• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director ....Sigh....another Month as a Tl Instead of a D

In summary, the leader of a downline company is not being paid as an AD because all of the recruit leads are not returning her calls. She is considering quitting the company.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Had my two SC's, they submitted, one of the recruits under one of them submitted, the second one I called and offered to put a show in under her name, explained to her why I needed this , offered to let her keep the commission, and she......hung up on me.....called her recruiter (who happens to be her daughter), and asked if there was an issue I needed to apologize for, and the daughter said (direct quote here) : "oh you shouldn't have called her. I know she's my mom but she's evil. She's doing this to get back at me.". Um....what about me?

So, no director for month # 2.....

sigh

Ugh! That is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a healthy Mother Daughter relationship! Good Lord....did Mom evern hear of unconditional love? And what horrible thing could the daughter have done to warrent such childish behavior from the Mom?

I too will be paid as a TL instead of an AD because those in my downline are not performing. I had ALL areas green for an AD except my 1st gen director who for the second month in a row has been the only part of green that has prevented me getting paid as an AD. My feelings for PC are not high right now. I need income to pay my bills and it is not secure enough. I was in tears last night because I was so overcome with fear on how I can make the short fall of about $600 plus I will have a tax bill over $1000 that I can spread out, but part of that will need to be added on.

Yes, I have called for bookings. The 4 that I had has turned into 3. 3 strong recruit leads will no long return my calls.

So my thoughts are...do I request to go back to a TL and join an additional DS company along with this one? Or do I take more time out of my life and and get a part time job?

Sorry to be so negative but this is month 3 of this and it is impacting my life in a very negative way.

Thanks for the vent.

Wow Nancy, what a bitch! I think I'd be tempted to send her an email and let her know that her actions hurt many more than her daughter. Then I'd be done with her, she'd have to make a HUGE, very sincere apology before I lifted a finger to help her again.

I agree with Linda! That was totally uncalled for. It's not your fault she's upset with her daughter - and why did she sign up under her in the first place?

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Nancy and Ann!!

I was paid as TL in June & July too. I thought I was okay with the thought of losing D if it happened but we've added team members this month and I have a couple who are joining in September and I had an over $4K month myself for August and when it came down to yesterday I was not okay with it. The chosen person who HAD to submit says she did, so I think I'm okay. I HATE this pressure. Gotta keep getting new people!

Trying to get people, Beth, but they fall through. I was so sure of the 3 of 4...the most reluctant one signed. Now the others do not return my calls.

I am tired of pressuring people and now I feel like getting a party is next to impossible. And I am even taking a shower!!:approve:

Oh well, I may have to change somethings up to take some of the pressure off. I want to sell PC and I want to enjoy it. Lately I can't have both!

baychef said:
Trying to get people, Beth, but they fall through. I was so sure of the 3 of 4...the most reluctant one signed. Now the others do not return my calls.

I am tired of pressuring people and now I feel like getting a party is next to impossible. And I am even taking a shower!!:approve:

Oh well, I may have to change somethings up to take some of the pressure off. I want to sell PC and I want to enjoy it. Lately I can't have both!

I know Ann! I was actually saying I need to get more new people but I do know what you mean - some days it seems near impossible. Hang in there. You're an awesome leader and things will turn around. Let it go, take a breath, and things will clear!

Unless my 2 SC lines surprised me late last night and submitted something, this is my 3rd month where I didn't meet all D requirements. Goodbye Directorship. Things aren't looking good at all and for the first time ever, I'm contemplating what I want to do with PC. I love it, but it's gotten too hard lately to find the time to put into it and, frankly, it's become much harder for me to get bookings lately. The biggest reason is because of the time I'm not putting into it, but still seems harder lately anyway.

My kids are getting busier and it's been kind of nice not worrying about having tons of shows and having to find kid coverage when my husband isn't home from work in time, for example. I need to re-explore my WHY and see what I can do to motivate myself. It's the first time ever going into this relinquishment stuff and to be honest, I'm not as bent out of shape about it as I thought I'd be, so that's not a good sign.

