• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pack Smart: Bringing the Right Clothes for a 5-Day Trip

In summary, Anne plans to bring six outfits, with a few extras in case her mood changes. Andrea recommends packing more than what Anne plans to wear, as she often changes her mind. All three women agree that it is important to pack a light sweater.
AJPratt
Silver Member
How many changes of clothes should I bring? I don't want to overpack. I will be there Wed-Sun.

I always over pack, I don't know how to under pack. I figured 6 outfits, with a few extra tops in case my mood changes which happens quite often. I am on a shoe kick right now so I hope that it doesn't take up my whole suitcase.Which could happen since I have big boats.See you there Anne, we have less than 3 weeks!

I do the same as Amanda...I frequently change my mind on what to wear so I over pack...always!

Andrea, aren't you supposed to be at work, I am not used to seeing you on here right now?

I am supposed to be at work, but I took the day off! I am leaving tonight for OKC and wanted to spend time with the kids since I won't be here this weekend, plus had to do laundry and pack...so, here I am (I guess this isn't really spending time with the kids but I am watching them play).

I pack exactly what I'll need with one extra shirt -- but I'm not one to dress according to a mood. I travel by train and have to cart my luggage around town so it must be light. My Director (we travel and room together) can't get over the size of my suitcase.

List the days you'll be traveling then write down what you'll wear each day (from undewear to shoes). Plan outfits so you can limit the number of shoes you need to take (they are heavy and take up room). Unless they are unusual, pants can be worn more than once (gotta love khakis) so I always have more tops than pants.

If you've been fairly casual, you may want to pack a different outfit for the Executive Director Dinner.

Don't forget a nice outfit for your Executive Director dinner. People tend to dress up a little bit more for this dinner.

What do people normally wear to this dinner?

Find out from your upline what the theme of your dinner is. Ours is some sort of beach party or something to that effect, so it's on the more casual side.

AJPratt said:
What do people normally wear to this dinner?

In the past everyone dressed up. I really liked that since I don't EVER have a chance to do that! We always take pictures at the banquet and everyone looked so pretty. The past couple of years it has gotten more and more casual. This year is the first time I've heard of Exec. banquets having a theme. Cute idea but only if everyone gets the email. Last year we dressed nice and our exec. was in a camp shirt and shorts.....we are her 4th line and didn't know she had decided to go casual.

Talk to your upline director and ask about what they are expecting you to wear to the banquet.

As for what to wear the rest of the time....bring a sweater!! The temp in the rooms and main sessions change every hour!! I carry a sweater or jacket so I am ready for anything :)

Oh yeah, I definitely recommend carrying a light sweater. It gets COLD in those workshops! And this is coming from someone who is always hot!

Related to Pack Smart: Bringing the Right Clothes for a 5-Day Trip

What are the essential clothing items to pack for a 5-day trip?

The essential clothing items to pack for a 5-day trip include versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched, such as a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, a dress, and a cardigan. It's also important to pack comfortable shoes, underwear, and socks for each day.

How do I pack efficiently to fit all my clothes in one bag?

To pack efficiently for a 5-day trip, start by choosing clothing items that are lightweight and can be rolled up. Place heavier items at the bottom of your bag, and roll your clothes tightly to maximize space. Utilize packing cubes or compression bags to further organize and compact your clothes.

What should I consider when choosing clothes for a 5-day trip?

When choosing clothes for a 5-day trip, consider the weather at your destination, the activities you'll be doing, and the dress code of any planned events. Stick to a color scheme to make mixing and matching easier, and opt for wrinkle-resistant fabrics to save you time and effort when unpacking.

How many outfits should I pack for a 5-day trip?

A general rule of thumb is to pack two outfits per day, plus an extra outfit for unexpected events or emergencies. This includes tops, bottoms, and outerwear. However, it's always a good idea to pack a few extra tops or versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down.

What are some tips for packing toiletries for a 5-day trip?

To pack toiletries efficiently for a 5-day trip, consider purchasing travel-sized bottles or using reusable travel containers to save space. For makeup, pack only the essentials and consider multi-purpose products. Don't forget to pack any necessary medications and always pack them in your carry-on bag.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• klstaz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • natural