• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Objection (Before We Even Start!)

In summary, her friends are coming to the show but won't be buying anything, and only one of her guests has been to a PC show before all the others will be complete newbies.
janej76
Silver Member
I have my 5th show this Friday. I've host coached her the same as everyone else, she has between 8 and 12 guests coming. Brilliant, should be a great show...

Except, all her friends have told her they're coming but won't be buying anything. Oh, and only one of her guests has been to a PC show before all the others will be complete newbies.

Does anyone have any advice to help me ensure the show at least qualifies??!!

I'm sure that you'll just WOW them with our products and have a FABULOUS show. They obviously don't know what a great opportunity their friend is giving them.

I wouldn't worry about it if they are newbies! They have no idea what they are about to experience!:thumbup:
Actually sounds like it could be fun.:D

Some people just amaze me! I do not think I have ever been to a home show and not ordered anything. Even if it is a small inexpensive item, I still order something! I feel I owe that to the host and consultant for coming to the party! Of course now as a consultant, I try to spend more if possible b/c I know how it feels to not have good sales. If I know I am not going to buy, I do not attend. Just like I did for a Home Interior shows Sunday.

I've viewed all my shows as if they will be fun. And my host (despite having never been to a show herself!) is an enthusiastic one. Just worried that she will have a big crowd of people coming just for the wine... I just don't want to have a really fun show, with lots of enthusiastic guests, only to end up with no orders! I guess I just have to show them how their lives will be better with a sprinkling of Pampered Chef-ness!

i agree. most of my "newbies" spend atleast $100 on their own. my best show (besides my fundraiser) actually was a group of newbies. it ended up being almost an $800 show. try a recipe that features alot of products so the guests can see all that PC has to offer...

thecougchef said:
most of my "newbies" spend atleast $100 on their own.

Can u send me some of your newbies!?:D

jrstephens said:
Can u send me some of your newbies!?:D

no way! i cant afford to lose them. :p;)

I wouldn't worry too much. I went to my directors show and a woman showed up late, sat down and made it clear she wasn't here to order and was only here for "support" (whatever that means). Either way she ordered over 100.00 worth of products and showed interest in the business opportunity. Once everyone gets into the show I'm sure you will see some people open up more.

Maybe ask why they aren't interested in buying. If it is because they don't cook, talk about the SA and stoneware, if it because they don't entertain then talk to them about the knives and cookware. Ask if they bbq with friends and talk about the bbq stuff. If they seem totally uninterested then talk about some of the gadgets. For some people it is the gadgets that pull them in. I never had interest in the cookware or even the SA until I started using some of the gadgets like the can opener, scrapers, measure all cups, food chopper and then I saw how good those were and was drawn to everything else. Sometimes people are looking for an inexpensive tester and it prooves its quality to them and they are drawn to everything else. Haven't you ever been to a home show and thought, "man I wish I would have bought that." If it is because of money talk about becomming a consultant ;)

If they are drinking wine, start with the Wine Bottle Opener and then move on to the Dripless Pourer/Stopper. Then, "charm" them with those Drink Charms in the book, and the Dots Stemware.
I would also use that "one" person who was at a PC show to help you sell by asking her favorite item/items and why she likes them.

I generally open all my shows by telling the guests that it's important to me they don't buy anything that they aren't going to use. I started doing this after reading a great post here last year. I've found it relaxes folks, which in turn makes them more opened minded....and they end up buying anyway.

legacypc46 said:
I generally open all my shows by telling the guests that it's important to me they don't buy anything that they aren't going to use. I started doing this after reading a great post here last year. I've found it relaxes folks, which in turn makes them more opened minded....and they end up buying anyway.
If you read Doris Christopher's book, that is her philosophy too. She is such an inspiring woman!

If a bunch of them are newbies, make sure you explain the check out process...that they should come see you one by one. Maybe coach your host to be your first check out person so others will follow her lead.

Focus on FUN , FREE (hosting) and how the tools will save them time. WHY they need them. Ask the hosts what kind of cooks they are and FOCUS on THEM and their cooking styles. Then they will buy! Be FUN, and they'll have FUN.