I have started to motivate my team with a Deep Covered Baker drawing. They earn tickets for various things throughout the month. However, if we don't qualify as a director team, we don't draw for the baker. I finally got it through to them at last month's meeting how their actions (or lack of) can effect others. Unfortunately August was month 3, but I finally have some with potential recruits and it looks like I'll actually have more than 2 at my meeting tonight!

(((hugs))) ladies! I'm sorry that you are all having such a difficult time with your teams not wanting to perform. Is it a "summer" and "back to school" thing? My team is doing less, but with 9 lines, 4 of which are SC lines, it makes it easier for me to maintain the Director title. And I was freaking out because we only had one more week of the month when SC line #2 went active! I can't imagine waiting for the page to be updated to find out if I made it or didn't make it this month. :( Luckily, I haven't had to experience that one yet & hope that I don't have to any time soon!

Sheila said:
(((hugs))) ladies! I'm sorry that you are all having such a difficult time with your teams not wanting to perform. Is it a "summer" and "back to school" thing? My team is doing less, but with 9 lines, 4 of which are SC lines, it makes it easier for me to maintain the Director title. And I was freaking out because we only had one more week of the month when SC line #2 went active! I can't imagine waiting for the page to be updated to find out if I made it or didn't make it this month. :( Luckily, I haven't had to experience that one yet & hope that I don't have to any time soon!

Sheila, you have been lucky. Not all SC teams perform as such. On paper it looks easy but it is far from that.

I have 5 SC lines and a total of 15 lines and more often than not I am paid as TL. I can't get it through my SCs that they need to coordinate their sales in the same month as their recruits' sales if they aren't going to submit every month. They get more that way too. My structure still isn't strong enough to be assured that I'll make it because many of my team are hobbyists. That's why I'm always looking for the next recruit. In fact, I have someone who is signing this month and she already has someone who will be signing with her (a 2-fer!).

pamperedbecky said:
Things aren't looking good at all and for the first time ever, I'm contemplating what I want to do with PC. I love it, but it's gotten too hard lately to find the time to put into it and, frankly, it's become much harder for me to get bookings lately. The biggest reason is because of the time I'm not putting into it, but still seems harder lately anyway.

My kids are getting busier and it's been kind of nice not worrying about having tons of shows and having to find kid coverage when my husband isn't home from work in time, for example. I need to re-explore my WHY and see what I can do to motivate myself. It's the first time ever going into this relinquishment stuff and to be honest, I'm not as bent out of shape about it as I thought I'd be, so that's not a good sign.

I could have written this. I've had so much "life" going on that I've been a TL for over a year and I just don't care. My biz is picking up a bit, but I'm finding myself short on time to do the kind of job I'd like to do. Last night I was returning phone messages from a WEEK ago and that is just not the way I want to do business. I've also been struggling with a lot of stuff personally and it inevitably spills into my biz.

Now DS1 is having surgery in a few weeks and DS2 is turning one, so the next two months will be crazy. I do have 5 shows for Sept, which is probably about my limit, but haven't been working on recruiting. I just don't have the time to train someone effectively, so I just don't recruit. I don't want to let them down.

Anyway.....just some more ramblings.

HUGS ladies!!!!

Kate, sounds like things are going well!! And Beth, I know you meant things that you need to do. Thanks to all for the support. What frustrates me is I see good leaders right here (and I know there are more) and they are falling one by one. I see PC business benefiting fewer and fewer. Right now my financial picture was not good to begin with but I thought that the fall would help me keep my nose above the water.

I know I have a horrible attitude right not but I am so afraid with my financial picture right now and PC is no longer the answer that it once was.

DebbieJ said:
I could have written this. I've had so much "life" going on that I've been a TL for over a year and I just don't care. My biz is picking up a bit, but I'm finding myself short on time to do the kind of job I'd like to do. Last night I was returning phone messages from a WEEK ago and that is just not the way I want to do business. I've also been struggling with a lot of stuff personally and it inevitably spills into my biz.

Now DS1 is having surgery in a few weeks and DS2 is turning one, so the next two months will be crazy. I do have 5 shows for Sept, which is probably about my limit, but haven't been working on recruiting. I just don't have the time to train someone effectively, so I just don't recruit. I don't want to let them down.

Anyway.....just some more ramblings.

