1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Own Show - Host Name

1. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

So I have a recruit having her own show to start. When she closes, should it be in her name or in her husband's name? Why? Thanks....

Aug 27, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

She can host her own show- in her own name. She just won't get the "past host discount" or "booking benefits" for shows booked. But everything else should be available. (I think...)

Aug 27, 2009
  3. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

She should enter it in P3 in her own name, as "Consultant Acting As Host." Like Bobbi said, no Past Host Discount or future booking benefits, but it's all above board.

Aug 27, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

her name for sure.

Aug 27, 2009
  5. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Oh, and she doesn't earn commission on anything that she orders as host beyond FPV and half-priced items either.

Aug 28, 2009
  6. beepampered

We never get commission on half-priced items so that won't matter.Will her friend be able to get the past host discount at her kickoff show?

Aug 28, 2009
  7. NooraK

Right. What I meant was that she would not be able to get commission on the items that are discounted 20-30%. We do earn commission on the discounted price of those items at our shows, except when the consultant is acting as host.

Yes, her friend can use a PHD she's earned in the last year at her show.

Aug 28, 2009
  8. beepampered

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I know she'll get the 10%. Will she be able to buy a piece of stoneware 60% off?

Aug 29, 2009
  9. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

She will not get the 10% for being a past host. She WILL get the 60% off stoneware (this is a September show, right?), but not be able to get it again as a Past Host.

Aug 29, 2009
  10. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

So why not have the 'husband' be the host and then 'he' can reap the past host discount benefit in the future and she makes the commission?

Aug 29, 2009
  11. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

I think if the host is married to you or living at your same address, they cannont do that... is that correct someone?

Aug 29, 2009
  12. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

That's right, I did read something about that. My 'sister' was my so-called host for my first show...not married to me nor living with me.

Aug 29, 2009
  13. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

I know a former consulant who when she recruited and did the kick off show, always put host of new consultant, but listed either her mom or dad (as most aren't living at home) or sibling as co-host so that someone could take advantage of the booking benefits and it was always the co-host who ordered the more products.

Don't know how above board that was, but I know she did it for years.

Lisa

14. NooraK

If your new recruit booked off her friend, then said friend is still eligible for any of her host benefits, whether it'd be the 10% PHD or the booking benefit. Once the new recruit signs, she loses her booking benefits and PHD (but she gets at least a 20% discount anyway, so that's not a big deal),

Aug 29, 2009
  15. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

A kick off show implies that the consultant has already signed. If that is the case, it is policy that a consultant's show can not have a co-host. If the show was done by the recruiter (recruiter as consultant for the show) before the new consultant signs then it is perfectly fine to have a co-host.

There's no need for us to get the booking benefit since a consultant can take advantage of the monthly special any time she chooses just by putting together a show - most of us get stray orders enough to put together a catalog show often enough to do that in a month that we want the special and if we don't have enough orders after a while our customer base is wide enough that we can put out an email asking if anyone needs anything.

Also, there is no reason to put a show in someone else's name. Since we can do a show anytime we can get those booking benefits when we want them and, while we don't get commission on purchase with the host's show discount, it's our choice whether we use that or not. The minimum consultant discount is 20% so if the show discount is more you're just getting a bigger discount, if it's 20% then you can choose whether to spend the money now or put in a personal order.

If I need to get a show to a higher level I will order a gift for someone that has an event coming up and I do order it in their name but I have found that I want things for me ordered in my name - makes adjustments much easier and it's the ethical thing to do.

Aug 30, 2009
  16. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Beth,
    Let me be clear.......I said.......
    Frankly, I suck at recruiting, so I don't have to worry about this. I've recruited 5 people in past and none are still doing PC.

Lisa

17. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Lisa, none of my comments were directed at you or a criticism of you. I was simply stating how I interpret terms we use and PC policy.

Aug 30, 2009
Have something to add?