• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef-Bashing on Cooking Thread: Let's Talk Target!

In summary, the forum discusses cooking and one poster starts bashing other posters for not being as excited about cooking as they are. The moderator tries to talk to the posters but they don't listen. The poster eventually quits the forum because of the bashing.
PamperedK
Silver Member
:mad: I have another forum I read fairly often. There was a thread about cooking, and it turned into a total PC bash. Talking about how our stuff is comparable to stuff you can buy at Target and...how our recipes suck! :eek:

What?What kind of forum is this? :eek: And did you stick up for us??? :p What kind of moderator would allow such bashing??

Oh, well...you get what you pay for!! And they obviously don't want to pay for some of the best!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's just a casual, fun forum that I used to like going to...Myself and a couple of others tried to talk about quality, getting what you pay for, etc...but it's not working - so I'm not reading!

"Stupid is as stupid does."You wouldn't want any of those morons as clients, they're obviously too dumb to own anything nice.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"Stupid is as stupid does."

You wouldn't want any of those morons as clients, they're obviously too dumb to own anything nice.
LOL, you kill me KG!

I quit going to a forum I used to go to because someone started trashing my job. When I started trying to stick up for myself, she started bashing me personally, so I just quit. I didn't figure it was my responsibility to educate the ignorant...

Dont let it bother you. I have decided I dont care if people dont get as excited as me about this stuff. I love it. I am going to keep loving it, and if you want to waste your money on target and wal mart crap fine by me. You get what you deserve. :D so there.

I love this company and it's products- I agree with the rest. Ignore them and take a break for a few days until things cool down.

PC bashing? I'm shocked! They don't like good, quality tools at reasonable prices, with INCREDIBLE customer service?

Well! I believe they don't deserve your wonderful presence any longer.

Serves them right if they lose your companionship.

No matter what you do, there will be someone there to bash you for your belief. In fact, there will be people standing in line to take their turn. (Look how we bash the Dollar Store utensil buyers!)If you're a Democrat, you'll be under fire from Republicans. If you're a Republican, you'll be bashed by Democrats. It's just the way it is today - although some people are much louder than others!I hear lots of TPC bashing, and with The Kat Lady being part of Mary Kay, I hear lots of MK bashing, too. Much of TPC and MK bashing is petty jealousy - you're part of something big and those morons aren't, so they have to find reasons to rationalize their own failure at not being a part of it. In some areas, it's just good natured ribbing - car owners expect to be harrassed by friends as part of the fun. Ford owners and Chevy owners pick on one another all the time but it's expected and part of the hobby. (Think what abuse those of us who own both Fords AND Chevies take!)Of course, if you're not a fan of the Green Bay Packers, you're just a loser anyway, and there's no hope for you.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Of course, if you're not a fan of the Green Bay Packers, you're just a loser anyway, and there's no hope for you.

If Poe was a Packer Fan

If Edgar Allen Poe was alive today, he would most assuredly be a Packer fan. So, here is what his poem "The Raven" would likely look like had he written it this week. Enjoy!

Once upon a Thursday evening, while I sat with the fish I was cleaning
That I had caught on the ice not more than three hours before
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping
As of some NFL team rapping, rapping at my stadium door
“Tis some dumb-@ss Viking fan” I muttered –
“only this and nothing more.”

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December
And as the Vikings fell on their @ss then as they have always before
Eagerly I wished the kickoff; - As these “fans” began to tick off
Tick me off even more – So much I hoped we would run up the score
It is time for the man who has beaten them time and time before –
Time to bring out number Four.

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
“Look dumb@ss, your team and offense is a bore.”
“Your receivers are all lacking, and your losses are all stacking
Your team unity is simply cracking – your offense cannot even score.”
“Your coach is a moron” this I stated many times before –
“only this and nothing more”

And the purple painted loser, wobbling like some drunken boozer
Thrilled me filling him with fantastic terrors never felt before;
For he cannot help agreeing that no living Viking being
Could survive without fleeing – Fleeing from the number Four
Sharper, Williams, Childress, Johnson or even Mewelde Moore;
Not even their mascot, Pauly Shore.

The scrawny Vikes fan stood shaking, in his stupid Helga hat quaking
Teared up eyes begging that the truth he hear no more
But the thought of cold Lambeau, either with or without snow
A place where no Viking really wanted to go – A place of hallowed lore
With quivering lip full of fear, nay dread of the final score –
He peed himself upon the floor.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
In some areas, it's just good natured ribbing - car owners expect to be harrassed by friends as part of the fun. Ford owners and Chevy owners pick on one another all the time but it's expected and part of the hobby. (Think what abuse those of us who own both Fords AND Chevies take!)

Of course, if you're not a fan of the Green Bay Packers, you're just a loser anyway, and there's no hope for you.