Yep, I hear ya, Deb. How frustrating! We are in a very similar boat. I've already decided to get my LCPC license renewed and I would have done it even if my business was stronger than ever, but it's meaning more and more to me to get all my CEUs done so I can get my license renewed and keep that option open if I ever decide to go back into that field. For the first time ever since I quit my "previous life" job, it's sounding kind of appealing and exciting. I don't think I'd jump back in anytime soon (the next couple years) but it'll be nice to just have that option some day.

I hope Brendan's surgery goes well. That's stressful in and of itself, I know. Uggg. Why can't life just be easier sometimes?:D

Uggggg- DANG!! ONE SC line just came through as active, but I'm assuming it all would have updated at the same time so the other one must not have.

Soooooo close this month! And of course it was my 3rd month.:cry::cry:

baychef said:
Kate, sounds like things are going well!! And Beth, I know you meant things that you need to do. Thanks to all for the support. What frustrates me is I see good leaders right here (and I know there are more) and they are falling one by one. I see PC business benefiting fewer and fewer. Right now my financial picture was not good to begin with but I thought that the fall would help me keep my nose above the water.

I know I have a horrible attitude right not but I am so afraid with my financial picture right now and PC is no longer the answer that it once was.

I agree. My SED says we are making more money with this new career plan and had no answer when I said "sure brand new consultants who recruit can and those at the top are for sure but many of us at the D & AD level are making less". I know I'm making less even when I'm "paid as" D. It's pretty telling that EIGHT new NED's walked the stage this July. I think just 2-3 promoted to NED in the first 7 years I was a consultant. IMHO it's all about those at the top.

That being said, I am still loving my business more than I'm frustrated by it. I thought I was fine with losing my title but when it came that close I wasn't so I need to do more about getting somewhere (AKA promoting).

It makes me sad to hear that such top people are having so many problems in their businesses. Hopefully things will sort out and success will be there again soon.

pamperedbecky said:
Uggggg- DANG!! ONE SC line just came through as active, but I'm assuming it all would have updated at the same time so the other one must not have.

Soooooo close this month! And of course it was my 3rd month.:cry::cry:

You still have hope. Sometimes it takes several steps to update your whole team. I wish mine would too so I knew she made it in time - when I went to bed her show wasn't in but I woke up to a text that it was, I just don't know for sure it was before 12 central. Ugg.

ETA: Just rechecked again and I'm GREEN for August as a Director WOO HOO!

I'm pulling and praying for you too Becky!

pamperedbecky said:
Yep, I hear ya, Deb. How frustrating! We are in a very similar boat. I've already decided to get my LCPC license renewed and I would have done it even if my business was stronger than ever, but it's meaning more and more to me to get all my CEUs done so I can get my license renewed and keep that option open if I ever decide to go back into that field. For the first time ever since I quit my "previous life" job, it's sounding kind of appealing and exciting. I don't think I'd jump back in anytime soon (the next couple years) but it'll be nice to just have that option some day.I hope Brendan's surgery goes well. That's stressful in and of itself, I know. Uggg. Why can't life just be easier sometimes?:D
We're having it done at UIC, so I know he's in good hands, but I just don't know what to expect post-op in terms of his pain, going to school, etc, so I haven't scheduled any shows for that last week in September (surgery is Sept 20th). He'll be in a long arm cast for up to 6 weeks again and then we get to do PT yet AGAIN. That and driving to/from UIC for the doctor appointments (we've been up there three times now, then he has a post-op appt at one week) really suck up a lot of time! And my mind isn't as sharp as it once was so I actually find it kind of distracting to try to make business calls while driving on the Dan Ryan LOL!

bethcooks4u said:
You still have hope. Sometimes it takes several steps to update your whole team. I wish mine would too so I knew she made it in time - when I went to bed her show wasn't in but I woke up to a text that it was, I just don't know for sure it was before 12 central. Ugg.

ETA: Just rechecked again and I'm GREEN for August as a Director WOO HOO!

I'm pulling and praying for you too Becky!

GREAT BETH!! I'm glad you're green. :)

I'll be crossing my fingers it updates more and shows another SC for me! Thanks!