Get the products in their hands and they will want them!

I'm not sure about anyone else, but it seems to me that shows that don't get a lot of sales, get a lot of bookings. And vice versa. So, maybe they will decide they want everything, but want to host because they can't afford it all at full price!

legacypc46 said:

that's great. Because I kind of do this all ready (I'm brilliant and didn't even know it ;) ).

I always tell them about the first show I did where I had a lady there who had loads of PC products at the back of her cupboard. So I wouldn't let her buy anything else until she used what she already had. I emailed her a ton of recipes to use with her existing products (I noted down what she had). She emailed me back a lovely note about how she had tried them all out on the weekend, and was converted! Her friend's hosting a show next week and she's already ordered what she wants.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the advice, it's really helpful. I'm doing the show on my knees around a coffee table, so it will have to be fairly informal anyway. I think I'll do an icebreaker game (I normally just ask them what sort of cooks they are). Need to think of something that involves my kit products maybe, so they get feeling them from the start!

Hey Jane, I just have to ask, where in West Yorkshire are you? I'm from Beverley (near Hull), but have lived in the states for th last 11 years. Got to run, my littlest one just woke up... I'll be back later!

janej76 said:
Thanks for all the advice, it's really helpful. I'm doing the show on my knees around a coffee table, so it will have to be fairly informal anyway. I think I'll do an icebreaker game (I normally just ask them what sort of cooks they are). Need to think of something that involves my kit products maybe, so they get feeling them from the start!

I've done shows on my knees around a coffee table! Once, I even demo'd a Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake that way!

AnnieBee said:
Hey Jane, I just have to ask, where in West Yorkshire are you? I'm from Beverley (near Hull), but have lived in the states for th last 11 years. Got to run, my littlest one just woke up... I'll be back later!

I'm in Huddersfield, greetings from grey Yorkshire! :cheerleader:

Small world, eh?

Maybe this would be more counter-productive to having a high-dollar show, but one thing I noticed when I first started going through my kit was that the Fall catalog had over 170 items that are $15 or under. So for those who may think Pampered Chef is just way too expensive (and aren't willing to host to earn for FREE), maybe a tidbit like that would be a good starter. "Christmas is coming- and The Pampered Chef catalog has over 170 products for under $15 that would make great Christmas gifts! *hint hint* " I don't know- I'm not experienced yet, but as a 10+ year customer, that would make me recheck the catalog. But the other posts are right, once they see products in use and the quality, they may change their mind. Maybe they just wanted their host/friend to not have high hopes. Be sure to post back how the show turns out! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I've done shows on my knees around a coffee table! Once, I even demo'd a Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake that way!

Just did Microwave White Chicken Chili that way last Friday!

Greetings to grey Huddersfield! Just be glad you won't be here in the winter, which will last for 5 months, and be freezing. Actually, well below freezing!

I think I would also really promote the quality and really good design. I know that PC is no where near as well known in the UK, but over here it is known by most people for it's high quality, well-designed and long lasting products. I have people tell me about things that they've had for 15 years that are still going strong. I think in the UK they see the prices and are a bit shocked, but if you can sell them on the fact that you won't be replacing the items after a year, then that will help - oh, and be sure to talk about the warranties.

I know my family (who I've tried to get to have cat. shows!) are not super enthusiastic. I'm hoping that once they've used the products they will realise just how good they are.

Last edited:
AnnieBee said:
I think I would also really promote the quality and really good design. I know that PC is no where near as well known in the UK, but over here it is known by most people for it's high quality, well-designed and long lasting products. I have people tell me about things that they've had for 15 years that are still going strong. I think in the UK they see the prices and are a bit shocked, but if you can sell them on the fact that you won't be replacing the items after a year, then that will help - oh, and be sure to talk about the warranties.

That's very true. I've started using the phrasing, "Like Williams-Sonoma, but you get to play with the tools first."

AnnieBee said:
Greetings to grey Huddersfield! Just be glad you won't be here in the winter, which will lsat for 5 months, and be freezing. Actually, well below freezing!