My DH drives a Ford truck, I drive a Saturn(GM) Vue....but our true love is our 1970 440-6 Pack Dodge Challenger (Plum Crazy Purple!). We take alot of ribbing!

Actually, Poe would be a Ravens fan - since they named the team after the main character of his famous poem.Although, a true Baltimore fan is still pissed that their team is in Indianapolis. Just like I'm still pissed at Atlanta for stealing my basketball and baseball teams.

ChefBeckyD said:
My DH drives a Ford truck, I drive a Saturn(GM) Vue....but our true love is our 1970 440-6 Pack Dodge Challenger (Plum Crazy Purple!). We take alot of ribbing!
You mean, someone besides Ford builds trucks? I'm shocked!

My DH has a 1973 Dodge Challenger, Black and Red, I hated this car for the longest time, but now I appreciate all the work he has put into it. I personally want a 1948 - 1950 Mercury. Someday...oh, someday.

thechefofnorthbend said:
My DH has a 1973 Dodge Challenger, Black and Red, I hated this car for the longest time, but now I appreciate all the work he has put into it. I personally want a 1948 - 1950 Mercury. Someday...oh, someday.

For myself - I'd LOVE a 1965 or '66 Mustang......but the car came with the man....it was definitely a case of "love me, love my car". I had grown up in a TOTAL GM family, so when I first started dating my DH, I had to call my dad and ask him what MOPAR meant!:D
Now, I also have a 2 1/2 yr old son who knows more about Mopars than 99% of the adult population!

The 1949 Ford and 1949 Mercury were the first new cars to come out after WWII. (All the others were warmed over 1942 models that were discontinued for the duration and came out as 1946 models.)Ford actually used that same platform through 1964, and the 1965 Ford was the second all-new Ford since the war. (There is a green '65 Galaxie featured in the "stuck in the middle with you" TV spot from Wendy's.)Those were good looking cars - Gordon Buehrig took the look of a '49 convertible and combined it with a tudor and the result was the 1950 Victoria - a tudor hardtop and that style was all the rage for two decades. You have good taste in cars - even if your DH is a Mopar guy. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
For myself - I'd LOVE a 1965 or '66 Mustang......but the car came with the man....it was definitely a case of "love me, love my car". I had grown up in a TOTAL GM family, so when I first started dating my DH, I had to call my dad and ask him what MOPAR meant!:D
Now, I also have a 2 1/2 yr old son who knows more about Mopars than 99% of the adult population!
Mopar = Nocar

One of my old friends is a Mopar guy and we hae a mutual friend who used to own a Dodge store. Lee Iocca was in charge of Chrysler in the days when I was the only Ford guy at a party at Jay's one night. I was taking all kinds of $h*# all night - every acronym for Ford (Found On The Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, etc.) all night long.

Finally, I shrugged and said, "You guys can say all you want, but it took a reject from the Ford Motor Company to save Chrysler!" That was the end of the car talk for the rest of the night!

Back in my "wild days" I had a beautiful 1957 Ford Wagon, fully restored and customized, lo-buck style. Flat black with emerald green pinstriping, Von Dutch style, awesome silver ghost flames and billet wheels. Ah, loved this car. Had to part with it unfortunatly. It did go to a very nice guy who still has it, has fixed it up even more and now shows it at car shows.

Here are some shots from my days as a car show junkie...lol

57wagon.jpg

Related to Pampered Chef-Bashing on Cooking Thread: Let's Talk Target!

1. What is the reason behind the Pampered Chef-bashing on the Cooking Thread?

The Pampered Chef-bashing on the Cooking Thread is mostly due to the company's aggressive sales tactics and high-priced products, which can be off-putting to some consumers. Additionally, some people may have had negative experiences with consultants or products from the company.

2. Is it true that Pampered Chef products are overpriced?

This is a subjective question and depends on individual opinions. However, Pampered Chef products are generally higher in price compared to similar items from other brands. The company justifies this by emphasizing the quality and durability of their products, which are backed by a satisfaction guarantee.

3. Do Pampered Chef consultants pressure customers to purchase products?

While this may vary among individual consultants, the Pampered Chef business model does rely heavily on in-home parties where the consultant demonstrates and sells products to guests. Some customers may feel pressured to purchase items during these events, but ultimately, the decision to buy is up to the individual.

4. Are there any positive aspects to Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there are many positive aspects to Pampered Chef products. They are known for their high quality, durable materials and innovative designs. Many customers also appreciate the convenience and ease of use of these products in the kitchen.

5. How is Pampered Chef responding to the criticism on the Cooking Thread?

Pampered Chef has not officially responded to the criticism on the Cooking Thread. However, the company continues to provide quality products and services to their customers and stands by their satisfaction guarantee. They also have a strong community of loyal customers who are happy with their products and the overall Pampered Chef experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies