• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Party: Just Curious!

In summary, the conversation discusses a posting on eBay for a Pampered Chef party or catalog order. Some participants are curious about the legitimacy of the posting and question if it is a real host or a sneaky consultant. Others point out the potential violation of intellectual property and express concern over the lack of product warranty. One person suggests attending the party to investigate, while another mentions seeing similar postings on Craigslist. Overall, the conversation raises concerns about the authenticity and ethics of this posting on eBay.
esavvymom
Staff member
Just curious....quite http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-Party-or-Catalog-Order_W0QQitemZ330284499138QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Nonfiction_Book?hash=item330284499138&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318, I must say. Wonder how it's working :D

:( Report that!

I know that it says it's a host, but seems odd to be offering an October special to the first person that orders. Plus, would a typical host want strangers showing up? We are used to general public. I would be curious to see if there is really a host there or just a booth of some sort. Someone should go undercover :).

She states she is not a representative but a creative host. wondering how this really will work.

i'm torn, it could just be a very creative host... BUT... it also seems like a sneaky consultant.. especially with the offer of a pumkin plate, and more drawing tickets... you know, just to be safe, report it.... i'm really doubting that it is a real host...

Oh that's a no, no!!!

I reported it....

she's a only a host and using the PC logo?

Either way, PC can ask for her listing to be ended for violation of intellectual property.

Just when you think you've seen it all, my head still shakes on the creativity. I can't believe she is trying to pass off that she is not selling.

This is messed up! I can't believe how obvious she is making herself. Has someone tried to log in to PC.com and see who the consultant really is??

Too bad it won't count as an October show...closing is on November 19th and October shows have to be in by Saturday. :p

That's @ 20 miles from me! A very nice area too!

She probably has this pumpkin dish from another show left over and is using it as a promotional item.

This is intriguing to me - if she didn't use the logo, I would actually think it would be legitimate and not a no-no. What a creative and inventive way to get sales!

If she is a host vs consultant, and hadn't used the logo, it may be ok by PC standards since she didn't post a link to the PWS.But, wouldn't it be against eBay policies? Since she isn't actually selling anything?(And I agree with those who said it reads more like a sneaky cons than a creative host)

I think it a consultant trying to be sneaky. I've looked on Ebay and there are so many of the new fall/winter items up for sale it's pathetic. Sellers are starting off at lower prices to get more bids and people are buying. They don't seem to care about product warrant us consultants give when they buy from us. It's crazy.

pamperedlinda said:
You should show up! You'll get a free gift!

The weird thing is the zip code is a Nacogdoches, Texas zip.. Just moved from there my zip was 75965.. but the rest of Nacogdoches was 75961..... the plot thickens...

Hmmm...but she can't sell for less, but I do wonder if people know that NIB doesn't necessarily mean it is under warranty! I emailed one of those eBay sellers back in late August and they would not respond to me even though I used one of my other non-PC emails! Don't think this is right at all! Hopefully HO will stop it!

JAE said:
You should show up! You'll get a free gift!

I thought about that :D
Wouldn't it be odd if it were a consultant that I knew?
I should set-up a mystery email address and check it out....I would if I had enough spare time on my hands.

I e-mailed her asked her to let me know how it works out. If it is a host, she could have gotten the logo anywhere - maybe off of a flier from here.

I'm guessing she is a host being sneaky helping a friend. Pam Amin is an Owner at DATH, Inc. in the Greater Atlanta Area.

Linda - do you know where/what that is?

Here is her home address Linda:pam Amin (678) 289-1778 136 Amicalola Way, Jonesboro, GA 30236 Want to go crash a party? ;)

I've seen posting like this on craiglist also.

noelskitchen said:
I think it a consultant trying to be sneaky. I've looked on Ebay and there are so many of the new fall/winter items up for sale it's pathetic. Sellers are starting off at lower prices to get more bids and people are buying. They don't seem to care about product warrant us consultants give when they buy from us. It's crazy.

People also don't seem to do any homework! Do you see how many of those go for higher prices than if they bought them NEW from us WITH the warranty? It's a joke how gullible people can be with auctions.

pamperedlinda said:

Maybe you should go and see what it's all about!

But if she is a legitamate host, isn't using the Pampered Chef Logo - if you are not a Pampered Chef affiliate - also against the law?

pampered1224 said:
But if she is a legitamate host, isn't using the Pampered Chef Logo - if you are not a Pampered Chef affiliate - also against the law?

Yes, because she doesn't have permission from HO to use the logo.

Just like they are also not supposed to use pictures of the products provided by HO.

pampered1224 said:

Yes, which is why I mentioned earlier to report it to HO and they can end the listing for intellectual property infringement.

janetupnorth said:
I'm guessing she is a host being sneaky helping a friend. Pam Amin is an Owner at DATH, Inc. in the Greater Atlanta Area.

Linda - do you know where/what that is?

Never heard of it.

janetupnorth said:
Here is her home address Linda:

Pam Amin (678) 289-1778 136 Amicalola Way, Jonesboro, GA 30236

Want to go crash a party? ;)

I google-mapped this address - it's a 19.7 mile drive from my house :rolleyes:

I'm not much in to party crashing :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
Yes, which is why I mentioned earlier to report it to HO and they can end the listing for intellectual property infringement.

I did report it. I got an email back today saying
"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef and providing the below information. We will research this eBay seller and take the appropriate action."

I noted as well that the ebay item did not have a visitor tracker on it... I thought that was odd too.

Sellers don't have to put a counter on their auctions. Most do, but it's not required. It could also be an invisible one that only the seller can see.

What is the email address we send to for "rule breaking"? I need to send one in.

Thank you. I was checking up on my team, making sure they weren't posting and someone else in their area was. Let's keep a level playing field.

I'm voting host because she put "Stone Ware" in her ad instead of "stoneware". LOL

if anyone is interested, she put an update about getting lots of questions on how its going.

congrats sheila on the baby, if you hold off for 3 days past your due date your baby can share St Patty's with my oldest!

I just checked it out and she got NO bids! LOL! Serves her right for doing a "no-no"! LOL!

Funny, she commented on people making a federal case out of it! I didn't contact her, but whether it was PC or not, she violated E-bay rules and I wish THEY ended it.

She:

1. Used a logo without permission.
2. Clearly admitted that it was an invite not an auction. E-bay doesn't like that too much!

Why don't people just invite family and friends in their neighborhood and help the consultant and themselves best that way?

I think there are bigger things in the world to be upset about ...

It looks to me like this could be someone who went to October party, booked a Nov. show to get the Stoneware and couldn't get enough orders to save her life. Been there, done that, bought the tshirt, hat, coffee mug ...

1. What is a Pampered Chef party?

A Pampered Chef party is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where a consultant showcases our high-quality kitchen tools and cookware, and guests have the opportunity to try out products and purchase them.

2. How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy! Simply contact a consultant or visit our website to schedule a date and invite your friends and family. As a host, you will earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

3. What types of products are available at a Pampered Chef party?

We offer a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items that are designed to make cooking and food preparation easier and more enjoyable. Our products are also backed by a satisfaction guarantee.

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products without attending a party?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products through our website or by contacting a consultant directly. You can also place an order through a catalog party, where guests can browse and order products from a catalog without attending a physical party.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you love cooking and sharing your passion with others, becoming a Pampered Chef consultant may be a great fit for you! You can sign up through our website or contact a consultant for more information on joining our team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • pamperedlinda