DebbieJ said:
We're having it done at UIC, so I know he's in good hands, but I just don't know what to expect post-op in terms of his pain, going to school, etc, so I haven't scheduled any shows for that last week in September (surgery is Sept 20th). He'll be in a long arm cast for up to 6 weeks again and then we get to do PT yet AGAIN. That and driving to/from UIC for the doctor appointments (we've been up there three times now, then he has a post-op appt at one week) really suck up a lot of time! And my mind isn't as sharp as it once was so I actually find it kind of distracting to try to make business calls while driving on the Dan Ryan LOL!

Yeah, really - be careful on the Dan Ryan! :D That's a good plan not to schedule any shows the week after. You can use any extra time you have to close out other September shows and maybe any catalog shows. Poor guy. PT is so time consuming, as you know. I hope this surgery is a huge success. Thank goodness there are good hospitals like that around here.

One thing I completely appreciate about this job is the flexibility. So, when he needs you to just sit on the couch with him or in bed with him (as much as you can with a 1 year old crawling around), you're able to do that because you've got the kind of job that is flexible and allows you to be home for this without missing pay or using up sick time at another job. I know I felt that way when Meena had her tonsils/adenoids/ear tubes surgery. ALL I did was sit on the couch for a week. Sure, I could have made better use of my time by making phone calls etc, but I was just so thankful I could be there for her that I didn't really care. At least you have that.:)

GOOD LUCK!

Congrats Beth!

Becky I'm sorry your 2nd line isn't showing up. :(

Debbie, I hope his surgery & procedure go easy for you both!

I ended up with 7 of the 9 lines active & 3 of the 4 SC lines active. One of the two SC line who I can always count on to be active wasn't this month! That's crazy!!! And the two iffy SC lines were both active. So weird. I barely made $1,250 and had to put a post on FB to get there! But the team pulled through in the final hour and bumped us up to $13,672.24 in Team Sales. I wasn't expecting it to be that high this month with my sales down.

Deb, keep us posted on his surgery. Not much fun when your little ones are the ones having surgery.

Beth, so glad they came through! It is just imparitive that you have a strong team as each person promotes. I had 2 strong ones promote at the same time but 1 is not so strong. It's a mess and I am just worried about my finances.

I really don't think this is a wait and see kind of business. I am in contact with my team every month and I know up front which one will be active...because I ASK them. I've done this since the beginning of my directorship and have not missed my paid as level once (over 14 months)

I was not a director in the "old" plan but this month my commission is over $2300 and on the average is $1800 and $2000 each month.

It is my job to stay in contact with my team... I have to EARN those overrides each month. They have learned to expect me to contact them each month and they know I will be checking on how their shows are going.

pt35115 said:
I really don't think this is a wait and see kind of business. I am in contact with my team every month and I know up front which one will be active...because I ASK them. I've done this since the beginning of my directorship and have not missed my paid as level once (over 14 months)

I was not a director in the "old" plan but this month my commission is over $2300 and on the average is $1800 and $2000 each month.

It is my job to stay in contact with my team... I have to EARN those overrides each month. They have learned to expect me to contact them each month and they know I will be checking on how their shows are going.

Yeah, I don't think any of us are "wait and see" directors - I know they exist just not among those posting on this thread. The group that posts on here are very active with our teams but have to deal with them not returning our calls, emails and attempts at contact.

I call and email my team several times a month and I take care to NOT wait for the end of the month as I don't want them to perceive that it's all about me. I call them well before the 15th and other deadlines to remind them not to miss out on promotions, etc. etc. But if they never call back you're never sure until the numbers come in.

Sorry but I took offense at this post - not just for me but for the others too.

bethcooks4u said:
Yeah, I don't think any of us are "wait and see" directors - I know they exist just not among those posting on this thread. The group that posts on here are very active with our teams but have to deal with them not returning our calls, emails and attempts at contact.

I call and email my team several times a month and I take care to NOT wait for the end of the month as I don't want them to perceive that it's all about me. I call them well before the 15th and other deadlines to remind them not to miss out on promotions, etc. etc. But if they never call back you're never sure until the numbers come in.

I'm with Beth. Most of us are not just sitting around watching the numbers and not trying to communicate with our team members. For me, I contact my team and they don't respond. How long can I keep calling and calling before going crazy???

