• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice for New Consultant Working Full-Time Outside the Home

In summary, Tammi is planning to resign from her position as a PC PT on Monday and is looking for advice from ChefSuccess. Tammi is confident that she can continue to offer PC services while also working a full-time job, but recommends talking to her family first to make sure they are on board.
hoosierchef
Hello. Getting ready to resign on Monday with PC. I sold PC before, however I let my business fall aside. Now that i am living in a new area and my son is a little older, I would really like to start a THRIVING business. I still have the same concerns as before however, and thought I would turn to ChefSucess for help!

I am a single, working full-time, mother. I am planning on just doing PC PT for now, but hopefully it can develope in the future to perhaps a full-time job in and of itself. I am hoping that there are other consultants out there who also work a full-time job outside their home and manage a successful PC business too. So, if you have any advice you can offer up, I would really appreciate it!! Thanks!

Tammi :)

I also worked full-time when I started PC. The most important thing to do is to talk everything over with your immediate family (hubby, kids - if old enough). I wanted to make sure that they were good with me leaving/getting on the phone/go in the office after I got home from an all day job. It is definitley hard to do, but not impossibe to do both.

Always have with you a business in a binder: catalog, specials, calendar, order forms, host info and rolling contacts. I would do PC work at lunchtime and breaks...so get everyone daytime phone number (which is just good practice anyway - phone calls tend to be shorter that way).

Don't give up...I have been doing this for 4 years - and the past 2 have been full-time PC! I quit that State Job!
Good Luck!!!

I know how hard it is to be a single mom. Luckily I'm remarried now and my DH is really supportive. I was working full time and selling PC until July of last year when I quit my full time job to be a SAHM, pregnant with my 4th child at the time. Before then, when I was still working FT, I just encorporated PC into my daily routine. I worked at the local hospital, so I talked to EVERYONE about my business. Now that I'm at home, PC gives me an excuse to keep in touch with my friends still working therel.

Good luck!

I work full time and the most important thing is to be organized. Especially as a single parent, you don't have as much time to waste looking for paperwork or things.
And set yourself a regular schedule. Make a couple of nights a week your show nights, so that your family knows that you'll be gone.

I won't pretend to know your struggles, as I'm not a single mom. I totally admire you for doing what you have to do for your family. Kudos to you, my friend...

Have you read the articles in Empowering Women? I swear there was one featuring a mom that had been a single mom while working her business. If you don't have access, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Many blessings,

I work full time in the day and PC part time. I will be only one year with PC this coming March. I don't have kids so I can't relate there. But I do have a quilt teaching job too. For now I can't see me doing PC full time with my lifestyle, but hey who knows what the future may hold.

I am always talking about my PC business to many people throughout the day both at work and other places. I keep my business card on me at all times and a few extra catalogs in my brief bag. I work downtown St. John's, so over my lunch hours I can drop off host packs to offices of potential hosts. I am also thinking of just dropping in to some offices with my card and a brochure of what I do, maybe I might get a few shows that way. Although saying that, it will be difficult to do express lunch hour shows as I only have one hour myself for lunch before back to my office. but hey there are always after hour parties.

My only big piece of advice is just talk talk talk about what you do. It works!

Cheers

I'm also a single mother of a 4 year old, plus I manage full time retail store with 15 employee's and do PC. I use PC as a creative outlet for my love of cooking.
I do 4 kitchen shows a month and in 2 years since I signed up my career sales are at $49,780.00. I think the key to it all is time management, something I'm still learning.
I use my shows as a night out with the girls just to meet new people. I don't see it as as work just some fun in the kitchen.
I live in a small town of just 44,000.00 poeple out in the middle of no where and if I can make my business work any one can.
My cluster is based in Chicago and I was number 1 in sales for 2006 with 40 some other people in our cluster.
Keep your chin up and have fun while making money!!:)

Hey Karolynn!!!!

I miss you!!!!! Are you coming to conference this year???

And Karolynn is right---she is in the middle on no where!!! I used to live there--3 hours to the next big city! And she is doing awesome!

It's all about time management and getting on the phone, even when you don't want to!!! I find if I'm in a bad mood--I'll get on the phone and talk to someone who loves our products and that always lifts my spirits!

Hello, Ange

I will be at confernce this year save me a space.

Congratulations on directorship! I will be there some day soon.

Karolynn

Your not alone, I workfull time, I jsut got married a month ago but I have a five year old little girl, plus a husband now to take care of, as well as I go to school full time... and sell PC am I nuts?? I think not... I sit down with my calender every month and I decided on what nights of the week I want to do shows, I do not do shows on Sundays that is a family day, I have had request for it a number of times, I jsut polietly let them know that for me Sunday is a day of rest, and they pick a differnt day.

Leah

I work full time also and will be doing so for the next 5-6 years then early RETIREMENT!!! You should decide how many nights a week you want to work, and WHAT night(s) you are willing to work. Are you willing to do shows on the weekends and how many weekends plus times. Then when you are booking shows, you give your hosts the next two available dates you have--you don't need to explain why those are the only available dates--let them think you are super busy with PC. Also, devote only one hour per day/night for your business--and the beauty is you don't have to do the hour all at once. You can do 15 minutes in the morning, 15 at lunch, 15 before dinner, and 15 before bed. Use those to make calls, get yourself organized, prepare host/recruiting packets, etc. You didn't mention how old your children were. Get them involved--they would see how hard work makes you successful, they would have some quality time with you, and they would love to get excited with you. They would learn that you are doing this to help the family and you are showing them how to contribute to a strong family.

1. How can I balance my full-time job and Pampered Chef business?

It can be challenging to balance a full-time job and a direct sales business like Pampered Chef. One tip is to utilize your weekends and evenings for your business tasks, such as scheduling parties and following up with customers. It's also important to prioritize tasks and delegate when possible.

2. What are some ways to make the most of my limited time as a new consultant?

As a new consultant working full-time, time management is crucial. One strategy is to focus on activities that will bring in immediate income, such as hosting parties and reaching out to potential customers. It's also helpful to set specific goals and create a schedule to stay on track.

3. How can I effectively market my Pampered Chef business while working full-time?

Social media is an excellent tool for marketing your business while working full-time. You can schedule posts and engage with potential customers during your breaks or lunch hour. It's also beneficial to network with friends, family, and coworkers to spread the word about your business.

4. Is it possible to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant while working full-time?

Absolutely! Many successful Pampered Chef consultants have full-time jobs. It's all about finding a balance and utilizing your time efficiently. With dedication and hard work, you can achieve success in both your full-time job and your Pampered Chef business.

5. What support and resources are available for new consultants working full-time outside the home?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for new consultants, including training materials, online tools, and a community of experienced consultants. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for advice and guidance. Don't be afraid to ask for help when needed!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kraber
  • momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • AlowayFamily