• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Freaking Out About the Weather!

In summary, the host is concerned about the weather and the guests. The guests are either local or have drive a short distance. The host is optimistic and is looking forward to her show.
Jessamary
I have a show tomorrow night that is supposed to be huge. About 25 people for sure coming, plus a couple of stragglers. I'm super pumped about this because I'm so close to level 2 for the kitchen electronics.

But the weather predicted tomorrow is rain, then rain/ice mix, then ice, then snow -- starting at noon. :( It's supposed to be ice by 4 or 5 and then snow after that. My show is at 6:30. Now, it's not too far...maybe 8 or 10 miles. I can make it. It's the guests I worry about.

Do you guys have any experience with the "show that must go on" during inclement weather? How do the guests handle it? Most of my hosts guests are pretty local (under a mile to her house), but my stomach is in knots thinking about all this!

I'm just praying away here! It's not so much the kitchen electronics that motivates me as it is how much work I know this host has done to get so many people committed to coming! (She had over 70 invitations on the web site ALONE!)

I've ran into a couple situations like this. It really does all depend on your guests. I had one show that went on and luckily the host had invited a bunch of her neighbors, they were the only ones that showed up. I had one cancel two weeks ago but she rescheduled for the following weekend. Ended up being a $1170 party! You just never know!

Yep, it depends on the guests (and the host). I had a show in the middle of a thunderstorm. We knew it was coming before the show started, power went out during the show... it was a blast - most guests (and me) were neighbors but those that weren't came too and we just partied and hunkered down until it was over listening to trees fall in the neighborhood. They said that something could happen if they were home or there so why not have fun! We were all safe.

I've also had hosts who have cancelled in the morning because the report was that we MIGHT have weather that night.

If she cancels, you could use that time to make calls and have an "storm sale" to try to get the sales you need (offer a discount or something free - but watch that you don't spend more than the incentive is worth to get those sales). Have the host call those that would have come to see if she can get a catalog show put together quick and then reschedule her cooking show to March and the new catalog (make sure you book her off herself so she can double dip the host special).

Go with the flow. It's disappointing to miss an incentive but that's an unfortunate part of this kind of business.

IF for some reason the show cancels due to weather talk to the host first and reschedule on the spot! This way when she calls her guests she can already be getting them excited for the new show date and she doesn't have to call them twice! (Except for reminder calls of course.)

smspamperedchef said:
IF for some reason the show cancels due to weather talk to the host first and reschedule on the spot! This way when she calls her guests she can already be getting them excited for the new show date and she doesn't have to call them twice! (Except for reminder calls of course.)

Be proactive - don't wait for her to say "I have to cancel my show" - once she decides to cancel it's uphill to get a new date. Here's what I said last time the weather was predicted to be bad:

"So, are your guests mostly neighbors or will they be concerned about driving in snow? (there's no way they'll come even with the threat) I totally understand. So do you want to move the show to tomorrow or next Tuesday? (next Tuesday will be good)" After the show she said she had a better turnout than she was expecting on the original day. Now this show was in the beginning or middle of the month so it wasn't affected by the change of specials/catalog.

1. What is "Freaking Out About the Weather!"?

"Freaking Out About the Weather!" is a cookbook by Pampered Chef that features recipes specifically designed for different types of weather. It includes dishes for warm summer days, chilly fall evenings, and even stormy days when you're stuck inside.

2. How many recipes are included in "Freaking Out About the Weather!"?

There are over 50 recipes in "Freaking Out About the Weather!" that cover a wide range of weather conditions and cooking methods. This allows for plenty of options for all types of weather and occasions.

3. Are the recipes in "Freaking Out About the Weather!" easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Freaking Out About the Weather!" are designed to be easy to follow and use common ingredients. They are perfect for both experienced cooks and beginners.

4. Are there vegetarian or vegan options in "Freaking Out About the Weather!"?

Yes, there are vegetarian and vegan options included in "Freaking Out About the Weather!" Each recipe is labeled with dietary restrictions and substitutions are provided when possible.

5. Can I purchase "Freaking Out About the Weather!" online?

Yes, you can purchase "Freaking Out About the Weather!" on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available in select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chefann