So the idea is to get a new team. Working on that. :)

DebbieJ said:
I'm with Beth. Most of us are not just sitting around watching the numbers and not trying to communicate with our team members. For me, I contact my team and they don't respond. How long can I keep calling and calling before going crazy???

So the idea is to get a new team. Working on that. :)

My thoughts exactly! The ones who respond to me are the ones doing well - not a huge surprise. They're the ones I don't have to worry about. I know they're working their businesses. Sure, they're having some slumps just like a lot of us, but they're working to try to get it back up to speed.

Great responses ladies. I took offense to her post as well, Beth. I don't have anything positive to add here. I am so grateful that you guys share so openly what you are going through. I know that I can relate to you and your experiences. Good luck to everyone this fall!

pt35115 said:

I hear what you're saying and I agree - we have to earn our overrides. On the other hand, when we ARE putting in our time with our consultants and NOT getting overrides, that's frustrating too. It takes a lot of work. Maybe I'm just not the best at balancing all aspects of the biz, but I feel at times that my time spent supporting/training/whatever my consultants does take away from my personal biz. For me, the most frequent culprit for me not getting "paid as" a Director is that SC requirement.

I've been a director for 5 1/2 years so I've experienced both the old plan and the current career plan. Only until the past few months have I not been paid as a director. Up until then, I had a strong team and I feel I've been a strong Director. Unfortunately the shortcomings in my team's performance are also coinciding with my personal thoughts on where I want to take my own business - or not. I wish the timing were different, that's for sure!

I think there is just so much you can do to push a rope--I coach it seems like every day.

I had heard that the Canadian upper level consultants had to have 2 SC's to get their upper level commissions (even with their Directors in place). That would put a big hurt in some other upper-middle Director levels and would probably prompt a second look from HO....not sure why Director Level is being targeted as the only level to hold the SC's? I agree that we are the ones being put on the spot.At this time I am doing ok. I do NOT think that I am doing anything differently than any of you -- I know many of you personally and I know that we think alike and do the same things -- I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth and am just thanking God every day that things are going in the right direction.I have 12 lines and 8 were active in August, 4 SC lines and we have $15,000 - $18,000 in monthly team sales. We have done a total of $111,000 in team sales so far this year. My organization recruited 15 so far this year (5 were my personal recruits). I am praying daily to keep my Director structure and will add all of you to those prayers -- hugs to all of you who are going thru such an awful time. I feel for you and it's so sad to read all of the bad times that you are having....{{{HUGS}}}!!!

Wow -- somethin's goin' on....just opened the Sept CN online and opened the Aug CN in another tab -- compared Organizational Sales for the top 20 on both and GEEZ! What a huge drop in sales for only 1 month!

Hope it's not a trend!! :pray:

Chef Kearns said:
Great responses ladies. I took offense to her post as well, Beth. I don't have anything positive to add here. I am so grateful that you guys share so openly what you are going through. I know that I can relate to you and your experiences. Good luck to everyone this fall!
I am so with Sandra on this one! I know alot of us have struggles (or still are) with the business since the changes. And life certainly does have a way of getting in the way. But we all know this is a biz that has ups and downs and our willingness to ride with them is the key. And quite honestly, some of the (seeming) gloating on here over the last few months is getting a bit annoying. If you have figured out how to make this new plan work, please DO share your ideas! But for those of us for whom life has gotten in the way, AND who have FAR more time in this biz, it's just plain annoying at this point. Perhaps I only speak for myself (and at least one or two others) on this one, but I'm not so good at holding my tongue past a point.I'm not even going into my stance on everything with my biz right now. But for the first time EVER, I am seriously contemplating whether I really do want to continue or not. I hate even typing that! I want my OLD business back! LOL!OK, my vent is done. I do hope you all get your grooves back (me too!) and we all kick ass the rest of the year!

Debi said:
I am so with Sandra on this one! I know alot of us have struggles (or still are) with the business since the changes. And life certainly does have a way of getting in the way. But we all know this is a biz that has ebbs and lows and our willingness to ride with them is the key. And quite honestly, some of the (seeming) gloating on here over the last few months is getting a bit annoying. If you have figured out how to make this new plan work, please DO share your ideas! But for those of us for whom life has gotten in the way, AND who have FAR more time in this biz, it's just plain annoying at this point. Perhaps I only speak for myself (and at least one or two others) on this one, but I'm not so good at holding my tongue past a point.