I know my family (who I've tried to get to have cat. shows!) are not super enthusiastic. I'm hoping that once they've used the products they will realise just how good they are.

We have GUARANTEES, not warranties.

Oops! Thanks Debbie :)

AnnieBee said:
Greetings to grey Huddersfield! Just be glad you won't be here in the winter, which will lsat for 5 months, and be freezing. Actually, well below freezing!

Are they in Yorkshire? I'm happy to travel if they'd like a show! :cool:

esavvymom said:
Maybe this would be more counter-productive to having a high-dollar show, but one thing I noticed when I first started going through my kit was that the Fall catalog had over 170 items that are $15 or under. So for those who may think Pampered Chef is just way too expensive (and aren't willing to host to earn for FREE), maybe a tidbit like that would be a good starter.

"Christmas is coming- and The Pampered Chef catalog has over 170 products for under $15 that would make great Christmas gifts! *hint hint* "

I don't know- I'm not experienced yet, but as a 10+ year customer, that would make me recheck the catalog. But the other posts are right, once they see products in use and the quality, they may change their mind. Maybe they just wanted their host/friend to not have high hopes. Be sure to post back how the show turns out! :)

That's so true! I think I'm going to write up some new intro notes. Rather than my usual starting, I think I'm going to use some of these points in there too.

I'll definitely let you know how I get on. The host is a potential recruit lead too!

janej76 said:
Are they in Yorkshire? I'm happy to travel if they'd like a show! :cool:

East Yorkshire and London. My Mum and oldest sister are all near Beverley/Hull. I doubt they'll ever want to have show, but if they do I'll be sure to let you know! :)

I hope this show turns out really well for you - be sure to let us know how it goes.

Another thing to mention is how well designed kitchen tools make it quicker and easier to cook. Especially for most people who don't like to do a lot of cutting/chopping, the food chopper and mandoline are great (or the crinkle cutter for a cheaper example), and for those who already cook, the knives are really a good investment. High quality, super sharp and will last forever.

Also, I just love the garlic press for being able to use fresh garlic without getting my hands smelling of garlic for a week, and the microplane, I just love, love, love it. Those are great items for people who don't want to spend alot. Make sure you have someone use the microplane and the knives!

I didn't think it was possible for this show to be worse than I imagined. But it was. My (lovely) host didn't remind anyone to come. So we had two guests. Then half-way through another one arrived. I took one order for £40. One of the other guests says she might make an order, but is going on holiday tomorrow, so will post it through hosts door tonight. She needs to check with her husband.The host "hadn't had chance" to look through and decide what to buy. Seems unlikely the show will even qualify. I knew it. the host just wasn't motivated. I tried coaching, but she wasn't very receptive. Every time I mentioned the points/half-price/bonus etc. she just said "oh we won't qualify so I won't get anything"... "people won't buy anything". I think this is what we call a self-fulfilling-prophesy.I suppose everyone has poor shows. I'm a bit upset about it actually. I love this job so much, but I can't deal with shows like this every week. It was a late starting (after 8.30) show, so it is a late finish too. And for what? No commission, no happy host, one booking, date NOT confirmed...Oh, and I dont' want to work Fridays, but changed it as the host thought more people would come if it was on a Friday rather than the thursday we originally booked...

Sorry to hear your show didn't go well :( I've had 2 people cancel on me in the last 48 hrs, so I know the feeling.

Hathery said:
Sorry to hear your show didn't go well :( I've had 2 people cancel on me in the last 48 hrs, so I know the feeling.

Thanks! Just reread my post - I sound miserable don't I??!!

I've had a couple of other disappointments this weekend too, but I'm carrying on the best I can. That's all we can do right?

Keep on going :)

You too :)

ChefBeckyD said:

Been there done that too! lol:chef:

heat123 said:
Been there done that too! lol:chef:
HA! I just booked a show tonight with the same host that I did the Cake for around the coffee table. (she has a very small apt. with a galley kitchen, and a dining area just big enough for a small table) This time she wants a Power Cooking Show! This is going to be fun around the coffee table in her living room!:D:thumbup:

my host had stone floors...

janej76 said:
my host had stone floors...

