1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Hobbyist to Full Time Consultant

1. momoftwins

momoftwins Veteran Member

I am a new mom to twins and have been doing PC for 4 years. In those 4 years I have just been a hobbyist consultant. I am wanting to now make my PC business be my full time job. Any advice how I can go about doing that (hobbyist to Full Time)???? Thanks in advance.

Nov 21, 2005
  2. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

Set down prior to the beginning of the month and get your calendar ready for the next month. Make note of which days you can do shows. Then set out to book ALL of those days. My director does 2 shows a week and occasionally more. FT is 8 shows a month, so you need to do that many to reach your goal. Since unfortunately cancellations do occur my director recommends scheduling 10 shows in case someone bails. That way you are still booked full for the month. If no one bails, a bonus for you!

Nov 21, 2005
  3. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

If you're able to, I would double book an upcoming month. Not only does that allow some leeway if one reschedules, but if they ALL occur you'll be amazed what it does for your business. I did that back in June because I wanted to earn all the fall products for free (I did get them ALL for free since I had over $6000 in sales). So, not only did that happen, but my business was much stronger as a result. I don't think I would have done as well with recruiting either if I didn't do that.

Good luck!!! :D

Nov 21, 2005
  4. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

At the risk of being chastised for using the "can't" word, I just haven't been able to get that many bookings in a month! I'm in a position in my life (empty nester) where I could do and would like to do 2 shows a week, but so far I just can't seem to get the bookings...Any suggestions?

Nov 21, 2005
  5. pamperedbecky

My suggestion would be to get on the phone and call as many of your past guests at shows as you can. Definitely fill them in on the Jan and Feb specials since those are AMAZING!! Even if they checked "no" on the drawing slip, it's worth a call. If they say no, then they say no, but you never know who may be swayed by the awesome specials. I want to try to do this between Thanksgiving and Christmas since I'll have some business down time since not as many shows are scheduled. Plus you can appeal to people's desire to get their friends together to see them after the crazy holidays when everybody is cooped up.

Also, go back to your list of 100. That's a tool that I know I don't use often enough. Call past hosts who haven't hosted in 6-12 months or more and let them know the specials. They are definitely the ones who will appreciate what great deals they are.

Good luck! :)

Nov 21, 2005
  6. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks, Becky, for the advice. I just got back from Cluster mtg. A friend there challenged me to make 50 phone calls before Sunday night. We shook hands on it! Wish me luck with that 400 lb phone!

Nov 21, 2005
  7. pamperedbecky

Ooooh, that is a VERY good challenge! A fellow consultant and I have done challenges such as that from time to time and I think it helps! Good luck to you. YOu can do it!! Keep some stats and let us know how it goes! :D

Nov 21, 2005
Have something to add?