I'm not even going into my stance on everything with my biz right now. But for the first time EVER, I am seriously contemplating whether I really do want to continue or not. I hate even typing that! I want my OLD business back! LOL!

OK, my vent is done. I do hope you all get your grooves back (me too!) and we all kick ass the rest of the year!

Hang in there, Debi!! I know things have been REALLY tough for you lately. :( I truly hope things start looking up for you...in many ways!!

((HUGS)) for Debi!!!!!!!

Debi said:
If you have figured out how to make this new plan work, please DO share your ideas!

HUGS Debi!!!! :)

I know for me, even with July & Aug being crap months for me personally (because I was lazy... there's no other reason!), and I've been working really hard in 2010. I decided early on that this would be my year of recruiting. That's been my focus. I also started going back to holding a monthly meeting.

After the new career plan kicked in, I was on the TL/D rollercoaster for a year. Finally, this spring, when I repromoted once again, I've stayed a D.

I think the biggest change for me personally was to work on my personal biz first and foremost. Since PC is my main income and I don't have a spouse's income to rely on, I know what I have to do each month without getting in trouble. I'm sure that's been one of my biggest motivators!!!!

I've taken a HUGE step back from micromanaging my team. If they want me, they can come to the monthly meeting or call me. I don't call them. I do coaching calls with the one (used to be 2) who want them. They get a weekly e-mail from me every Monday morning. I've gotten over listening to their lip service and empty promises. Whatever I get in overrides is a bonus.

What's funny is that when I *let all of that go* (the micromanaging, etc), I haven't demoted to TL. I've stay on the D track for 6 months now. I've only recruited 5 new people personally this year. All have qualified (except the one who returned her kit the same day she got it and I'm not counting her). My team has recruited 5.

So I'm not sure what I'm doing that works... and I'm not sure even if it works!!! I honestly hope I'm not gloating because that's not my intention!

I guess the other thing is that I've been through a lot of job restructuring in my life. It happens. And it can suck. It is what it is. It's not going to change or go back to the old way. When they first announced the new career plan I didn't know what to think and I didn't really waste my time on it. It was here and it was here to stay so I embraced it. I haven't gone back and run the numbers compared to the old plan because what's the point? We can spend our days comparing and comparing and lamenting over *what could have been* but in the end it doesn't matter. The plan is what it is. The change was also made a year and a half ago... I'm sometimes surprised how hard people are still holding on to it. I don't mean any offense there, I'm just a move-on kind of girl when it comes to any kind of change.

So I guess I don't have any answers to offer... just my thoughts on this hot & humid sticky morning here!

I love all of you ladies SO MUCH and it breaks my heart to hear you down and frustrated and even worse, contemplating leaving PC. I would miss you so much!!!!! You've been so inspirational to me, listened when I've needed it, and I would miss our overall general sharing!!!!

Hopefully now that September is here, things will start picking up for everyone! HUGS!!!!!! :candyheart:

bethcooks4u said:

Double triple ditto. I know these ladies on here are always in contact with their teams, looking for ways to make meetings more enticing, offering TEAM incentives, new consultant training over and above a monthly meeting,... the list can go on.
Honestly I think what we are experiencing right now is an end of summer slump... not necessarily for ourselves but for our teams.
I know my TEAM sales were down about 5k this month. I still had 10 first generation active members and 8 2nd generation. Everyone's sales were just lower. And those who typically struggle were not active at all this month.
I also noticed that trend in the Sept CN- the top 20 in sales were not ginormously high.
Anyhoo... I did not make AD this month or last month. I am just glad I have senior consultants on my team. I anticipate making it this month AND promoting another 1st generation director by Dec 1. Let's all stay positive ladies.:)
And hugs to everyone who took a hit this month.

Awesome! Congratulations Becky!It is totally about numbers. The more people we have on own teams the less we have to depend on the hobbyists. We all know this. I know if you WANT it you can make it happen. If you are already at the point that you aren't sure if you want it...and that's where I think the most frustrated among us are. Is the effort worth the reward?

