• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Vs. Part Time Jobs

In summary, the conversation revolved around receiving flyers from NJR and the decision to not share them publicly without express permission. The flyers were made on red paper and included in guest packets, resulting in a lead being generated. The reason for not sharing the flyers was due to respecting the leader's wishes and not wanting to cause any issues with HO. The conversation also touched on the topic of ethical recruiting and promoting commissions as hourly wages. Ultimately, the flyers were seen as a useful tool for explaining the potential of the business.
chefkathy
I have these two flyers I got from NJR. She usually asks that we don't share her info, so I am putting them Behind the Apron for now.

I made copies of this (2 sided) on bright red paper and put it in every guest packet with the Your Life Your Way Brochure. Comparing PC to a part time job got me a lead Friday night. We talked tonight and she said she thinks she will do this.

Hope this helps!

you are the BEST!!

Why doesn't she want to share her info?

That is BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you for sharing :)

cmdtrgd said:

Not sure, but some of her emails in the past have said "for the NJR downline only" which I understand is probably 75% of PC, but I respect my leader and do as she asks.

I was not given express permission to share these, hence they are Behind the Apron.

DebbieJ said:
Not sure, but some of her emails in the past have said "for the NJR downline only" which I understand is probably 75% of PC, but I respect my leader and do as she asks.

I was not given express permission to share these, hence they are Behind the Apron.

I understand and respect her wishes on these things but I'm not sure of the exact lineage but I was told that above my NED is Darla Oelman and NJR. So...I if that's so I am in the downline too and I never get anything from her or Darla. My NED COULD pass them down but she (and my Exec - noone else between) don't. - well, they do rarely send something from Darla.

There is someone "unknown" - don't know her level - on my check above the NED so maybe she's the one who doesn't share.;)

I do appreciate the info. Thanks for sharing.

cmdtrgd said:

I'm not sure if this is NJR's case or not but a few things happen:

1. a consultant doesn't change the contact info and people go to the person who made the original
2. changes are made from the original document and changed and changed and changed and then it becomes anything but the original
3. changes are made and consultants pass them off as their own, not giving proper credit to the person who originally made it.
4. ** It's NOT approved by HO. Some consultants (newer ones) sometimes cannot make the distinction between a home-made flyer and one from HO and if the creator offers something special, the consultant may not understand that they are personally responsible for it (like paying for a free product)
5. ** Since it didn't come from HO, it can give the impression that we need to be making stuff like this on our own... personally, I LOVE it and plan to use it at my host appreciation this week!

Thanks for sharing DEB!!!!! :D

They are great and thanks for sharing - but....one of the things that they talked to us about at NDA was ethical recruiting. One of the things that they stressed to us was not to promote our commission as an hourly wage. I know that NJR's flyers do not say this is an hourly wage, but they do make a comparison to hourly wages. We can make the comparisons, just have to be sure not to say that we make a certain amount hourly. Just have to be sure that anyone we share this with understands the difference. I hope that makes sense.

pamperedlinda said:
They are great and thanks for sharing - but....one of the things that they talked to us about at NDA was ethical recruiting. One of the things that they stressed to us was not to promote our commission as an hourly wage. I know that NJR's flyers do not say this is an hourly wage, but they do make a comparison to hourly wages. We can make the comparisons, just have to be sure not to say that we make a certain amount hourly. Just have to be sure that anyone we share this with understands the difference. I hope that makes sense.

I know Linda, and that's another reason why this is behind the apron. I trust you Directors to use this in the manner in which it was intended. :)

Absolutely Deb. I guess since they expressed this at NDA that there must be an issue in the field with some consultants taking it out of context. It's a great visual to use when explaining what you can do with your business.

pamperedlinda said:

I was just going to make this point. We do have to be careful who we share this kind of comparison with and how we do it. Some people ASK what we make per hour and this is a good visual on what it would be if our pay scale was done by the hour. The big thing is we need to be sure they know it all depends on what our actual sales are.

