometimes I did let them off the hook (but they got no prize) after all who want's a host that is resistant and bitter. I did book alot of people who are on the fence which is exactly who this method is geared to. This does not replace talking about all the great host benefits durring your presentation.

The great thing about direct sales is we can do what works best for us! If it makes you feel uncomfortable don't do it...

That's my $.02

:D

I had never heard about the envelope game before intersting, but I have heard about the action dollars before from Belinda Elsworth she talks about that in her step into success cd's and she also says that if you don't want to spend extra money on auction items then you can do ticket give away and give only one person a prize for the most tickets.

I have a friend who does H&G shows.
She passes out a tray w/ boxes on it, inside the boxes are either prizes or "free show", "free shipping", "show", etc.
Well she has a really good turnout at her shows.
She is VERY clear that if they take a box and it says "Show", etc, then they do have to book a show.
Now she also does the game described in the original post, but uses tickets, and does give chances to the customers to get free stuff.
It's a great way to get your business knowledge and what you do out, instead of going off of scripts.

1. How does the H&G Party work?

The H&G Party is a new way for you to get bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant. It involves hosting a virtual party on social media, where you showcase and demonstrate our products to your friends and family.

2. Do I need to have any experience to host an H&G Party?

No experience is necessary to host an H&G Party. Our team will provide you with all the necessary training and materials to help you successfully host the party and get bookings for future parties.

3. How long does an H&G Party last?

An H&G Party typically lasts for about 1-2 hours, depending on the engagement and participation of your guests. However, you can customize the length of the party to fit your schedule and your guests' availability.

4. Can I earn rewards for hosting an H&G Party?

Yes, as a host of an H&G Party, you can earn host rewards based on the total sales of your party. These rewards can be used towards purchasing Pampered Chef products or as credit towards your next order.

5. How do I get started with hosting an H&G Party?

To get started, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to our customer service team. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to host a successful H&G Party and start getting bookings for future parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • wadesgirl