Here's how I see it: Managing a team is the same as rasing kids. :p

Some of us breastfeed, some of us don't. Some of us co-sleep, some of us don't. What works for one Mom, may not work for the next Mom. And what worked for each mother's first child, doesn't always work for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th child. We have to adapt to the various personalities and do what works for us and for the individual child.

All humans (children and adults alike) have something that they value most. I call that "money". For a 2 year old, their "money" might be their ball. At 6, they probably care more about their ability to go to sleep-overs. In Jr high it's probably their school's extra-curricular activities. And you can pretty much guarantee by the age of 16 their "money" is usually the keys to the car!!! As a child grows, their wants & desires from life change. As adults, we don't change as much, but we do change. What we may have wanted last month or last year is not always the same as what we want today.

Some of us need the approval of others to succeed and be happy. Some of us just make a game out of life, constantly trying to out-do our last accomplishment and we couldn't care less if anyone else notices or not, because we are happy with ourself! And then you have the Teachers who love to share their knowledge ... and it's okay if a handful of the kids in the class are rolling their eyes at today's lesson, because if only ONE child in your room has an "ah-ha" moment ... it was all worthwhile.

The point to all of that was, that various leaders succeed using various methods. There is no "right" or "wrong" method. Each of us has to find the right combination that works for us and our team.

As a parent, I feel that it's my job to teach my children to become independent, self supportive, happy adults. I have the same outlook on PC. For the ones who say "thanks, but I've got it from here", I give them the benefit of the doubt ... letting them know that I'm here to answer ANY questions that they might have. If they stumble and fall, I'll be here to help them get back up. If they take off running and never look back, I can pat myself on the back for a job well done! :D I also have the ones who like to keep in constant contact with me and I acutally think it's fun to talk to them and hear the excitement in their voice over their accomplishments.

Keeping in mind that no one method is RIGHT for everyone, here's what I do: I don't like to micro manage. I tell my downline that I'm their mentor, not their boss. I'd love to see each & every one of them excel, but it's their business and ultimately their decision to make it or not make it as a consultant. I do everything that I can to give them adequate training & see that they are off to a good start. Like I said previously, some really like to talk to me on a regular basis, other's I never hear from unless they have a question. No two people are alike so I try to respect that what one consultant wants from me (weekly phone calls to check in) isn't always what another one wants.

I do send out friendly reminder e-mails if I notice that they are close to earning something to make sure that they are aware how close they are. I don't want any of them to feel pressured to perform, but I don't want them to miss out on something & then figure out how close they were to getting it. So far, they all seem to like that.

I also offered extra incentives this year and some are striving really hard to achieve them. So even if they don't make it to Toronto, I have 2 who have already earned gift cards from me personally (I've been saving the activity bonuses to pay them at the end of the year) and I have a couple more close to earning gift cards from me.

Prior to moving to Tokyo, I started a private group for just my downline where I can post accomplishments. It has really been a great motivation! Some do better, so they can see their name get higher on the list. If it motivates just ONE of them to make sure & be "active" so their name won't be ommitted from the "look who's green" list, then it's worth it! And what if it encourages someone to get off their duff & recruit because they saw that _____ just got 3 recruits in the last 2 months? ;)

It's only been a year since my 1st recruit signed. I have one currently backing out due to a complicated pregnancy. She'll be my first drop-off. And I have 2 that are currently inactive. But the other 16 girls on the team seem to be motivated to keep their career sales. Most stay active on a regular basis and I have a handful who are adamant about not only making money with PC but promoting as well.

In the year since recruit #1 signed, I've never been "paid as" a lower level.

I really hope those of you who have lost your motivation and/or have hit a rough patch will find the right combination to help motivate the current team members and/or find a new downline who will be motivated to keep active and promote! ;) Here's a thought ... you were just in a flash flood. Now you are out in the water. What do you do? You can panic & wear yourself out really quickly ... or you can quickly devise a plan of attack for how to escape this disaster. Once the storm has passed & you are safely back on dry land, take a moment to sit down and look back on your accomplishment ... oh and of course enjoy the beauty of the rainbow that will emerge after that crazy a$$ storm that caused you to be treading water in the first place! :p

finley1991 said:
HUGS Debi!!!! :)

I know for me, even with July & Aug being crap months for me personally (because I was lazy... there's no other reason!), and I've been working really hard in 2010. I decided early on that this would be my year of recruiting. That's been my focus. I also started going back to holding a monthly meeting.