Also, I am a big one at using only what HO provides for us and not making other flyers. I used to use a ton of home-made flyers but no more. HO provides professional flyers with all the info that's needed and the cost is actually less then the cost of printing and copying my own - AND my time can be used for other things.

That being said, these docs will be helpful with those that need to see a comparison of sorts to make their decision.

I'll add onto what Linda said... The DSA is cracking down on DS companies blurring things. I know as PC consultants we have the utmost integrity and are very upfront about everything... heck, we don't have anything to hide!!!! (One of the things I LOVE about PC!)But they are cracking down. Last spring, my liasophia friend was telling me that they got in trouble from a gov agency, not just their HO, for advertising a 'free kit' which basically was consultants offering a rebate on a kit after 4 shows are submitted (trusting they earn the price of kit in commission... and they consultant buys the kit up-front and the recruiter gives her her own money back after each show).There is so much gov regulation now over the DS industry because of the unethical things other companies have done. HO is just protecting us.

One of the things that I compare is my monthly commission check to an hourly wage job. Example: My commission on my first month as a consultant (Nov '05) was $644.57 which equals 109 hours at $5.85 minimum wage. And my first check as a FD was $1340.20 = 229 hours min wage.

Didn't min wage just go up? I need to adjust these for that.

Anyhow, that's how I compare to hourly. b/c I darn sure didn't work that many hours to earn my commission.

I also show them the statements so that they can see how many shows I did and what I earned on each one.

I compare to what they would earn a week... So if they do one show a week, it's around $100. If they work PT 20 hrs at 5.85 that's $117 before taxes are taken out.So I'll show my commission statements and say, "I worked 3 nights this month and earned xxx and this month I worked 5 nights and earned xxx".

bethcooks4u said:
Also, I am a big one at using only what HO provides for us and not making other flyers. I used to use a ton of home-made flyers but no more. HO provides professional flyers with all the info that's needed and the cost is actually less then the cost of printing and copying my own

I switched to home-made flyers because of the high cost of printing the host and guest special flyers HO provides. The ones I use consolidate the monthly specials. I make between 8 and 20 (rarely) host packets a month and couldn't justify printing the single page (and sometimes double page) HO flyers. I also include the specials flyer in my guest folders. Just my thoughts on this.

legacypc46 said:
I switched to home-made flyers because of the high cost of printing the host and guest special flyers HO provides. The ones I use consolidate the monthly specials. I make between 8 and 20 (rarely) host packets a month and couldn't justify printing the single page (and sometimes double page) HO flyers. I also include the specials flyer in my guest folders. Just my thoughts on this.

I have a cluster mate that got all of Sept (host and guest specials) on one page. Seriously cuts down on paper and ink expense.

Actually I'm talking about the different things we can buy like the host program flyer and recruiting brochures.

As far as the host and guest flyers goes, I give each host a host flyer and several OOFs - the OOF has the guest special on it (well, in Oct they get the guest flyer too because it's not in the catalog). I just give them one copy of the back page of the OOF and tell them that if there are any questions about warranties or if anyone wants direct shipping that info is there.

Related to Pampered Chef Vs. Part Time Jobs

What is the difference between working for Pampered Chef and having a part-time job?

Working for Pampered Chef offers a unique opportunity to not only earn extra income, but also to build a business and create a flexible schedule. Unlike a traditional part-time job, Pampered Chef consultants have the freedom to choose their own hours and work from home.

Do I need any experience or qualifications to work for Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need any prior experience or qualifications to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Our team provides training and support to help you succeed in your business.

How much can I expect to earn working for Pampered Chef?

Your earnings as a Pampered Chef consultant will depend on your individual effort and sales. Our consultants typically earn 20-25% commission on sales, and have the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives.

What is the time commitment for working with Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the flexibility to work as much or as little as you want. Many consultants choose to work part-time, but there is no set time commitment or minimum hours required.

What support and resources are available for Pampered Chef consultants?

Our team provides ongoing support, training, and resources to help you succeed as a Pampered Chef consultant. You will have access to online training, marketing materials, and support from your team and fellow consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • schel
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jeans Garden
  • ChefKelebel