• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Full-Time, Part-Time, & Hobbyist

In summary, the question posed is about defining what is considered full-time, part-time, and hobbyist business in Pampered Chef. The context is that there is a consultant who claims to be full-time but only does one show a month and makes less than $200. Some people in the conversation believe that someone who does more than 2 shows a week consistently and actively recruits can be considered full-time, while others think that earning trips and incentives can also qualify someone as full-time. Generally, it is agreed that hobbyist consultants do 1 show every month or every other month, part-time consultants do 1 show a week, and full-time consultants do 2 shows a week consistently with regular ccc and active recruiting.
finley1991
I'm curious as to what you all think of this and am posting it in a few places to gather a number of responses...

What do you consider, in Pampered Chef, to be full-time, part-time and hobbyist business.

I'm looking for hours, # of shows or income answers.

Thanks for your help.

PS: Reason I am asking is that I have a consultant who I am forever struggling with (and so many of you here have helped me with issues with her in the past! Thank you!) who tells everyone she does this full-time... she doesn't work another job in addition to PC, collects unemployment, and does less than $200 each month and maybe 1 show a month. So I'm curious as to what your answers are to this. Thanks again for all of your help! :)

I think (hope) she means that the only job she's got is PC. I wouldn't consider her full-time. I was thinking about this for myself yesterday. I had considered myself a full-time consultant, but I don't think I qualify considering my commission.

When I think of a full-time consultant I think of Duska Mills or Shan Eisler, but I think there are people out there putting in that time, but don't have the status. Is Career Consultant an option? I think those 2 would be more Career Consultant status.

I average 6-8 parties a month. I make ccc 3-4 days a week (I know not everyday). I've started earning trips and all other incentives. So I kinda think that's full-time, but I know it is quite a bit less than what most of you do.

Hobbyist= 1 or 2 shows a month
Part-time= 1 or 2 shows a week
Full-time= 2-3 shows a week consistently

My thoughts:

Hobbyist= 1 show every month (or every other month)
Part-time= 1 show a week
Full-time= 2 shows a week consistently with ccc done on a regular basis and an active recruiter

Related to Full-Time, Part-Time, & Hobbyist

1. What is the difference between full-time, part-time, and hobbyist consultants?

Full-time consultants work with Pampered Chef as their primary source of income, while part-time consultants have another job or income source and work with Pampered Chef on the side. Hobbyist consultants work with Pampered Chef purely for fun and do not rely on it as a source of income.

2. How many hours per week do full-time and part-time consultants typically work?

Full-time consultants typically work around 40 hours per week, while part-time consultants may work anywhere from a few hours to 20 hours per week depending on their availability and goals.

3. Can I switch between full-time, part-time, and hobbyist status?

Yes, you can switch between these statuses at any time by updating your preferences in your Pampered Chef account. Keep in mind that switching to full-time status may require more commitment and time.

4. Do I need to have previous experience or knowledge in cooking or sales to become a consultant?

No, previous experience is not necessary. Pampered Chef provides training and resources to help you succeed as a consultant regardless of your background.

5. Are there any benefits or perks for being a full-time, part-time, or hobbyist consultant?

Yes, all consultants have access to discounts on Pampered Chef products, exclusive training and events, and the opportunity to earn commission and bonuses. Full-time and part-time consultants may also have access to additional benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alora Rueth
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Julie Henne
  • PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • Kari L Ferrell