Ouch!:eek:

(it wasn't a castle was it? Hee Hee - sorry, couldn't resist!:D)

I just have to wonder why people have these parties if they dont want to?

I was wondering that too. If a hosts says, "oh we won't qualify so I won't get anything"... "people won't buy anything". WHY HAVE A SHOW? I probably would have said (as politely as possible) "I love bookings and am excited to do your show, but may I ask why exactly are you having a show?". This is a (2nd) job for me and I do it for the enjoyment, BUT also to make money. I would be so PO'd to go through all that trouble and sacrifice of time to make nothing. I'm sorry this happened to you. It happened to me also last year. I drove 1 1/2 hours for a show with a $20 order.

No it wasn't a castle. We might live in the UK, but we don't all live in castles ;)Jessica & Melanie, I absolutely agree why host and then have a negative attitude towards the hosting responsibilities. I think that in this host's case, she really liked the idea of Pampered Chef, and loved the products. She would have been a great high spending guest at a show. I got talking to her at the toddler craft group she ran, but she'd never been to a show. Once the reality of organising it hit, she probably wished she'd never agree. The end result was that she paid full price for her products, and I put an outside order on that my director gave me. So the show did qualify, and she did get some freebies. She's happy enough. The really good news was that the one paying guest told all their friends what a great party it was, how they'd missed out etc. And she wants to host a show so they can see what they missed. So that may turn out to be a fab show. Which would mean this cr***y one was worth it after all!!

janej76 said:
So that may turn out to be a fab show. Which would mean this cr***y one was worth it after all!!

Way to turn that lemon into lemonade! :)

1. How do I handle guests who say they won't be buying anything before the show even starts?

It's important to remember that people's initial objections are often just a defense mechanism. They may not want to feel pressured into buying something, so they say they won't be purchasing anything. The best way to handle this is to keep the focus on the experience of the show and the benefits of the products, rather than just the sales. Show them how the products can make their lives easier and more enjoyable. Also, be sure to let them know that there is no pressure to buy and that they can simply come and enjoy the show if they'd like.

2. How can I make sure my show still qualifies if most of the guests are new to Pampered Chef?

First, make sure you have a solid host coaching plan in place to help your host get as many RSVPs as possible. This will increase the chances of having more guests who are familiar with the products. Additionally, focus on creating a fun and interactive atmosphere during the show. Encourage guests to participate in demonstrations and ask questions. This will help them see the value and benefits of the products, even if they are new to Pampered Chef. Also, be sure to have plenty of catalogs and order forms on hand for guests to take home and browse through.

3. How can I engage guests who have never been to a Pampered Chef show before?

One great way to engage new guests is to make the show interactive and fun. Encourage them to participate in demonstrations and ask questions. You can also have them try out the products themselves, such as using a knife to chop vegetables or trying out a kitchen gadget. This will help them see the value and benefits of the products firsthand. Also, be sure to share your personal experiences and stories with the products to show them how they have made a difference in your life.

4. How can I overcome objections without being pushy?

The key to overcoming objections without being pushy is to focus on the benefits and value of the products, rather than just the sales. Show your guests how the products can make their lives easier, save them time, and improve the quality of their cooking. Also, assure them that there is no pressure to buy and that you are simply sharing the products because you believe in them. Lastly, be a good listener and address any concerns or objections they may have with patience and understanding.

5. What can I do to ensure my show still qualifies with guests who say they won't be buying anything?

First, make sure you have a solid host coaching plan in place to help your host get as many RSVPs as possible. This will increase the chances of having more guests who are interested in purchasing products. During the show, focus on creating a fun and interactive atmosphere and showcase the value and benefits of the products. You can also offer incentives or special deals for guests who do decide to make a purchase. Lastly, be sure to follow up with guests after the show to thank them for attending and remind them of any deals or incentives that are still available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LBurke
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef