• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Time Management for Busy Teams: Tips & Tricks

In summary, Jaime was worried that the depo shot would mess with her mood, but it did not. She also experienced some spotting after stopping the shot.
annew
Time Management For Team!!I'm wondering if any of you have any info on time management.....for those consultants that:
are working full-time
part-time...hobbyist
just starting out.....

I know what I do personally.....I work full-time, I have 2 kids ages 6 & 4, I do PC, I also do catering on the side, I'm the pres. of our Auxiliary & the secretary of our snowmobile club........ I know I'm not the only multi-tasker out there!!!

I keep hearing that they have no time......so any help I would appreciate :)

I suggest they get their calendar out and fill all their commitments and schedules in. Then choose when they want to do shows and then when they will have office hours for phone calls and packet making, etc. I suggest 15 minutes of lunch hour, nap time... whatever fits THEIR life. I also say that if they don't have a show on one of the days they WANTED one, they need to be WORKING on getting future shows on the calendar during that time.

There is a great section on time management in the Consultant Business Guide in the first section. Maybe go over it with them...

Anyone been on this before?

Nope, but know several people that have been. I have a IUD.

I have been on the depo shot I had my first shot 6 weeks after my first son was born. I was really happy and lovey before I got it and as soon as I had the shot I felt really angry and mean. So when it was time for the next shot I started to feel calm again, and I got the shot and I was mean again. So my husband and I decided I shouldn't get another shot. I really liked the idea of not having to remember to take then pill everyday. My mom also did the depo shot and she had no problems with her mood so. I guess maybe I had just a weird emotional reaction to it.

I tried it once..about 9 years ago. Without getting to graphic....I had my friend for the WHOLE time the shot lasted! Needless to say, I went back to the pill right quick.
If DH had not undergone a vasectomy, I would have gotten an IUD.

I'm afraid to try it, frankly. I've had some bad situations with a couple different pills. I'm really leery of something sticking around that long if it causes problems.I need to make an appointment to try something new... I don't know what, but I'm at wits' end.

Well i've been on it since my DD was about 6 wks... she is now 20m.. I do notice that I have bad mood swings since i've been on it, but was dealing with it. I have since stopped getting it (was supposed to get the next shot earlier this month)...

I was just wondering what others experienced when getting off it.

No sorry Jaime, I have an IUD and still haven't figured out if I like it... :confused:

I had the Depo for a while & I was a WITCH! It was not even funny. I also tried the IUD but had severe problems with that as well. DH had the v-snip & it's been great! :) I wasn't able to take the pills or anything with horomones in them at all. Made me crazy!

Nope... if it's the same thing that used to be in Norplant, be careful. I had Norplant for a year and a half and demanded their removal! They were scary and not being able to simply stop was awful... having to convince them to remove them was just as bad. Needless to say I stay away from the chemical/hormone stuff and really have learned to enjoy DH's snippy-snip. Anyway while on Norplant the break through bleeding was just... it was like early puberty when you first get your menses and never know when it'll show up? Ugh... and the crankiness? It got real scary near the end... when they removed the tubes it was awful too... one had broken into pieces and others were embedded into my muscle, had to be cut away... I don't even think you can get it anymore for good reason! With DH's V-snip, It was hard to NOT be in control of birth control and rely on something completely out of my hands but I've gotten used to it. ;)

Just make sure if DH gets the v-snip that you get the all clear from his doc. :) There's a story of a couple in town where the husband had that done & she got pg twice more after that! He was blaming her for having an affair. :eek:

Definitely! My poor DH had to wait for the all clear AND for me to trust in it (which took longer than the all clear from the doctor LOL)... I also watched the procedure. It wasn't that I didn't trust my hubby, because I did... I just had to see for myself. Seeing in believing. LOL

Well my hubby isn't get sniped yet... we are not ready for that... we are actually thinking of trying for another baby in January when he gets home. :)

So needless to say I am off the shot (was supposed to get the next dose the beginning of last month). I have noticed some difference such as i'm not so angry all the time, still get ticked off really quick... which is not a good thing. I did'nt use to be that way so i'm assuming it is the hormones.

As for the "mother nature" part of it... i'm not sure what's going on there... for a couple weeks now i've been kinda spotting but not really. If that makes sense... i'm trying to not get to graphic:p but it's not red like blood, more brown...(sorry I know TMI).

Might just be your body trying to readjust. I know when I complained about the mood swings and depressive episodes it was recommended to me that Vitamin B-6 is very good for calming such things. I take a Vitamin B complex now whenever I'm feeling moody, stressed or feel I have PMS.

B6, eh? I'll have to give that a shot.I really need to at least take a daily vitamin. I'm so BAD at pills, which is why the Pill doesn't work well for me, not to mention the side effects I always end up with.

I take a womans vitamin every day. I will have to look in to this B6.

I had the depo years ago and I did spot a lot with it. I also kept getting vaginal infections, which I know were caused from the shot. I have never had them since. I also know a couple of friends that were on depo for years and their bodies were TOTALLY screwed up from it. One couldn't even have sex on her wedding night, she was in so much pain!

lkprescott said:
Might just be your body trying to readjust. I know when I complained about the mood swings and depressive episodes it was recommended to me that Vitamin B-6 is very good for calming such things. I take a Vitamin B complex now whenever I'm feeling moody, stressed or feel I have PMS.

yeah I took the b complex after my first baby and everytime i would get moody my husband would tell me to take my vitamins, It's funny now but it would make me mad then. By the way B vitamin turns your pee bright yellow just incase anyone was wondering :yuck:

Is this vitamin one you can just go to the store and buy? I have stopped my shot and am still waiting to see what's gonna happen so far I have not gone back to "normal". I'm hoping that my cycle hurry's up and gets fixed.. as odd as that sounds;) We are discussing trying to have another baby when he gets home in January.

JaimeQ said:
Is this vitamin one you can just go to the store and buy? I have stopped my shot and am still waiting to see what's gonna happen so far I have not gone back to "normal". I'm hoping that my cycle hurry's up and gets fixed.. as odd as that sounds;) We are discussing trying to have another baby when he gets home in January.

I bought a my vitamin b complex from a GNC, the bx and commissary on base has them I am sure that a regular grocery store should sell them. I really can't be sure I have been in Japan for 3 years now with only brief visits to our family

JaimeQ said:

Yup... you should be able to find a B complex at most drug stores OTC and even at some grocery stores.

1. How can I effectively manage my time while working with a busy team?

One way to manage your time effectively is to prioritize tasks. Make a to-do list and identify which tasks are most urgent or important. This will help you focus on the most crucial tasks first and avoid getting overwhelmed.

2. What are some tips for delegating tasks and responsibilities to team members?

When delegating tasks, it is important to clearly communicate expectations and deadlines to your team members. Make sure to assign tasks based on each team member's strengths and skills. Regular check-ins can also help ensure that tasks are being completed on time.

3. How can I avoid multitasking and increase productivity?

One way to avoid multitasking is to break down large tasks into smaller, more manageable ones. This allows you to focus on one task at a time and complete it more efficiently. Setting specific time blocks for each task can also help increase productivity.

4. How can I effectively use technology to improve time management for my team?

There are many time management and productivity tools available, such as project management software or time tracking apps, that can help streamline tasks and communication within your team. It's important to find the right tools that work for your team and utilize them effectively.

5. What are some ways to encourage teamwork and collaboration while managing time effectively?

Regular team meetings and check-ins can help foster communication and collaboration between team members. It's also important to create a positive and supportive team culture where team members feel comfortable asking for help or sharing ideas. Additionally, setting clear and realistic goals and deadlines can help keep everyone on track and working together towards a common objective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
ms_twana
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views