After the new career plan kicked in, I was on the TL/D rollercoaster for a year. Finally, this spring, when I repromoted once again, I've stayed a D.

I think the biggest change for me personally was to work on my personal biz first and foremost. Since PC is my main income and I don't have a spouse's income to rely on, I know what I have to do each month without getting in trouble. I'm sure that's been one of my biggest motivators!!!!

I've taken a HUGE step back from micromanaging my team. If they want me, they can come to the monthly meeting or call me. I don't call them. I do coaching calls with the one (used to be 2) who want them. They get a weekly e-mail from me every Monday morning. I've gotten over listening to their lip service and empty promises. Whatever I get in overrides is a bonus.

What's funny is that when I *let all of that go* (the micromanaging, etc), I haven't demoted to TL. I've stay on the D track for 6 months now. I've only recruited 5 new people personally this year. All have qualified (except the one who returned her kit the same day she got it and I'm not counting her). My team has recruited 5.

So I'm not sure what I'm doing that works... and I'm not sure even if it works!!! I honestly hope I'm not gloating because that's not my intention!

I guess the other thing is that I've been through a lot of job restructuring in my life. It happens. And it can suck. It is what it is. It's not going to change or go back to the old way. When they first announced the new career plan I didn't know what to think and I didn't really waste my time on it. It was here and it was here to stay so I embraced it. I haven't gone back and run the numbers compared to the old plan because what's the point? We can spend our days comparing and comparing and lamenting over *what could have been* but in the end it doesn't matter. The plan is what it is. The change was also made a year and a half ago... I'm sometimes surprised how hard people are still holding on to it. I don't mean any offense there, I'm just a move-on kind of girl when it comes to any kind of change.

So I guess I don't have any answers to offer... just my thoughts on this hot & humid sticky morning here!

I love all of you ladies SO MUCH and it breaks my heart to hear you down and frustrated and even worse, contemplating leaving PC. I would miss you so much!!!!! You've been so inspirational to me, listened when I've needed it, and I would miss our overall general sharing!!!!

Hopefully now that September is here, things will start picking up for everyone! HUGS!!!!!! :candyheart:

Colleen, I think this post makes it completely clear WHY you are maintaining Directorship! Congrats to you and THANK YOU for sharing what you're doing that is working for you!!!! Not an ounce of gloat in here if you ask me. You are talking like a leader! Colleen, YOU encourage ME!!!! THANK YOU!!!! And (((HUGS)))!!!!

1. What do I do if my recruits don't submit their sales in time for me to qualify as a Director?

If your recruits don't submit their sales in time for you to qualify as a Director, you can reach out to them and offer to put a show in under their name. Explain to them why it's important for you to qualify as a Director and offer to let them keep the commission for the show. However, keep in mind that it's ultimately up to your recruits to submit their sales in a timely manner.

2. How should I handle a recruit who isn't submitting their sales?

If you have a recruit who isn't submitting their sales, try reaching out to them and reminding them of the deadline. You can also offer to help them with their sales or provide them with any resources or tips that may be helpful. However, remember that it's ultimately their responsibility to submit their sales.

3. What if my recruit hangs up on me when I try to talk to them about submitting their sales?

If your recruit hangs up on you when you try to talk to them about submitting their sales, try reaching out to them again and offering to have a conversation in person or over email. If they continue to be unresponsive, it may be best to focus on other recruits who are more willing to work with you.

4. How can I handle a situation where a recruit's family member is causing issues?

If a recruit's family member is causing issues, it's important to handle the situation with professionalism and understanding. Try reaching out to the family member and addressing their concerns or issues directly. If the situation persists, it may be best to focus on other recruits who are more willing to work with you.

5. What are my options if I don't have a Director for the month due to recruiting difficulties?

If you don't have a Director for the month due to recruiting difficulties, don't be too hard on yourself. Recruiting can be challenging and it's important to remember that it's not always in your control. Take this as a learning experience and focus on building strong relationships with your recruits for future success. Additionally, you can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and advice on how to improve your recruiting strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Nanisu